Thank you

source is Ventor himself.

"
Jauer wrote:

no divines needed

no %ES, vendor trash !
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Jun 18, 2015, 10:49:21 AM
Lol @ hoping you will ever get rolls that beat andvarius.
My question regarding the 45 billion divine orbs is: Is the chance really the same for every single value? Maybe it is 5 times more likely to roll 49% cold res instead of 50%?
"
Startkabels wrote:
Somebody please explain the ring to me? It look really crappy with 7% inc rarity or am I missing something?

Wow, look, an old dutch zombie that has risen from it's grave. Still as clueless as ever.

And YES, for exiles everywhere.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"

"
Jauer wrote:

no divines needed

no %ES, vendor trash !

No Divines needed.

𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓 𝕺𝖍 𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊
𝓜𝓞𝓢𝓣𝓗𝓐𝓣𝓔𝓓
Last edited by Kaoms_Heart on Jun 18, 2015, 2:24:00 PM
Yessss!! Been waiting for an EE that lasted a few days. Thanks, GGG!
"
My question regarding the 45 billion divine orbs is: Is the chance really the same for every single value? Maybe it is 5 times more likely to roll 49% cold res instead of 50%?

I haven't seen it tested, but it seems to me that rolls are uniformly distributed.

Still, there's 6 different things you're rolling. Just focusing on the ones that can be negative, there's about a (.5)^5 = 3.125% chance that you didn't get a negative roll.

Want all 6 to be in the top third of positive rolls? (.3)(.1666)^5 = 0.003% chance.
"
Friezefrite wrote:
"

I haven't seen it tested, but it seems to me that rolls are uniformly distributed.

Still, there's 6 different things you're rolling. Just focusing on the ones that can be negative, there's about a (.5)^5 = 3.125% chance that you didn't get a negative roll.

Want all 6 to be in the top third of positive rolls? (.3)(.1666)^5 = 0.003% chance.

OK so it takes an average of 333 divines to get in the top 1/3 of positive rolls. That's getting into the realm of what people will actually do. That is, if my math is right...
I am a shadow. I was born the youngest daughter of a respected family, raised to fight, weep and bleed for God and the Order. I would have died to keep my mouth shut. Professional integrity, it's called. That lord sang a different tune once I had taken their children.
"

If you'd be happy with 1% off perfect from each roll, then you'd need 45.5/2 = 22.75 Billion Divine Orbs.

So with more than 22 Billion Divine Orbs you should get a ring with the following rolls:
  • 59 - 60 life
  • 9 - 10 IIQ
  • 39 - 40 IIR
  • 49 - 50 All Res

Pure Magicfind math:
Spoiler
Only caring about the IIQ and the IIR rolls:
  • 8 - 10 IIQ
  • 32 - 40 IIR
  • random life
  • random All Res

(1/10)*(1/10) = 1 / 100

So for a very good Magicfind version you'll only need 100 Divines on average!
"
jugglereli wrote:
"
Friezefrite wrote:
"

OK so it takes an average of 333 divines to get in the top 1/3 of positive rolls. That's getting into the realm of what people will actually do. That is, if my math is right...

it would take 333 divines for a ~1% chance. It would take an average of ~33,300 divines to hit that criteria XD

In reality hitting all good mods will not be a realistic goal. Hitting most of them while the others aren't devastating will still be very hard, but those are the ones we'll probably see going for big money.
Last edited by Friezefrite on Jun 18, 2015, 4:12:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info