How many active users does have PoE?

"
Corsal8 wrote:
Yes i found that chart too.. But it counts only the steam users i think.. But dunno the percentage of steam user compared with the total users.. I've also found that at the launch GGG has 250k simultaneous users with 1.4M total users.. But dunno how reliabe that numbers are since the article was dates 2013..

You need this link http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

POE has daily player base of 5k on Steam. However, many don't use steam.

"
MANGUERA wrote:
When the beta was launched a couple months back, PoE reached 20k views on Twitch out of nowhere. That peak was so sudden that I would say that at least 80% of them were regular players that were anticipating the new content.
Twitch is a very bad indication for active player base, because successful Twitch streams depend on hype and what is currently considered "In", played by the active Twitch streamer community. The Twitch streamer Kripp alone brought in up to 10k viewers. When he stopped playing POE after a year the Twitch hype ended as sudden as it has been begun. This ofc was foreseeable 'cause at one point without new content, things become repetitive and people seek new grounds to feed their interests.

Games which are most successful on Twitch for longer periods are games which use team dynamics (LOL, CS, DOTA), or games which are competitive like HS - games which are based on rounds and with rankings and prize money.

"
MaxTheLimit wrote:
Because we are on the verge of a large expansion dropping, PoE is likely in a valley at the moment. It will see a big upswing for release, and then dwindle down again. Same as with most other games.

Yes.

"
tryhardgg wrote:
10 - 15k in perma leagues and x2 and x 3 in temp leagues .

This is also only a record, not giving active player base.

You can also not consider beta key = active player. I for instance bought the beta key, but I do not play beta, because I want to explore the new content after release and not in before.

In my opinion a good figure for active player base is 10-20k. To increase this figure you need a very well rounded addicting game. Leagues help to brig this to more audiences or enjoyable game experiences which are shared. However, POE can be very frustrating too. Thus, only certain types of people enjoy a very high difficultly which is not always rewarding.

Last edited by Vendy on Jun 25, 2015, 12:14:25 AM
Another thing to note here is the comparison of Diablo 3 vs POE viewers on Twitch. Both rank relatively equally. But Diablo 3, according to media reports sold over 10 million copies. In this light POE appears very competitive and underlines its strengths and potentials. Maybe the biggest new challenger is Eternal Lineage which will launch in about a year and will revamp the ARPG genre, as far i can tell.

What POE lacks most is maybe improved design, design details, content, and a scope for a broader audience, otherwise the game is likely to stay a niche game. Important here is that game experience is not frustrating, but rewarding. The challenge for game designer are particular to balance the game in a way which avoids becoming to easy vs to hard.
Last edited by Vendy on Jun 25, 2015, 12:09:52 AM
"
Vendy wrote:
Another thing to note here is the comparison of Diablo 3 vs POE viewers on Twitch. Both rank relatively equally..

Not really? I just checked on Twitch, D3 has almost twice as many viewers.

Not that I think Twitch views means that much

Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Jun 25, 2015, 12:46:22 AM
The downward slope is almost at its bottom I guess. Well, we can look forward to 2 weeks of a ton of players in 2.0 and then fall back down or even a bit further.

There are so many bad design decitions for this to work out in any longer run sadly :/

And btw, the time POE hit 20k+ viewers was when Kripp was streaming with all his gazillion followers. (mostly HS players so that doesnt really mean anything)
well aint you just a ray of sunshine. buck up buddy, ggg is going to be ok and the game is going to still very entertaining, if not everything you personally hoped and dreamed it would be.
Hey...is this thing on?
"
LostForm wrote:
well aint you just a ray of sunshine. buck up buddy, ggg is going to be ok and the game is going to still very entertaining, if not everything you personally hoped and dreamed it would be.

Glad your fanboyism isnt affected by reality, good for you and it probably makes you a more happy person :)

Sadly I see what the numbers means and its not that its going "well". It might still be enough for GGG to continue to develop the game though. But the big question is when you hit the point where it isnt, because for each passing bad decition the game is jumping down one more notch.

BUT 2.0 will bring back a bunch of players and jump up a couple of notches, so its not all doom and gloom just yet. (but that time is comming, this wont be d2 the way it is going)

The game has been out for 2 1/2 years now. It's going to suffer some player loss. My question is, how many NEW players are coming? (count me as one).

Happy Hunting
"
Zhatan wrote:
"
LostForm wrote:

Glad your fanboyism isnt affected by reality, good for you and it probably makes you a more happy person :)

Sadly I see what the numbers means and its not that its going "well". It might still be enough for GGG to continue to develop the game though. But the big question is when you hit the point where it isnt, because for each passing bad decition the game is jumping down one more notch.

BUT 2.0 will bring back a bunch of players and jump up a couple of notches, so its not all doom and gloom just yet. (but that time is comming, this wont be d2 the way it is going)

"
Zhatan wrote:
"
LostForm wrote:

Hey...is this thing on?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info