[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

So I'm close to level 80 now and my cloud damage is getting pretty good right now. Is it better to farm lower maps or Voll for massive clear speeds or to up the difficulty to 72-74 maps?
"
souljaboi25 wrote:
So I'm close to level 80 now and my cloud damage is getting pretty good right now. Is it better to farm lower maps or Voll for massive clear speeds or to up the difficulty to 72-74 maps?

Your call whether your want more levels or not, but maps are always best.

(Kind of a late) EDIT: What I personally do is that I farm lower maps first to build up a general currency base of alcs and chaos. Then I hit 74/75 maps and start alcing/chaosing them at that point. As well I have a reserve base of alcs for jewelery rolling. If the alcs miss, I have accessories for regal recipes, which I then sell back for more alcs. If the alcs hit, I sell them and profit.

Sorry for the possible misunderstanding, I read your character level, then map levels, and essentially figured you were deciding between farming and leveling.

Hope that clears things up. You can definitely do both, and at level 80 I'd be pushing harder maps to go for at least level 85-88.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 26, 2015, 3:32:08 AM
"
Serleth wrote:
"
souljaboi25 wrote:

Your call whether your want more levels or not, but maps are always best.

(Kind of a late) EDIT: What I personally do is that I farm lower maps first to build up a general currency base of alcs and chaos. Then I hit 74/75 maps and start alcing/chaosing them at that point. As well I have a reserve base of alcs for jewelery rolling. If the alcs miss, I have accessories for regal recipes, which I then sell back for more alcs. If the alcs hit, I sell them and profit.

Sorry for the possible misunderstanding, I read your character level, then map levels, and essentially figured you were deciding between farming and leveling.

Hope that clears things up. You can definitely do both, and at level 80 I'd be pushing harder maps to go for at least level 85-88.

I'm currently level 61 with ur build. Rushing through a2. Where would u recommend me start farming for levels and maps etc? And how/when should I approach maps? Your basic tactic will do :)
Lv20 PA + Empower Lv3 + 7 charges up + R_Cry (i can grab +1 frenzy charge because i bought a corrupted 20% IIQ for 5chaos)

Spoiler

LIST TO DO
==========

- To Grab Phase Acrobatics at Lv 91 (currently Lv 89)
- Atziri´s run (25 full sets + 17 midnights alone)
- To Grab +1 frenzy charge at lv 93
- To Corrupt 7 PA at 20/20

Testing.... CWDT + M_Shell + I_Duration + R_Cry

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Last edited by redix27 on Jul 26, 2015, 5:59:30 AM
hi im new to crafting. i heard u said its better to buy a 5L bow ilevel 64 above to craft a +2 bow gem mod. question is how hard to roll a +2 bow gem on my bow. since my first character on tempest i didn have much currency. about average hw much alt i can roll a +2 mod there.
"
xslasherz wrote:
hi im new to crafting. i heard u said its better to buy a 5L bow ilevel 64 above to craft a +2 bow gem mod. question is how hard to roll a +2 bow gem on my bow. since my first character on tempest i didn have much currency. about average hw much alt i can roll a +2 mod there.

60alts is average. I managed to do it in 4 lol
Which one is better IQ gem or IR gem in 6 link? Doesn't IQ gem affect map/divination drops?
"
iDecibel wrote:
"
xslasherz wrote:

60alts is average. I managed to do it in 4 lol

wow how lucky u are. guess i have to farm more first then try to roll it.
"
Serleth wrote:
I'm getting really frustrated.

2k or so fusings.

No six-link.

I was hoping to have the bow 6L'd before doing a video update. I think I might just go ahead and Vorici it so I can get the new video up before the middle of next week.

I feel you, 200 in and no 5Link either. I now safe to pay Vorici for a 5L, I mean, I still play with a 4L +2 bow and wreck things, will be a nice upgrade.

Else the build goes fantastically well. I didn't drop a good thing, some rare cards and some basic uniques, but the "Alt-machine" is insane. Using mostly all the portals from normal alt-aug'ed maps and it rolls all the things I need.

Gear-wise I could do some divine action on boots and the one Andy ring, but then, why bother when it all turns out smooth :)

1 Level to 89 for last jewel.

Loved all about your build so far, Sir Ser!
IGN: WildTortillaFart
Hey there.

Just had a couple quick question regarding both your MF PA Ranger build and this one.

Which would you say is more budget friendly?

Which has faster clear speeds, on say, 74+ Maps?

and just in general, which do you have more fun playing?

Thanks in advance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info