[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
breesos wrote:
First of all, thank you for the build, it's the second time i'm running it now and having a blast!

secondly, after taking far shot and endless munition as deadeye ascendency, is it more worth to take fast and deadly for the pure damage or powerful precision with the drillneck to have complete piercing?

Glad you're having fun =D

Fast & Deadly, get your pierce through Piercing Shots on the core tree.

"
I can't craft it yet because Caterina isn't level 8. Now i want to spend some Alts to get the +2 bow gems or +1 all gems. What would be the better choice until i can craft it? My empower is lvl 2 and all other gems are 19. Pure feeling i would say +1 all because every gem is affected?

Yes, +1 would be more effective as long as you're using empower in order to add more gem levels to CA (Empower 2 +1 = Empower 3 = +2 level to gems = CA 21, +1 from bow = CA 22, versus just +2 bow gems = CA 21). And you would get a bit better oomph out of your dmg multiplier gems as well.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Hello,

it's me again with another "stupid" question :D It's very "annoying" that i have to cast totem and golem all the time. So I think about pushing both.

For totem: 5L -> Spell Totem - Wither - Faster Casting - Increase AoE - Increase Duration

Golem: 4L -> Flame Golem - Minion Life - Minion Elemental Resistance / 1 space left for Aura

Is this ok or would there be a better combination?
Last edited by frky on Jan 7, 2018, 3:45:09 AM
Is this build guide supposed to be a joke?

It's not even using Mirage Archer, which comes close to being a 400% more multiplier... what am I missing here?
"
frky wrote:
Hello,

it's me again with another "stupid" question :D It's very "annoying" that i have to cast totem and golem all the time. So I think about pushing both.

For totem: 5L -> Spell Totem - Wither - Faster Casting - Increase AoE - Increase Duration

Golem: 4L -> Flame Golem - Minion Life - Minion Elemental Resistance / 1 space left for Aura

Is this ok or would there be a better combination?

Honestly, I don't even use Flame Golem out of sheer laziness.

The best way to do it would be to have your golem on a CWDT setup, then Wither 4L (just ID, no AoE required), which frees up the second 5/6L for the Frenzy + Decay + CoH setup. Decay isn't a significant improvement to boss damage, but it does help, especially if you don't really feel like LMP/GMP is necessary for your playstyle, you can just drop it for a support gem that will improve Decay (Void Manip, probs).

"
Orca_Orcinus wrote:

It's not even using Mirage Archer, which comes close to being a 400% more multiplier... what am I missing here?

Is your comment supposed to be a joke?

Cloud damage doesn't stack, so Mirage Archer is useless.
Last edited by Serleth on Jan 7, 2018, 3:54:16 AM
I know this build is pretty cheap, but does it make more money than say a windripper raider IIQ build? Also I watched your gorge run video and it didn't feel... that fast

Not here to trash talk but I'm looking for a cheap build to farm currency while also clears really fast.

If I play this build, my money maker isn't picking up currencies and div cards, but picking up yellow items, Id them and sell the good ones, while vendor trash one's for recipe?
The clear speed is better than it used to be (CA got buffed) but boss damage is worse (boss health buffs) now, so if you're planning on boss killing, that'll be a pretty big downside of this build probably, compared to Ripper.

But having never run a Ripper build to do a side by side comparison, I honestly can't answer which is better.

But yes, this build is more about an increased amount of items worth selling rather than raw currency drops.
Some tips for play (spoilered b/c they're not C/A specific)
Spoiler

1) Map Tabs
If you haven't tried the new Map Tabs you're missing out. Map tabs are amazing. I previously had one tab per map tier up to about Tier 13 or so - Map Tabs save me about 12 or 13 tabs and makes map organization far easier.

2) Trade Macro
You can get the trade macro and relevant information about it here:
https://poe-trademacro.github.io/

I've started using the macro and it's very nice. I've just begun using it, mainly to quickly price uniques that drop - some uniques are much more valuable than you'd think, so if I'm not familiar with the unqiue's price in this league I hit ctrl+D to quickly check.

There's a bunch of functionality built into Trade Macro that I'm not even using.

Check out Engineering Eternity's Trade Macro Video for details.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Jan 9, 2018, 3:34:51 PM
"
Orca_Orcinus wrote:

Better not to post and be thought a fool than to post and remove all doubt.
I have a question about the bow crafting. I have one with +2, add fire damage and 40 % light resistance. I would love to use the high light resi role. Would i be able to craft the +1, another resi and the dot? As I unterstood i can have 3 prefixes und 3 suffixes? At the moment I have 2 pre and 1 suff. Can i craft cannot roll attack mods + can have multiple crafts. then exalt the bow. remove the cannot roll and then craft 1 resi + dot or do i have 1 prefix too much?
Last edited by frky on Jan 10, 2018, 5:43:58 AM
You would either have to roll no attack mods and gamble that your exalt goes for prefixes first, or go multimod > no attack > exalt > remove crafted mods (which would remove BOTH of those), then multimod AGAIN to do another resistance.

That's 6ex, not including the cost of 6Ling it.

However, no matter how you cut it, the added fire damage prefix would mean that you couldn't craft Leo DoT (+1, +2, added fire = 3 prefixes).

OR.

With some patience you'd probably be able to find a guy selling a bow in Standard for relatively cheap, like 8ex ish.

Alternately, we could arrange a time where I could sell you that one for 8ex.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info