[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

Honestly, you can level with pretty much anything these days.

Depends largely on what twink gear you have available to you.

Any projectile spell is decent, really. EK, Freezing Pulse, etc. Could also just do Firestorm. Idk what twink gear you have available to you but if you don't have stuff like Lifesprig or Reverberation Rod, then you want to stick with ele skills so you can craft your own +1 sceptre/wand from the recipe.

If you have a tabula, pretty much anything goes. Sunder's probably among the best leveling skills at the moment, so using twink uniques + tabula + sunder = you win the game. Or Frost Blades.

What skill you end up choosing determines what nodes you grab, but it's pretty much just grab life/damage along the way and then respec into CA-related dmg nodes at the end.

Ideally you end up choosing SOME form of physical-based projectile skill because that dovetails the easiest with CA's end-game tree, so I would recommend Frost Blades, most likely, as the projectile dmg nodes will benefit the secondary aspect of the attack.

The way I usually end up doing it is

* pick a proj skill
* beeline for Fury Bolts
* Bravery/Golem's Blood
* then Ballistic Mastery via Heart of Oak
* Ranger proj dmg nodes
* keep an eye on str/int requirements, grab Primal Spirit as necessary
* Blood Siphon
* If I've picked a physical skill, I'll take Will of Blades, knowing I'm speccing out of that later. Otherwise, Entropy
* Either way, into Fangs of Viper > Nullification / Sniper
* Blood Drinker
* Then at this point I'm prepping to switch into CA, so I grab Method to the Madness, switch to CA, and fill out the rest of the tree prioritizing jewel sockets as I find good jewels, the scion life wheel, and frenzy charges last.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Serleth wrote:
Honestly, you can level with pretty much anything these days.

Depends largely on what twink gear you have available to you.

Any projectile spell is decent, really. EK, Freezing Pulse, etc. Could also just do Firestorm. Idk what twink gear you have available to you but if you don't have stuff like Lifesprig or Reverberation Rod, then you want to stick with ele skills so you can craft your own +1 sceptre/wand from the recipe.

If you have a tabula, pretty much anything goes. Sunder's probably among the best leveling skills at the moment, so using twink uniques + tabula + sunder = you win the game. Or Frost Blades.

What skill you end up choosing determines what nodes you grab, but it's pretty much just grab life/damage along the way and then respec into CA-related dmg nodes at the end.

Ideally you end up choosing SOME form of physical-based projectile skill because that dovetails the easiest with CA's end-game tree, so I would recommend Frost Blades, most likely, as the projectile dmg nodes will benefit the secondary aspect of the attack.

The way I usually end up doing it is

* pick a proj skill
* beeline for Fury Bolts
* Bravery/Golem's Blood
* then Ballistic Mastery via Heart of Oak
* Ranger proj dmg nodes
* keep an eye on str/int requirements, grab Primal Spirit as necessary
* Blood Siphon
* If I've picked a physical skill, I'll take Will of Blades, knowing I'm speccing out of that later. Otherwise, Entropy
* Either way, into Fangs of Viper > Nullification / Sniper
* Blood Drinker
* Then at this point I'm prepping to switch into CA, so I grab Method to the Madness, switch to CA, and fill out the rest of the tree prioritizing jewel sockets as I find good jewels, the scion life wheel, and frenzy charges last.

Thanks for the clear answer!
Since this is my first char in the abyss league, no twink gear whatsover, so gotta make do ;)
Having fun with this build finally got the quiver this afternoon.

Last edited by openallhours on Jan 14, 2018, 7:50:04 PM
I'm thinking of returning, and reading up on changes to the build in 3.0 and 3.1 and I noticed you have 2 minor gods listed as Gruthkul... I was confused at first and checked the wiki... the second Gruthkul should be Garukhan...
Nice catch. Thanks.
Please, share 3.1 passive three
"
_iVey__ wrote:
Please, share 3.1 passive three

It's there, just didn't edit appropriately. 3.0 = 3.1, no change to the tree.
Last edited by Serleth on Jan 22, 2018, 4:09:50 PM
Thank's mate
"
openallhours wrote:
Having fun with this build finally got the quiver this afternoon.

I did spend a lot of hours with this build in the last 4 weeks. Regarding to my experience item quantity is more "important" than item rarity. Maybe important is the wrong word. But +30 % in IIQ (Over 60 % instead of ~30%) had a bigger impact than having 100 % more IIR. I personaly would drop an Andvarius for a Ventor's Gamble and the Gloves for a pair of Sadmias Touch. Furthermore i used a Divination Distillate. That gave me a total of 62 % IIQ and over 270 % IIR without having IIR on the Helmet.
Also want to add that Hidden Potential is great for leveling.
It allows you to play CA pretty much right from the start.
Just disable your loot filter and pick up blues, use a Silverbranch and get a Silverbough at lvl31, use an empower if you have one and you should be fine. If that isnt enough, just get a +2 blue bow for even more damage.
This jewel can carry you all the way up to maps as long as you have some life and you sort out resistances (with gear/jewels).
Oh, and I also found out that weapon switching with a caustic cloud out will not get rid of the cloud, meaning you could potentially go for a crazy hybrid build with essence drain using a staff in your secondary weapon set or who knows what else. Having some sort of leech while playing this sounds great :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info