[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
hankinsohl wrote:
Spoiler
No doubt you've seen Mathil's Starforge cyclone raider... maybe that variant will be strong enough against Shaper to make the build completely viable for all content.

Spoiler
Saw this Slayer Ngamahu variant that pulled it off with relative ease. Not the fastest kill, but solid stuff.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Leveling Tip
Spoiler

Most of you are probably aware of this item:

Equip that and roll Beyond and Breach and optionally Nemesis - massive mob density, huge rampage stacks, DPS boos due to rampage and drops are noticeably much better.

Alternatively you could roll Rampage on the map but if you can use the belt it saves a stone.

I've been rolling Beyond in Dried Lakes leveling my HoWA toon and still getting over 120M exp/hr at level 79 while looting stuff for the chaos recipe.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Apr 6, 2017, 6:08:28 AM
@Serleth
Spoiler

Out of curiosity, what sort of DPS are you getting on that crit ST toon?

Prices for ES/int gear are just crazy, so I may reroll into something like your toon.
"
hankinsohl wrote:
@Serleth
Spoiler

Out of curiosity, what sort of DPS are you getting on that crit ST toon?

Prices for ES/int gear are just crazy, so I may reroll into something like your toon.

Spoiler
Well, that dagger was 25ex for ~350edps.

I ended up speccing out of a frenzy charge in order to try get more survivable and push a level and due to human error, I died three times and gave up lol. The dps output is just crazy and if there's literally any resistance missing from cap, it's so easy to accidentally kill yourself versus reflect, even with Promise and Vinktar's up.

My last death was to a volatile blood (totally my fault, moused it and just didn't react in time).

That said, with that frenzy charge still allocated and roughly ~5200 life, I was dealing 45k.7 h/o dps and ~92k fully buffed.

If you want to go more budget, I do have a 1ex dagger available.

I think my amulet was ~3ex, rings cost ~2ex total, 6L Belly something like ~5ex? These were when exalt prices were ~90c:1ex.

Total cost of the build without going all-out min-max shouldn't exceed 10-12ex.

Budget dagger btw does 40k hideout.
Last edited by Serleth on Apr 7, 2017, 12:33:12 PM
I went with a rigwalds, do u still recommend the same ascendancies?
"
Fredemand wrote:
I went with a rigwalds, do u still recommend the same ascendancies?

The extra AoE from the additional projectile is nice, but without Drillneck that's really the only valuable thing you're getting out of Scion's Deadeye.

You could pick Raider, which would enable you to drop Blood Rage, or Pathfinder, which would give you 25% increased damage while flasking.

Any of the three is fine, tbh, it really depends what you want.

Personally, if I was going to use a Quills, I'd use Pathfinder.
Last edited by Serleth on Apr 7, 2017, 10:48:50 PM
"
Serleth wrote:

Spoiler
Well, that dagger was 25ex for ~350edps.

I ended up speccing out of a frenzy charge in order to try get more survivable and push a level and due to human error, I died three times and gave up lol. The dps output is just crazy and if there's literally any resistance missing from cap, it's so easy to accidentally kill yourself versus reflect, even with Promise and Vinktar's up.

My last death was to a volatile blood (totally my fault, moused it and just didn't react in time).

That said, with that frenzy charge still allocated and roughly ~5200 life, I was dealing 45k.7 h/o dps and ~92k fully buffed.

If you want to go more budget, I do have a 1ex dagger available.

I think my amulet was ~3ex, rings cost ~2ex total, 6L Belly something like ~5ex? These were when exalt prices were ~90c:1ex.

Total cost of the build without going all-out min-max shouldn't exceed 10-12ex.

Budget dagger btw does 40k hideout.

Spoiler

I may take you up on the offer of the dagger at some point - but don't hold it for me.

I'm going to see how much DPS crit/HOWA can put out with maybe 5-8ex investment in rings/amulet.

I've got pretty awful gear atm with only 22% crit chance, but h/o DPS at level 87 with aura/golem up is a respectable 31K - with a bit of jewelry investment and some more levels, maybe 55K or so is within reach - which is plenty.

My ES is 9K which is OK - maybe I'll luck out and self-craft a nice ES belt.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Apr 8, 2017, 6:33:25 AM
Hello i use ur build in legacy and it rocks, im just trying to make also a gear for more dmg without the rarity so i wanna to ask if a good Cherrubism's Maleficence would outclass carcass jack.
DPS-wise, no question.

The question is whether or not you're comfortable without the AoE from Carcass (and/or can still be res-capped without it). If so, go with Cherribum's.

But if you're going for a dps-variant and dropping all MF, res shouldn't be an issue, so it's just the aoe vs dps concern.
Rambling thoughts on Legacy League
Spoiler

These are my thoughts on Legacy... I'd love to read you're thoughts:
==============
For those not pursuing 40/40 - I think the league is pretty fun - just activate the league stones of your choice and go for it.

And for those maybe pursing just 36 challenges - I think the league is pretty nice - choose the challenges you want to complete - equip the corresponding league stones - and you're good to go.

And for those who just want level 100 - this league is a godsend - equiup Nemesis, Bloodlines and Shrine, and mow down tons of mobs with uber map sustain.
==================
But... for many other players, I think this league is bad or really bad....

If you don't want to roll a max clearspeed toon - you're a t a big disadvantage;

If you like Magic Find... well, I my personal opinion, is that, in this league, going magic find is far worse than in any other previous league - whey?

Because, there's no chaos sink - previously, players would want to roll Zana mods to sustain maps - this league, map sustain is free via league stones.

Consequently, chaos orbs build up and up and up.

As a result everything becomes much more expensive.

And the value of someone trying to grind out chaos ors via magic find becomes correspondingly much less worth while.
==================================
Anyhow... roll with the changes I guess...

This league offers a lot of big currency generators.

1) Flip orbs - not new, but this is probably the best way to get wealthy;
2) Lab runs - good helm enchants are silly expensive - and quality gems and maps and good lab uniques are still worth while;
3) Talisman Rigwald - I pretty sure that you'll end up making a lot of currency by purchasing level 3 talisman and running Rigwald;
4) Vinktar's square - 12c or so for a staff - likely 48c or so for a run - meanwhile the Vinktar flasks for for a minimum or roughly 48c for a crappy one to 120+ for a good one - if you can stand trading for the staffs this seems like a sure bet for currency generation;
5) Prophecy selling - I haven't done any of this and have no clue on how to optimize this - but I think it's very profitable.

Magic find is, I think, far below all of the above options unfortunately.

Hopefully this will change in 3.0.
===============
My take - I think I've understood how this league is structured and now have a toon capable of reaching my goals...

So I've no complain on my part per se

But... I'd like to see a league where many builds are viable - this league, it seems to me that clear speed is king, whatever your goals, with boss killing a somewhat important lesser consideration.

Everything else, it seems (in hardcore, survivability is really important of course), is irrelevant.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Apr 10, 2017, 12:59:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info