[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

Spoiler
I disagree with the clear-speed monarchy entirely, unless you're Breach-farming.

Because this league is basically Standard, but with the option to run specific leagues at your leisure, you can basically do what you want. There's no real pressure and clear-speed is nowhere near the factor it was in Breach league.

I also think MFers have a place this league. In terms of the usual attrition-ary [sic] wealth generation, yeah for sure, not quite as good, but for those who like to gamble and want to try find more rare league-specific uniques, it's kind of a nice fun chase option.

Hitting the massive ratio for exalt exchange rates is mitigated somewhat by being able to sell the level 100 leaguestones. If you're not really interested in pushing past ~93, selling Bloodlines, Nemesis and Onslaught stones are a very consistent source of wealth. I'd say once I started selling them after doing the tri-league challenge, I made probably about 5ex strictly off selling stones.

Anyway, as for Legacy league on the whole, I've quit it. Precisely because, as I mentioned above, it's basically Standard. Aside from Breaches, there's nothing about legacy league I care to engage with that I can't get in Standard.

Only reason for me to go back to Legacy league (or any temp league that doesn't engage me, for that matter) is that gearing characters is significantly cheaper.

Except I have 246ex and 3550c banked in Standard, so... cost isn't really an issue, either.

Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Apr 10, 2017, 3:55:54 PM
Update on HoWA
Spoiler

Crit HoWA is definately the way to go now. The re-worked claw nodes help out crit quite a bit and going crit means that there's another 2 stats (crit multi and crit chance) to pursue; non-crit HoWA runs into diminising returns going after int and increased damage of various types.

I just hit 48K GMP DPS (golem and wrath up) and there's tons of room for improvement which mainly comes from getting enough ES on gear to spec out of ES nodes on the tree and into DPS nodes.

Edit - I'm at a bit over 51K GMP DPS now, 9.6K ES - top end is 70K+ DPS with similar or maybe slightly better ES. I think that 65-70K GMP DPS is within reasonable reach - a bit more ES on my Helm will go a huge way to achieving this - and then maybe a touch of ES on my rings.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Apr 11, 2017, 1:49:24 PM
Spoiler
Yeah but what's the expense differential?
"
Serleth wrote:
Spoiler
Yeah but what's the expense differential?

Spoiler

>> Yeah but what's the expense differential?
Don't know...

But I think my remaining upgrades are on the order of 3ex each - belt/helm

I'd like a 400ES+ helm and a reasonable belt. With those in place I *think* I can reach 60K+ GMP DPS with 9.5K+ ES

My current gear:

Gems:

I spent 9ex early on in the league for the chest and linked it myself - I think comparable chests are cheaper now or are on par...

I recently spent 3ex on my boots - but narrowly missed out on a similar pair going for 2ex...

Rings - 1 or 2c each - they're terrible, LOL.

I have 2 semi-decent gems - 40c for both. And 3 perfect unique gems - don't know what they go for now... but not-perfect unique gems function nearly as well and are much more affordable.

I lucked out on the helm enchant - that's 1ex if you buy it - I self-crafted the helm - but it's not so good, maybe 1ex or so sans the enchant...

So...

If you were to buy everything I now have... 6-link chest included... probably less than 20ex total. Maybe I'm off by 50% so, let's say 30ex - but you could economize, I'm sure - if necessary and do it for far less with a drop of less than 10% DPS...

I could be off by a few exalts or so though - I got my gloves really early on in the league for a reasonable amount - maybe similar ones are much more expensive now... on the other hand, Shaper's Touch is dirt cheap and I could equip those given the resists on the rest of my gear.
================
Update - At level 93 with some really "not-so-good" gear I'm at 66K hideout GMP/Wrath/Golem DPS - at 95 I'm, for sure, confident of 70K hideout DPS - more - with a bit of currency expenditure to improve gear/gems.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Apr 15, 2017, 2:03:48 PM
x
Last edited by hankinsohl on Apr 12, 2017, 6:30:31 AM
Good Stuff on Using Sextants on Maps
Spoiler

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6293e4/how_to_block_sextants_and_improve_your_atlas/

Pretty neat how you can block bad sextant rolls. And I didn't know that blocking extended to neighbors of neighbors.
So I've been running this build for a little bit and am liking it so far (Wanted to try it last time I played back in Talisman but never got around to it) but I had a question about the crafting method 3. You say to start with a dex craft from Vagan level 2, however he doesn't have a dex craft that can go onto bows (Maybe he used too?) So I was wondering if you meant Tora.

Some confusion on crafted mods in spoiler
Spoiler

On the wiki for Vagans crafts, it shows the dex master craft as a Suffix.

But on Tora's wiki page, it has this instead.

So I was curious if I can do method 3 crafting the dex on via Tora and if you had any insight on if the dex craft is a prefix or suffix. I'm assuming it's a suffix as I think all stat rolls are right?

Was also wondering if the PA calculator is still up to date as I am curious as to what my cloud damage is currently (Conc effect and Carcass Jack don't update the value on the tooltip, but it definitely looks like they're increasing my damage)

I guess I'm also curious if you can get lucky doing method 1 and be able to carry on with method 3.
Like if you have your single stat +2 bow (have one currently), get cannot roll attack mods on it, can you hit the +1 gems with the regal or does it require 1-2 exalts to hit it after the regal?

Thanks.
Last edited by Scotteeh on Apr 16, 2017, 2:20:54 AM
"
Scotteeh wrote:
So I've been running this build for a little bit and am liking it so far (Wanted to try it last time I played back in Talisman but never got around to it) but I had a question about the crafting method 3. You say to start with a dex craft from Vagan level 2, however he doesn't have a dex craft that can go onto bows (Maybe he used too?) So I was wondering if you meant Tora.

So I was curious if I can do method 3 crafting the dex on via Tora and if you had any insight on if the dex craft is a prefix or suffix. I'm assuming it's a suffix as I think all stat rolls are right?

Was also wondering if the PA calculator is still up to date as I am curious as to what my cloud damage is currently (Conc effect and Carcass Jack don't update the value on the tooltip, but it definitely looks like they're increasing my damage)

I guess I'm also curious if you can get lucky doing method 1 and be able to carry on with method 3.
Like if you have your single stat +2 bow (have one currently), get cannot roll attack mods on it, can you hit the +1 gems with the regal or does it require 1-2 exalts to hit it after the regal?

Thanks.

a) No, I meant Vagan. Worked for me in the past. Although it doesn't really matter as long as what you're using is a suffix.

b) Dexterity is a suffix. You can find out what affixes belong to prefixes or suffixes through PoEDB

c) Not sure if the calculator is up to date but it should give you an idea. You'll get a more accurate representation now from Path of Building. As for AoE modifiers, it's a known issue. They affect the actual area/damage of CA, but it simply isn't reflected on the tooltip.

d) Method three REQUIRES a single-stat, which method one will not provide you with.
Would a Delirium Essence crafted +3 Bow (without Leo's crafted mod) be an option?!
"
sorcita wrote:
Would a Delirium Essence crafted +3 Bow (without Leo's crafted mod) be an option?!

Yes. If you really want to push damage(more for bosses than for general map), the Delirium craft is a great additional boost.

Also you can get a +3 Delirium with Leo craft. Delirium is a Suffix. But you would need to be really lucky and hit both the +1 and +2 on the essence with an open prefix.
Last edited by ChronoExile on Apr 17, 2017, 4:32:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info