[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

Thanks for your kind replies, much appreciated!

Another question, if anyone knows, is 21/20 Vulnerability better for this build than 20/23 or viceversa?
"
mobutu wrote:

Another question, if anyone knows, is 21/20 Vulnerability better for this build than 20/23 or viceversa?

Neither! For the purpose of damage output a 1/0 Vulnerability is the same as a 21/20.

Gem levels grant additional Area to the curse, increased duration, and an increase in the physical damage taken. Quality increases the physical damage taken.

If your gear enables you to use a level 21 gem that is the better of the two options. You will get a slight benefit from increased duration vs no benefit from increased physical damage taken by mobs. Personally, I cap mine around level 9 which is as high as I can level the gem with out additional int on my gear, and it also means I don't have to use a suffix, or implicit, for int.
"
mobutu wrote:

Barring the negligible physical damage done by the arrow itself, neither gem level nor gem quality improves the the Vulnerability Gem for use with this build; the 33% increased damage over time debuff associated with Vulnerability is a fixed value and is the same for a level 1, zero quality gem as it is for a level 21/20 or 20/23 gem.

Edit:
Ninja'd by Chrono! LOL.

And Chrono makes a good point about gem level increasing curse radius and duration. The increased duration beyond level 9 probably isn't are helpful; stuff likely dies long before the level 9, 9.8 sec duration (except for bosses) expires. However, I tried a level 8 vulnerability and compared it with level 18. The level 18 gem cursed quite a few more mobs due to its increased radius.

So as Chrono suggests, use the highest level vulnerability that your gear permits.

That said, the way that this build works once you've leveled it, is that you pop Blood Rage and then fire off arrows. You don't bother cursing until bosses because it's totally unnecessary.

Last edited by hankinsohl on Sep 29, 2016, 3:41:58 PM
OT

Lottery Winner for my Alternate
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Thanks!

I wonder, isn't it somehow better to auto-spread the Vulnerability curse using the Blasphemy support? i mean this way it's auto-curse as an aura (so you don't have to shoot the curse on hit projectile), but it's 35% mana reserved and also there's the radius (I guess it's medium, but this maybe can be resolved with increased aoe support).
Has anyone looked into it? ;)
https://poe.mikelat.com/#_O5lb/A=fZ.i

You'll have ~ 95-100 mana left.

And that means no Clarity, and you get a maximum of two shots off before you're out of mana.

Your clear speed will DIE if you try use Vuln/Blasphemy.

Furthermore, the Blasphemy Curse combo is largely for melee skills, or skills where you are often in melee range (Incinerate, Blade Vortex, etc), unless you're really investing in curses in order to increase the AoE of them, things will be dead very often before they even get in range of the curse.

Conversely, the frenzy/coh combo allows you to curse from range and sustain frenzy charges in maps with reduced recovery / desecrated ground / vulnerability where keeping blood rage up is less advisable, and during boss fights where there's no need to have BR up at all. It serves two functions in one skill, and is far more efficient for us as result.
Last edited by Serleth on Sep 29, 2016, 5:53:35 PM
"
Serleth wrote:
OT

Lottery Winner for my Alternate

There's that Serleth luck in full swing again! Grats!

Now go 6-link your bow!
Last edited by hankinsohl on Sep 29, 2016, 6:15:24 PM
Thanks Serleth for your input!
You're welcome.

And thanks, Hank.

No 6Ling yet though, get to use that Rat's. =)

(And save the currency I got from selling the +2 Barrage Rat's Nest for a possible third build).
Last edited by Serleth on Sep 29, 2016, 8:01:37 PM
"
hankinsohl wrote:
The level 18 gem cursed quite a few more mobs due to its increased radius.

Sorry if this is silly but:
Being a curse on hit setup, does the (bigger) radius exists? Isn't the (bigger) radius beneficial only for self-cast?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info