[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
Serleth wrote:
+1 arrow Drillneck

Also, don't you think that the +1 Arrow Drillneck is a solid option for the Scion variant too?
Or going from 2 to 3 Arrows is more like getting into Diminishing Returs AoE wise?
I leave it up to player discretion, but it's not necessary. If you're running a 20% gem + Carcass, it doesn't really serve a point when you already have the passive additional arrow.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Sep 29, 2016, 3:17:49 AM

Is it worth crafting a bow like this?
With how bow prices have been tanking the past few leagues, wouldn't unless it was a Maraketh base.
"
Serleth wrote:
As you can see, no T1 rolls on life.

Alright, my gear looks similar to that, albeit lower life rolls because I have had to buy some peculiar rolled gear to balance my resistances and attributes and then never really upgraded. I forgot that I took one jewel slot (for the 36% damage jewel I posted a couple pages earlier) and went into the Shadow damage node before picking all life nodes.

"
I wouldn't be discouraged by the 6L cost. I've 6L'd over 70 items in PoE now, and my average, including 2 nightmares and my current (stalled) 1534 attempt on the Reach is still ~850 fusings.

Over time, you will average out to beneficial costs.

That is good to know.

"
Dying Sun is trumped out by Witchfire's Brew. Hands down.

That, too!
Last edited by Sacrifized on Sep 29, 2016, 5:35:32 AM
"
Sacrifized wrote:

"
Serleth wrote:
I wouldn't be discouraged by the 6L cost. I've 6L'd over 70 items in PoE now, and my average, including 2 nightmares and my current (stalled) 1534 attempt on the Reach is still ~850 fusings.

Over time, you will average out to beneficial costs.

That is good to know.

The right way to compare self-linking to use of Vorici is from an insurance perspective.

On average, it's likely that 6-linking on your own will cost about 1300 fuses; 20% less than Vorici's 1500 fuse cost.

If you can afford to be unlucky, fuse on your own. In the long term that's cheaper.

But if you can't really afford bad luck, for an extra 200 fuse you get a guaranteed result from Vorici.

And I suppose there's the case where you simply have almost no fuses whatsoever (but if you're playing this MF build, this edge case doesn't apply to you) and can't use Vorici. In that case too, try fusing on your own - at least there's some chance you'll hit 6-links.

Personally, I've gone both routes.

I usually 6-socket and then 5-link on my own. If I'm lucky I'll hit 6-links. If I 5-link, I stop and then use Vorici for 6.

Other strategies are possible - for example, split your fuses into 2 stash tabs. One tab is for fusing on your own, the other for Vorici. If you fail to fuse on your own, use the 2nd tab for a guaranteed result. And of course, you can deposit into each tab at a ratio you choose - perhaps more into the "on your own" tab if you're aggressive or more into the Vorici tab if you're risk adverse.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Sep 29, 2016, 7:30:26 AM
I just changed my standard life+res chest piece with a Carcass.

Numbers wise, the only thing that changes is on the Misc tab:
"Skill Area of Effect Radius Modifier" changes from -18% to -3% (that's because of Conc Effect less radius being almost negated by Carcass more radius, I suppose).
And of course evasion, energy shield etc number changes.

But DPS wise, the numbers are exactly the same, including the "Deals xxxxx chaos damage per second". Is this normal?
"
mobutu wrote:
I just changed my standard life+res chest piece with a Carcass.

[...]

But DPS wise, the numbers are exactly the same, including the "Deals xxxxx chaos damage per second". Is this normal?

Yes. Area Damage modifiers do not show on the tool tip or character sheet for Caustic Arrow. Carcass Jack, Concentrated Effect, and any 'of Blasting' jewels modifiers are left off of this calculation for some reason.
"
ChronoExile wrote:
Yes.
Area Damage modifiers do not show on the tool tip or character sheet for Caustic Arrow.
Carcass Jack, Concentrated Effect, and any 'of Blasting' jewels modifiers are left off of this calculation for some reason.

Many thanks, I thought I was doing something wrong ;)
Is this temporarily aka GGG knows about this bug and actively works towards fixing it, or is it unknown?
"
mobutu wrote:
"
ChronoExile wrote:
Yes.
Area Damage modifiers do not show on the tool tip or character sheet for Caustic Arrow.
Carcass Jack, Concentrated Effect, and any 'of Blasting' jewels modifiers are left off of this calculation for some reason.

Many thanks, I thought I was doing something wrong ;)
Is this temporarily aka GGG knows about this bug and actively works towards fixing it, or is it unknown?

It's a known thing but it's unknown whether or not there will be a fix for it. I forget the exact reason why, but there's a technical reason why ground effect skills (CA's cloud is a ground effect) do not show a tooltip difference when it comes to area modifiers.

It does impact it, but you have to calculate the impact manually.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info