[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

Hey guys, i guess i need some help, my kill speed and dmg is fine in my opinion.

without frenzy but with the golem i got 15,2k dot dps

i've ofc all res 75 and got 5,1k life but i still get one shottet a.e. orchard map the boss just one shot me or those monsters that throw spikes at dying 1 spike= 30-40% of my life is gone ..

i got 11,3k evasion with grace and without frenzy

did u got the same problems? should i swap some of my gear?

Spoiler

i also tryd to get much life as i can ._.
That's passive point #70, not level 70.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
ChronoExile wrote:
"
tgodoy85 wrote:
Guys, how about Cospri's with vulnerability/temp chain (enfeeble)? I know that CJ is the best min/max solution but we run a little bit squishy for T12/T13. Yesterday I did 2 waterways (almost 20k buffed cloud dmg) and you have to be really cautious, therefore slowing clear speed.

Hank was trying this out a little earlier in the league. On paper it sounds really strong, assuming you have your resistances figured out.

After having tried it out a bit my feelings are now that I do not recommend this chest piece for CA.

The dual curse is very nice but it's at the expense of the life and resists and/or increased AOE that you'd get with another chest.

For pushing really high level content I'd go with dual-curse amulet and Lightning Coil (obviously sacrificing Magic Find).

For min-maxing clear speed for optimal magic find I'd go with Carcass Jack.

Full use of Cospri's Will means leveraging the "poison cursed enemies on hit" mechanic which CA isn't able to (effectively) do.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Jun 22, 2016, 8:57:09 PM
"
Pixelicious wrote:

i've ofc all res 75 and got 5,1k life but i still get one shottet a.e. orchard map the boss just one shot me or those monsters that throw spikes at dying 1 spike= 30-40% of my life is gone ..

The Orchard boss one-shots just about every build; the trick is to never get hit. Un-summon your golem, run circles around him, do not drop totem (this is to prevent the boss targetting your golem or your totem and then you circle right into where he's firing).

Oh... and hug the walls when first entering to clear mobs in the boss room. If you stick closely to the walls you generally will not summon the boss and can kill of most or all of the adds which might otherwise interfere with circling.

The run-circles technique works every time after you practice it a bit.

As for other one-shot situations... you haven't posted flasks, so this is speculation. You want 3 Seething Hallowed Life Flasks. When your health rapidly dips, just spam those flasks and it's instantly back. You can survive just about anything that doesn't actually one-shot you (e.g. those porcupine spikes) this way.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Jun 22, 2016, 9:23:32 PM
"
hankinsohl wrote:
you haven't posted flasks, so this is speculation. You want 3 Seething Hallowed Life Flasks.

I personally argue for one Catalyzed flask and two Seethings.

Reason being it's easy to be overzealous with your flask spam and end up with zero charges in panic situations.

Having one duration flask allows you to recover over time rather than instantly, and allows you to rebuild your panic charges for when you need them. Once you adjust to it, you get pretty calm about using that non-panic flask, and it's great for the in-between moments of running maps, where there's no packs around and you still need to recover enough life to make the next engagement safely. This way, your refill your pool without burning panic charges.

Remember, you get (812 * 3) * 2 = 4,872 life from two Seething flasks, which essentially the entirety of our life pool ~lvl 90 or so.

To each their own, but that's the reasoning behind the Catalyzed Eternal for me. It puts me in the mindset of preserving charges on that third flask for when I have time to avoid using the instant flasks, so as to preserve those charges. If that makes sense.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 23, 2016, 1:24:01 PM
"
Serleth wrote:

To each their own, but that's the reasoning behind the Bubbling Eternal for me. It puts me in the mindset of preserving charges on that third flask for when I have time to avoid using the instant flasks, so as to preserve those charges. If that makes sense.

My trick is to have my third staunching on a hotkey I seldom use. If I use up most flask charges on my main flasks, I make sure to fill up flask charges by attacking trash mobs and perhaps taking it a bit less aggressively until all is good again.

You say TOE MAY TOE, I say TOE MAH TOE :-)
I'm loving the new sound and music background in the game now.

When the new sound system first came out it crashed often, leaving me completely without sound sometimes.

But now that it's fixed, it's really nice. Good job GGG.
I honestly find the reverb way too thick for a lot of indoor areas.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 23, 2016, 1:27:42 PM
About the bow, is the physical damage relevant at all ? Since you get bonus chaos damage from it, plus using frenzy on bosses etc ? Or is it essentially irrelevant and you should always favour attack speed / good implicit like movement speed ?

"
Or is it essentially irrelevant and you should always favour attack speed / good implicit like movement speed ?

^ that

With a note for going for resistances to make Carcass easier to equip.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 23, 2016, 1:55:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info