[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
ChronoExile wrote:
Yes to Scion, yes to Path of Ranger. I'm sure there will be an updated tree as we get closer to the start. Serleth's tree might be different, but I am planning on dropping the three dexterity nodes to the right of Sentinel. I'm not sure the best place for those extra passives, but I think that location frees up the most passives, without compromising anything significantly in the build.

Chrono, this seems like the best option IMHO, you lose 30 Dex, which is almost useless by the time you are able to finish the map Lab and with those extra 3 points (and following the rest of the tree exactly as it is now) you can get Phase Acrobatics by level 89, and from then on just add life I guess.

EDIT: Following this tree, and based off of PoE offline skilltree planner, at level 89 and _without_ any stats from gear, you get:

- 2967 life
- 972 mana
- 130 Str
- 365 Dex (that's a whole year worth of Dex!)
- 120 Int
- 928 Evasion (8% evasion chance at lvl 89)
- 40% Dodge
- 30% Spell Dodge
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
Last edited by Jadran on May 31, 2016, 8:29:01 AM
"
Hvakhshathra wrote:
"
hankinsohl wrote:

I'll probably knock out most of the challenges on my CA toon and then roll another fun toon with high DPS and hopefully great clear speed to complete the difficult kill challenges.

This is what I did for the past two leagues and most likely to do in the next. As Standard is dead off challenge leagues running back-to-back, it's a good idea to try out other builds in the challenge league (better off DPS/fast ones) and finish the remaining challenges with them.
Glad that I tried out both Spark and Ice trapper before they went to the pooper thanks to GGG's "balance".

Haha, great minds think alike :-)

I too went Ice-chaos trapper and Spark-chaos caster last league.
Havent read the whole thread but in frist pages there are two leveling solution. Sing sparks nerfed, what do u think about leveling with Contagion+ED? Or any other good solution? Or till lvl 50 spark still ok? How do u guys gonna level it?
Last edited by omgree on May 31, 2016, 9:32:00 AM
"
omgree wrote:
Havent read the whole thread but in frist pages there are two leveling solution. Sing sparks nerfed, what do u think about leveling with Contagion+ED? Or any other good solution? Or till lvl 50 spark still ok? How do u guys gonna level it?

Probably Flame Totem plus Searing Bond plus some other skills (Ice Nova, flame trap). Might temporarily go dual flame totem. Might try bladefall, perhaps bladefall totems. Something along those lines ought to work well.
"
omgree wrote:
Havent read the whole thread but in frist pages there are two leveling solution. Sing sparks nerfed

How was it nerfed? I plan to level with spark/orb, since it is noob friendly - easy to get gems. Would be the pity if this way is not viable anymore :-/
"
Sutyrin wrote:

How was it nerfed?

"
Spark and Vaal Spark projectiles (including those from monster Sparks) are now 20% slower. Quality on Spark and Vaal Spark is now worth 1% projectile speed per point of quality (rather than 2%). The time that Sparks must travel before they re-arm has been increased from 500ms to 1000ms. Spark projectiles now destroy themselves after travelling 150 units, which is in-line with other projectiles.

Source

I think until CA we still able to level with it, so if u want to level with spark u dont need anymore skill effect duration. But personally im bored of spark and gonna think to try something new to me.
Last edited by omgree on May 31, 2016, 10:23:54 AM
I think Spark was strong in combination with Orb of Storms for leveling last league. But after OOS was nerfed, I think that Spark fell out of favor as a really good leveling skill.
"
hankinsohl wrote:
But after OOS was nerfed

Seems i've missed somthing. Didnt found in manifesto and wiki. Could u please give a link?

"
hankinsohl wrote:
Might temporarily go dual flame totem.

So node is far away for the skill tree of this build. Are u gonna respec alot of the points when u switch to CA?
Last edited by omgree on May 31, 2016, 11:13:10 AM
"
omgree wrote:
"
hankinsohl wrote:
But after OOS was nerfed

Seems i've missed somthing. Didnt found in manifesto and wiki. Could u please give a link?

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/48ooy9/orb_of_storms_nerfed/

Ziggy had a Youtube extolling the merit of OOS/Spark - shortly after that video came out OOS was nerfed.

Spark just seems to need too much support to be really good - duration, projectile speed, some sort of damage augmentation, plus it kind of warders around without really aiming very well unless you're face tanking - not recommended when leveling in a new league with really crappy gear, LOL. I think that pre-nerf OOS compensated for some of this by zapping stuff close to you as you rapidly cast Spark.

Personally, I like totems - with really bad gear totems can do decent DPS and you can play safe by keeping totems between you and the mobs.
Last edited by hankinsohl on May 31, 2016, 11:43:41 AM
"
omgree wrote:
"
hankinsohl wrote:
But after OOS was nerfed

"
hankinsohl wrote:
Might temporarily go dual flame totem.

So node is far away for the skill tree of this build. Are u gonna respec alot of the points when u switch to CA?

What could u please suggest about this? Would be the best if you share some skill tree of your vision with totems
Last edited by omgree on May 31, 2016, 11:26:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info