[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

I use this loot filter: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1259059

It's big and complex, but I like it.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
omgree wrote:
Im using Ziggyd's loot filter for 2.2 modified by my self. Its good for recipe but it doesnt have some alamrs that i need (6 link, not all uniqs, etc).

Serleth, so what do u think about this system? Hope u check it, mb u have better solutions:
Spoiler

"
Personally i have tab for each piece of recipe (two-hand weapon, armour, helm, boots, etc.), naming the tab so they can all fit the screen, its important for easy use. I go below tier 8 map only to get few two-handed <ilvl 75 weapons for chaos recipe (regal cost less). The problem all the time is to find enough rings and amulets, so when my other tabs are full and i dont have rings/amulets for recipe im starting doing the same: unindef and sell for alts or if good it goes for sale to poe.trade. Mostly i've spent time for collection and selling itemps but its the goal of build to collect alot of currency.

But anyway i've got a ton of good information from this thread and for me playing poe only for month was a good boost to know the game :)
p.s. so, are u roing to play Scion CA new league? Or some different class?

This is what I use for 6L & Uniques:

Spoiler
Show
Rarity Unique
SetTextColor 0 0 0
SetBorderColor 0 0 0
SetBackgroundColor 175 100 40
PlayAlertSound 4 200

Show
LinkedSockets = 6
SetBorderColor 255 0 0
PlayAlertSound 5 200

As for the Recipe system I use, you can visually see what I do in my Inventory Management video (I did it before the currency tabs, but the principle is the same).

Basically, what I do is I keep an unid recipe tab, an id recipe tab, and a regal recipe (always id) tab.

As I'm farming maps, I fill up all the easy-to-fill parts (2h, gloves, hat, boots, body, belt) so that the only parts I'll ever have to fill in are the rings and amulet. I keep two sets prepared in each tab. So two sets for unid, two sets for id, two sets for regal.

I do the unid recipe for ilvl 60-71, id recipe for ilvl 72-74, and regal for 75+.

With the amount of vendor-tripping we do, this is partly why I think we're fine doing recipes (like we were discussing earlier today here). Since we're already going back to our hideout to vendor, we might as well recipe.

As I'm farming, I keep in mind what parts I need to fill, and look for those specific slots. I then exit the map, go straight to my stash, fill the spots that need filling, drop any good items into my shop, vendor the rest, back to maps.

The important thing for me is to keep a "Runs" tab in my first slot, which contains mostly the next set of maps I intend to run so I don't have to go fishing for maps every time I'm done with one.

So my first four tabs are:

* Runs
* Currency tab
* Recipe
* Id recipe.

This way I can just use my arrow keys to move quickly between the tabs I will use most often rather than wasting time clicking to them.

You can see an example of this ~9:25 in the inventory video.

EDIT: Yes, I will be rolling CA at the start of Prophecy.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on May 31, 2016, 2:20:20 AM
The Prophecy challenges are out!
Who feels like killing Merciless Voll 1200 times? :)

I'd think this and probably 100 Atziri runs are the most doable ones for this build.
Other than that probably twinned T14 and T15 kills will have to be purchased, but that's what I have been doing all along anyway.

Divination Card sets - I have no idea about rarity of some of these, will have to look them up. But since this build is going to amass wealth they shouldn't be a problem.

The Pale Council is a big question mark for everybody I guess. The questions are 1) how hard it will be to farm the required prophecy chains and 2) how hard the fight itself will be. If we can't do the fight ourselves, buiyng it should be a viable alternative.

The Prophecy Chains - again, we will have to see how rare / hard they are.

A Warband Leader - hmm, only from Zana mods and then we have to get super lucky?
1000 kills in a Rampage chain - I hate these, I don't know how well CA can handle them.

Anyway, I'm going for 40/40 this time!
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
"
Jadran wrote:
Who feels like killing Merciless Voll 1200 times? :)

Not me! :-)

At 3 minutes per run, playing say 12 hours straight per day, that's 5 days solid of nothing but Voll kills - just way too boring for me.

I'll probably knock out most of the challenges on my CA toon and then roll another fun toon with high DPS and hopefully great clear speed to complete the difficult kill challenges.

Alternatively, you can probably do all the challenges with a CA toon, swapping in a bunch of survivability gear for the tough kills. I may end up trying this route - depends on what turns out to be a strong boss killer next league and whether or not I want to play it.

As a final possibility, you can of course just purchase the kills you don't want to fiddle with.
======
Oh... and they forgot the level Zana to 8 challenge this league, LOL.

Edit:
T15 Colosseum actually isn't too hard; so global 820 for Colosseum chain runs (hardest part is getting the map, but you could of course just buy them). So after 4 chain runs you'd be half way to getting this achievement done. For the other half I'd do the Atziri runs or maybe endgame Izaro if trying for some good enchants.
Last edited by hankinsohl on May 31, 2016, 6:38:30 AM
"
Jadran wrote:

A Warband Leader - hmm, only from Zana mods and then we have to get super lucky?

Given the new unique strongboxes, this should not require the aid of Zana to complete. You still need to get lucky with finding one of the 4 warband strongboxes, or a lucky chance orb, but at least they might be easier to buy as the strongboxes are their own challenge too.
I literally can't wait, both for the new league and playing this build, and going MF for the first time. It seems with each new league my anticipation gets only greater. Well played GGG.

EDIT: And let's not forget the 64-bit client in 2017, holy savior! :)
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
Last edited by Jadran on May 31, 2016, 7:20:06 AM
Btw, the strongboxes gonna count for the whole party or only for one person who triggers the openning?

Totally agree with hankinsohl. Im gonna play CA for currency and to take time to think what build i gonna play next after (depends also on drop).

So the Scion is the best choice after all patch notes and some buffs for other classes, right? And as i mention, with 8 points we take Ranger starting point and do the same except two starting passives from Scion tree?
"
omgree wrote:
Btw, the strongboxes gonna count for the whole party or only for one person who triggers the openning?

Unless something is changing it will be the person who triggered the box (or at least that is how it has been the last three challenge leagues in regards to strongbox challenges). However the Warbands boss, should be credited to the entire party the same way map boss kills are done.

"
omgree wrote:
So the Scion is the best choice after all patch notes and some buffs for other classes, right? And as i mention, with 8 points we take Ranger starting point and do the same except two starting passives from Scion tree?

Yes to Scion, yes to Path of Ranger. I'm sure there will be an updated tree as we get closer to the start. Serleth's tree might be different, but I am planning on dropping the three dexterity nodes to the right of Sentinel. I'm not sure the best place for those extra passives, but I think that location frees up the most passives, without compromising anything significantly in the build.
Guys, didnt u ever felt this build of the lack of flask charges? Is it good idea for new "free" passives use on Druidic Rite and Primal spirit (4 passives total to go)?
Or may bee to take Exceptional Perfomance (right of the Sentinel) for additional skill effect duration?
Any ideas? :)
"
hankinsohl wrote:

I'll probably knock out most of the challenges on my CA toon and then roll another fun toon with high DPS and hopefully great clear speed to complete the difficult kill challenges.

This is what I did for the past two leagues and most likely to do in the next. As Standard is dead off challenge leagues running back-to-back, it's a good idea to try out other builds in the challenge league (better off DPS/fast ones) and finish the remaining challenges with them.
Glad that I tried out both Spark and Ice trapper before they went to the pooper thanks to GGG's "balance".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info