[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

I just use this. Some of the zones are out of date, but the math is accurate, so you just need to adjust by zone level rather than zone name.

Faster than combing through a spreadsheet.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Update #2 from a casual
Started leveling directly after work yday with the tip that Ben_Hure gave me (Bladefall-Conc Effect-Faster Casting-Controlled Destruction) even tho I was underleveled on each zone and my gem was 2-gem levels lower than it should I could still hit like a truck. This made me motivated to push through cruel into end of act 2 in merc, just vaal left. To help Bladefall on bosses I used Essence Drain-Rapid Decay (lack of a 3L). And the damage was doubled! To push it even further I used Spell Totem-Wither and a Searing Bond totem and it just melts most of the stuff!

I bought myself the starting stuff I needed and the missing gems to make it easier once I switch to CA, only got a 5L thicket ilvl 70 (still trying to get that lucky alt +2 bow gems) and a Sadima's 14% quantity.

Rest of the gear is just... Well it sucks! I have 20-35 %res in each except chaos ofc so I am very squishy at 2.3k life, but I will fix that soon enough once I get that +2 bow and can buy me some IIR-rares with some life and resists to get me capped atleast.

Not been that lucky with my drops tho, but it will come soon enough, sitting at 7-10c total at level 59 after buying some gems and 5L bow+Sadima's. Looking forward to start mapping today atleast and who knows, might be getting them PhatLewts, but not counting on it lol ;)

@Serleth, if u have the time you could update the leveling guide with the easy tree-progression you told me a few pages back, and also include "Bladefall-Conc Effect-Controlled Destruction-Faster Casting + 2 Spell dmg wands + breakrib talisman + rustic sash. And for single target Essence Drain-Rapid Decay-Something for single target. And Spell Totem-Wither + Searing Bond if needed. But remember it was Ben-Hure's Idea to do this leveling, not mine :)

Tree atm, feel free to give tips.
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4B0QUtBbUILg5IES8TbRQJFHUVIBa_GNsZjhm0G8gj9iaIJpUtgy4jMHw2PUMxR35NklFHVUtbr2HiYlpirGVNbIx07XXLdoJ9dYTZjX2Nfo2_kAqTmZ2qoSKiQKOKr-u0xbTRtUi3MLe2u5674702vqfC7MSiyAzLvdN-2sHdDd-Y44Tmgepi62Ptg-4O73r0-Paj_ro=?accountName=iDecibel&characterName=DotItLikeItsHot

And my character "DotItLikeItsHot" can be seen through my profile (Can't link to her on phone), gearing tips is welcome aswell! :)

If someone got some starting IIR-gear for sale just give me a msg or add me in-game, if this question isn't allowed in your thread @Serleth, just give me a hint and I'll Edit it out :)

Thanks so far guys and Good luck MFing!
"
iDecibel wrote:
@Serleth, if u have the time you could update the leveling guide...

If someone got some starting IIR-gear for sale just give me a msg or add me in-game, if this question isn't allowed in your thread @Serleth, just give me a hint and I'll Edit it out :)

At this point, there's about 6 weeks until Ascendency, when levelling's probably going to change all over again. Bladefall is going to get nerfed too, I'd bet 10ex on it.

I'll help people on a case-by-case basis until then. No sense reworking it twice. It's an extensive amount of work to do it properly, complete with trees. My wireless is acting up and I can't edit posts reliably right now, so I'll do more work on it later but I've thrown the cursory changes in to the primary levelling section.

As for the gear-request, go ahead man. As long as you aren't making this your secondary trade thread, I don't mind the occasional ask here.
Last edited by Serleth on Jan 20, 2016, 2:05:51 AM
Yeah that's true! Gaah, 8.5hrs until I get home from work.. Wanna progress more lol ^^
Came up with a few questions for who ever want to answer them
1. What items do u chance this league?
2. When do u start mapping? When capped res? Certain level etc?
3. Any map bosses u skip?
4. Any map u roll exclusively for? Like double boss on a specific map with multiple bosses like Arena etc?
5. Any tip u would like to give to someone who never really mapped higher then 71s?
"
iDecibel wrote:
4. Any map u roll exclusively for? Like double boss on a specific map with multiple bosses like Arena etc?
5. Any tip u would like to give to someone who never really mapped higher then 71s?

I can't speak for others, but me:

1) I don't. I convert chances to regrets. Guaranteed profit versus luck profit. There are very few items left in the game worth chancing. Skyforth boots are the big one.
2) I start mapping no later than 66. I res cap before mapping usually, but that's more just preference than necessity. Anything above 65% on each resistance is good enough to go.
3) Only while levelling, otherwise, no, and even while levelling it's only until I'm confident in my life pool. Spinner of False hope is the big one I skip while levelling. I'm often at 3.8k life when I first run Jungle Valley, and I don't do that fight with less than 4.3k. Once I get that, I run him, too. The only other one I skip is Terrace, but with the changes they recently made that's less about ripping and more about his mechanics: he regenerates health very quickly and he's just difficult to actually kill until you have a level 20 gem. You'll need permanent uptime on curse, frenzy charges, and have to swap out Wither for Flesh Offering in your totem setup so he can't eat corpses as much.
4) Museum / Arena Twinned & Corrupted for sac frags. Low enough level where I'm concerned more with loot rather than map pool. Bazaar (another tri-boss map) is too high level to deliberately roll twinned for. More concerned about map pool at that point, but if I happen to get a good roll with twinned, I corrupt it.

5)

* For this build, seething flasks are a necessity. There's a lot of situations, and map bosses, that will chunk you fast, and you need to recover instantly if you want to survive. We don't leech, and if you're going to opt with the Blood Rage route, as I recommend, you aren't regenning fast enough. Flask rolls are your main source of survival with this build.
* If you're concerned with levelling, more than currency generation, don't feel like you shouldn't have survival gear to swap into: hell, I've been playing this game since Open Beta, I'm an experienced veteran, and I still have survival gear ready to swap while levelling. Especially until you get used to how higher level maps impact the damage dealt, and what you can expect from different bosses, safety is cool.
* Don't get frustrated by rips. They're going to happen. Bosses you've never faced before are going to surprise you. Just be patient, and learn.
* Playing super defensive is fine until you get comfortable with it all.
* Be cognizant of what items are worthwhile to keep unidentified for the challenges, if you drop extras. Like Kongming's Strategm and the Allure Vaal Claw. Normally only worth an alc, but will sell for 1ex+ right now because they're challenge items.

That's all I can think of right now but if you have further questions don't hesitate to ask.

Lastly, make sure you check my last post, Decibel. My wireless has been acting up and I snuck an edit in that you may have missed regarding your item request.
"
Serleth wrote:
"
iDecibel wrote:

I can't speak for others, but me...

That's all I can think of right now but if you have further questions don't hesitate to ask.

Lastly, make sure you check my last post, Decibel. My wireless has been acting up and I snuck an edit in that you may have missed regarding your item request.

Thanks for the great answers! By far the best build-author I know of. If u want any help improving the guide with some video-recordings w/commentary, images for fancy stuff etc. Or need any item, I will always be glad to help back!

Yeah I did miss that Edit, no worries. Won't be using it as a trade-thread, just figured if someone had some stuff laying around for sale after upgrades. Some author's won't tolerate ppl asking tho.
Used a talisman ranger I wasn't using anymore and regretted some skill points to closely match your build. It's level 81 with 3k hp. I got a +3 bow with some decent iir(211) on gears and only 15% lightning resist away from cap.
I threw on caustic arrow on my +3.... LOL it was so funny when I went to dry lake and ripped cause my caustic arrow was doing little dmg from being level 1.
Time to grind the levels !!
Edit: I died from confusion as to why it wasn't doing much damage. Just stood there Lel
I have a great feeling about the build though!
Last edited by camuer on Jan 20, 2016, 12:41:30 PM
Hey man, I want to dive back into Poe after a couple months break and your build seems really nice. I just have two questions.

It looks like you prefer Ranger over Shadow but i found couple of different skill builds (one with chaos damage nods) and since english is not my native language i cant figure out which one I need to follow? Can you please tell me which one do I need to follow?

Also, after the expansion comes out, any idea which class is going to be better for your build?

ty
My IGN is TheFatality.
"
Annihilat0r wrote:
Hey man, I want to dive back into Poe after a couple months break and your build seems really nice. I just have two questions.

It looks like you prefer Ranger over Shadow but i found couple of different skill builds (one with chaos damage nods) and since english is not my native language i cant figure out which one I need to follow? Can you please tell me which one do I need to follow?

Also, after the expansion comes out, any idea which class is going to be better for your build?

ty

Shadow if you prefer Iron Reflexes, Ranger if you prefer Acrobatics.

That said:

If you're in Standard (can't tell, your profile is private), go with Ranger. It will definitively trump any other class when Ascendency is released.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info