[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

Hello Serleth & others..

I'm currently MFing on HC Talisman (lvl88) as Shadow but essentially the build's about the same. I'm more taking into account a lot of the gear & MFing set up. I was curious as to what gem links you think are most efficient for a 5L MF set up.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAAx4FLQW1Bx4Kmw2NDkgRLxGWE20UCRR1Fr8Y2x9BIuoj9iaIJpUrCi4jLlMwcTB8MgE2PTfUOkI6sz7PQzFJE0lRSn1LeEz_TZJOKlFHU7taGluvXEBd8mHiYqxlTWqMbAhsjG5pdO11nnXLdoJ464TFh3aHy4ngjX2Nfo2_j_qTH5OZlS6bJpu1naqi2aOKp5uw2LIZtMW00bVItzC3truevTa95r6nv9XC7MMzwzrIDMgUzxXTb9Qj1fjawdvn3ajjn-ZY6NbqYutj7T_uDvDV8Yr1b_zF

I have 37iiq/173iir w/o Item Rarity linked -> 37iiq/239iir with Item Rarity linked. While the Divination Distillate is active I have 54iiq/213iir w/o Item Rarity linked and 54iiq/279iir with Item Rarity linked.

**My question is with my 5L set up, is it more efficient to use CA - Void Manipulation - Rapid Decay - Empower lvl 3 - Slower Proj... Would you recommend CA - Void Manipulation - Slower Proj - Empower lvl 3 - Item Rarity... Or would you recommend CA - Void Manipulation - Rapid Decay - Empower lvl 3 - Item Rarity?

Lastly, I noticed people were curious in your thread about how a map's iir/iiq roll corresponds to your character's iir/iiq (c ratio, or coefficient). So here's a spreadsheet you can use to calculate that. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gCdqs_eNQNz1bIccfzHhxRl4JKQ_C1PbrsC5lJBwU7c/ Make sure to click File -> Make Copy so you can have an editable version for yourself.
"
**My question is with my 5L set up, would you recommend...

Depends what you want. IIR, AoE, or damage.

AoE: CA - iAoE - Conc Effect - Rapid Decay - Void Manipulation
Damage: CA - Conc Effect - Rapid Decay - Void Manipulation - Empower
IIR: CA - Conc Effect - Void Manipulation - IIR and either AoE/Empower, depending on your preference for damage or cloud radius.

Slower Proj is now just straight up too weak to include in this build. Some people look at my stats page and go "whaaaaaaa" -- but I just don't have a 20/20 VM in Standard atm.

As for the coefficient spreadsheet, thanks for your work. I had my own version up for a while but some discussion led me to believe I may be doing it wrong.

If you're alright with it, I'll put yours up in my "Tools" section. Let me know.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jan 19, 2016, 6:46:30 PM
Ah okay, great thanks for your response Serleth.

I can fool around with those combos and maybe update you guys later. I've found Rigwald's Quills really helps with AoE over my Drillneck setup but I also needed to add a damage jewel, so I prefer it over Drillneck now. Of course, Drillneck also has life & evasion, and you'd need a high rolled Rigwald's Quills which may not be super affordable for some people.

As for the spreadsheet, yeah if you'd like to link it go for it. I just used the generally agreed-upon formulas to calculate the co-efficient and tried to keep it simple so people could see how the formulas worked. That's kind of surprising people thought you were doing it wrong if you were following the formula anyways.

Thanks for your work as well!
I forget the exact details but it had something to do with how I was calculating the map effective iiq/iir coefficient.

I tested Quills out and I found the AoE increase was just awkward. Because you actually have to fire directly at an enemy to get the benefit.

Ascendency will fix that problem anyway with the Deadeye class, +1 additional arrow.

And thanks, I'll post your sheet now.
Nice build. What tier maps do you think its the most efficient and how do you roll them? Atm I'm running t5+ for armour with t1 res rolls.
Just to update my set up from a few threads up -> I experimented with all of those combinations of Gem linking and decided to switch back to Drillneck and use one of the new talismans.

I lose some rarity but it turns out I get a HUGE dmg increase from the amulet & pierce chance and the amulet & quiver also make up for the life & evasion nodes I needed with the Rigwald's Quills -. But essentially if I want to MF I can keep 37iiq/193iir with CA Empower Rapid Decay Void Manip & IR and do a ridiculous amount of damage with the new Talisman, and do even more when I replace IR with Conc. Of course the attack speed and projectile speed that is lost from Quills just makes Drillneck in fact better after all :D Good times
Last edited by PDritty on Jan 19, 2016, 11:56:44 PM
"
DayOldHateXS wrote:
Nice build. What tier maps do you think its the most efficient and how do you roll them? Atm I'm running t5+ for armour with t1 res rolls.

There's a wide variety of styles for rolling maps for MF.

I personally just go blue up to 74, and alc 75+, chisel/alc 78+. My style is more about just pulling in currency as fast as possible rather than worrying about getting good drops, but if you're interested in selling your high level maps and drops, then you should be running 77+ as much as possible.

I just keep high level maps for when I want to level, or level a new character. And I keep the low maps on farm to build alcs and chisels to roll the high maps.

But, if you want to be absolutely 100% efficient with your time, 78 (T11) maps are your baby. You get t2 offense rolls, T12 and T13 maps to sell, and it's right about where you want to be where mobs aren't taking too long to die so you still get your return on investment in terms of roll cost and clear speed.

As long as you're selling your T12+ maps.

If not, if you plan on keeping your high roll maps like I do for other characters, then just casually run whatever map and slowly build your pool as you see fit.
Hmm... keeping the above post in consideration (where caliark found that, in testing multiple combinations, drillneck is still superior to rigwald's quills), do you think the 'adds an additional arrow' corrupted implicit mod on a rigwald's would put it up there with drillneck again?
"
Hmm... keeping the above post in consideration (where caliark found that, in testing multiple combinations, drillneck is still superior to rigwald's quills), do you think the 'adds an additional arrow' corrupted implicit mod on a rigwald's would put it up there with drillneck again?

Compared to an additional arrow Drillneck? No, at that point Drillneck is a CLEAR winner.

Compared to a regular Drillneck? I won't bore you with the math on it, but the short answer is "yes" because you'd be able to drop the AoE gem for the multiplicative boost of Slower Projectiles.

Just keep in mind that as long as the Deadeye class retains its Additional Arrow node, this will no longer be true as of Ascendency, as you will be able to get the +arrow without requiring a corrupted Drillneck.
Serleth, here's another spreadsheet that I happened to find out there on Reddit that took a bit of searching when I was first looking for something like it. I made a copy of it at the link below. The original creator is /u/chibimaou on reddit.

It's an Experience chart that shows EXP efficiency according to your character level and map levels of zones. I found it to be easier than using the little calculators you can find on google. It's updated for 2.0 endgame experience changes.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nCXhIDzOLCu3cwzTgu0BcNC5itsWTI6Tu74RG9wxIpg

I personally have similar mapping habits as my friend Zizaran (PoE streamer & early league ladder pusher) where I'll aim for fast clear speed in between 30-60% exp efficiency, which you can find with the chart above. At least, that's also if you're trying to build a map pool and makes more sense early on in the league. If maps are cheap just run 100% as long as clear is fast enough. Then to save money & get the most out of your map pool while maintaining it, past 90 you can adhere to 30-60% exp efficiency.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info