[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

From what I can see, there's no good use for it for this build.

Even if you wanted to "save" points to get Phase Acro... you'd probably want the extra regular dodge anyway.

The sort of builds that get Phase Acro are Uber builds and HC builds, or if you're REALLY making a push for level 92+. Otherwise it's pointless to get for SC, and even then the only boss that comes to mind where it makes a noticeable difference is Crematorium. Might help for Ambrius, too, but that's about it.

That's my opinion on Phase, anyway.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Thanks Serleth for the Atziri tips, I'll try to improve myself if I got the courage to purchase more Midnights.

For those who have problems with int, there is a simple tip: Do not level Vulnerability and Wither more than level 10. Vulnerability bonus to DOT does not change with level and neither does Wither bonus to DOT. The only advantage of leveling Vulnerability is the duration (you can gain 2s, but in 2s almost every pack is dead anyway). Leveling Wither is a bit better because it increases AOE of Wither and reduce the MS of mobs even more. But there is really no point leveling them to max level. You can easily save 30 int with this advice.
My stream: https://www.twitch.tv/m_bison__
"
wichtounet wrote:
But there is really no point leveling them to max level. You can easily save 30 int with this advice.

Good call on Vulnerability.

But quality on Wither gives it increased duration, possibly allowing you to build more wither stacks; so level Wither if you can afford to do so (you'd get q20 Wither by leveling it to 20 and using the recipe).
Last edited by hankinsohl on Jan 11, 2016, 6:36:48 AM
"
hankinsohl wrote:
"
wichtounet wrote:
But there is really no point leveling them to max level. You can easily save 30 int with this advice.

Good call on Vulnerability.

But quality on Wither gives it increased duration, possibly allowing you to build more wither stacks; so level Wither if you can afford to do so (you'd get q20 Wither by leveling it to 20 and using the recipe).

For the occasions when you need to use Wither on mobs, you won't really need the extra stacks (with few exceptions, namely Union of Souls).

Further, Wither + Vaal Lightning Trap trivializes the duration.

The maximum level of int you *need* for this build is 111 (Conc, AoE). Anything above that is just gravy.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Serleth wrote:

The maximum level of int you *need* for this build is 111 (Conc, AoE). Anything above that is just gravy.

Agreed.

But if you have the excess int necessary to level Wither, why not?
=====
You'd benefit from Wither quality only in cases where the boss (or some really tough rares, I suppose), does not die within 2 seconds (or a bit more if you're using Increased Duration). Then the increased Wither duration may or may not help out depending on how the math goes. It would depend on how fast your spell totem is actually casting Wither (0.25 second base cast time but spells cast by totems have 30% less cast speed and then Faster Casting comes into the mix) and whether you are using Increased Duration as well. I haven't run the numbers... might be interesting to see how it pans out.

Anyhow, if the numbers align, and you do get an extra stack, that's 7% more damage.

And of course there's the possibility that whatever DPS the boss is putting out destroys your spell totem in under 2 seconds in which case the increased duration is all for naught unless you can get a replacement up in time.

Edit:
Frenzy charges likely come into play too, as they'll increase your (and your spell totem's, I believe), cast speed.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Jan 11, 2016, 7:46:12 AM
If only the quality on Wither has a positive, why don't you simply use a q20 level 1 (or low level) Wither ? They are cheap as hell.
My stream: https://www.twitch.tv/m_bison__
"
wichtounet wrote:
If only the quality on Wither has a positive, why don't you simply use a q20 level 1 (or low level) Wither ? They are cheap as hell.

I didn't check poe for prices on Wither - good news that they're cheap. And yes, this means that you wouldn't need to level your Wither to 20 just to get the quality.

I'd still level Wither up to level 12 though as levels do provide increased AOE and reduced mob speed as you pointed out in your post above.

Good catch on the low q20 Wither cost.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Jan 11, 2016, 8:58:50 AM
"
Gryphyn wrote:

Crafted this day 2 of the new league. Gonna scour and 6-link in time.

Well, scoured it last night.

60-70 fusing and 260ish blacksmith stones BAM got the 6 link woohoo. Stupid lucky since I think it took me 150 to 5-link in the league start. Quality helps I guess.

Started the crafting process again. I'm about 600 alts and 5-6 regals in and I hit this point:

Wondering if you guys would scour and start over for better suffix mods before master crafting? Or just say fuckit and craft as is? I already have a bad +3 6L bow to use so it not a huge rush.
Last edited by Gryphyn on Jan 11, 2016, 11:15:01 AM
Can someone give me tips, i feel my char too weak.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/BepBep/characters
"
BepBep wrote:
Can someone give me tips, i feel my char too weak.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/BepBep/characters

Well... things will pick up quite a bit as your gear and gems progress. A lot more than you might think.

I noticed that you don't seem to be concentrating on magic find at the moment - which is fine (but note, that by focusing on magic find first, you'll probably be able to improve your gear faster than if you went for DPS fist).

That said, one "trick" I've played in the past is to use the Hidden Potential jewel with a bunch of blues (I ran 8 blues at one point, LOL). You can get pretty good DPS this way on starting-level gear - but again, keep in mind, that you'll probably progress faster by equipping magic find gear as soon as you're able.

tl/dr; don't worry too much about clear speed/dps at first. Just focus on magic find initially. That way you can buy even more magic find, and it will snowball - to the point that you'll be able to purchase the nice DPS gear you want.

Edit: Oh, be sure to keep frenzy charges up at all times. Frenzy is a huge boost to DPS. And for bosses, you'll want to eventually get a Wither totem going - looks like you're working on this though.

I usually purchase and Andvarius, then a Goldwyrm and get a lot of rarity on my gloves/helm. Then I'd get a drillneck and another Andvarius. Finally I'd save up for a 6-link +3.

The one time I did run 8 rares along with Hidden Potential I found myself far, far, far behind in terms of gear than just about everyone else. Lesson learned - focus on MF first.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Jan 11, 2016, 12:41:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info