[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

@Kingdestiny re: Hypothermia + PA

Confirmed, ground effects (PA cloud counts as a ground effect) cannot be scaled by Hypothermia

Proof from PT's Q&A with Rory:

Spoiler

@ Aelm:

Thanks for your feedback re LT+FT levelling.

TBH, that's how I level pretty much all of my caster builds.

I don't think I'll have enough time to be able to check to see how it works with ranger, but the issue I had with trying to do it with this build is that there's no efficient way to scale the damage of both spells without investing fairly significantly in a respec later on.

So the questions I have for you:

How far have you progressed with it so far?
How do you find the clear speed even without investing in anything caster-related?
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 8, 2015, 3:40:51 AM
"
aelm wrote:

Now why i think this is the best way to lvl. With EK you need to constantly look for a better weapon and rustic sashes to make it better and better. With Firetrap+LT you get +1 weapons and you can forget about upgrading them untill starting maps + it is melting both bosses and normal monsters really fast.

Makes it easy, but EK is also fairly good instead of LT and you don't need to invest in that quirky path in the tree.
IGN: WildTortillaFart
Last edited by Chronodroid on Jul 8, 2015, 4:41:57 AM
"
Serleth wrote:

How far have you progressed with it so far?
How do you find the clear speed even without investing in anything caster-related?

Im at piety. Hope to get 38 today.

Clear speed is very good. We dont have any passives to boost dmg here but ppl used to lvl to 65 with searing bond totem (SBT-IBD) in +1fire weapon without spending a single passive. And imo +1 is still so good that passives are irrelevant.

"
Chronodroid wrote:
Makes it easy, but EK is also fairly good instead of LT and you don't need to invest in that quirky path in the tree

Not sure what you mean by quirky path since it is exactly the path you go for early acces to DoT/Chaos Damage.
hi, A new player here.
Was wondering if this build can be made using a WITCH instead of a ranger?
"
xpw4ste wrote:
hi, A new player here.

Hi and welcome to Wraeclast :-)

Yes, it's certainly possible, but a lot less efficient.

Every class has predefined starter-nodes in the passive skill tree. The ones from Witch are spell damage plus cast speed or Mana plus regeneration and energy shield.

What I mean with possible and efficient: Many travelling nodes will be to a minor effect or none at all when you start as a Witch compared to the Start at Ranger or Scion.

Generally if you're new, don't hesitate to try stuff, it makes understanding deeper and persistent. I bet our first characters all went down the river for various reasons, hehe.

Enjoy the stay!
IGN: WildTortillaFart
I am going Hardcore as my sisters kid wants to do that.
I guess I think going up agaisnt the new bosses in act 4 seems scary atm.

However what is fear when wraeclast needs saving?
Lockstep are a great thing it seems GGG finally fixed that.

Great guide btw.
Always enjoy the magic find stuff classes.
Last edited by skjutengris on Jul 8, 2015, 12:31:26 PM
"
Chronodroid wrote:
I bet our first characters all went down the river for various reasons, hehe.

Took my first character a full respec to get properly functional and able to level past 80. :P

"
xpw4ste wrote:

See Chronodroid's answer. Ranger is the most efficient, Scion a close second (1 point less efficient), but Scion's probably the better option for a Hardcore character.
"
Serleth wrote:

See Chronodroid's answer. Ranger is the most efficient, Scion a close second (1 point less efficient), but Scion's probably the better option for a Hardcore character.

Is that the HC tree you posted previously?
any changes?
"
skjutengris wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:

Is that the HC tree you posted previously?
any changes?

There will be changes yes. I hope to have it refined and posted tomorrow afternoon at the latest.
Hi Serleth, in terms of gearing up, would this be a good way to go about it (in terms of priority items). I'm going to try the EK route to 64 then switch over to PA.

First Priorities:
1) 4-Link +2 bow gem to get started (PA,Conc Effect, AOE, Slower Proj)
2) Goldwyrm Boots
3) Aurseize Gloves
2) 5-Link bow (Either +1 all gems or +2 to bow?, which would be better also?) + Empower Gem (Should we corrupt it at level 1 at the chance of getting a level 2 empower off the bat?)

Next Priorities:
5) 4-Link / (5-Link) +3 Bow (is a 4-Link +3 Bow better than a 5-Link +2 Bow? or should I just use the +2 5-Link until I 5-Link the +3?)
6) Drillneck
7) Andvarious Rings

Optional at anytime I see a decent deal in trade chat / poe.trade:
-Relatively cheap Jewels / Rare Rarity Gear for PA that I might see

Any other suggestions / fixes to this? Thank you!

Edit: Also about the EK Route, I'm not sure if others also think it is a good idea but I like to start with a Witch (Can buy EK + Flame totem after Eggs) and run her quickly to Brutus which only takes around 12 minutes in total. In the end you get:
EK, Flame Totem after eggs
Clarity + Added lightning from Quest Reward + Buy additional Added Lightning
Extra Quicksilver for running 2x Quicksilver with Ranger
Quickly checking Wand Vendors for possible X-Y spell damage wands

And then when you roll your ranger, I like doing these two 3 -Links:
1) Flame Totem - Added Lightning - Added Cold
2) EK - Added Lightning - Added Cold

Also Optionally if you rush to A2 Maligaro's Spike (This took me around 25 minutes total), you can replace the added lightnings with faster casting and can also get a conc effect for your poison arrow
IGN = PancakesYum
Last edited by Raventear on Jul 8, 2015, 4:14:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info