[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
Hey Serleth, at the moment I do not have drillneck , what advice to use ? also without drillneck it is useful to change the tree ? thanks and execellent build !

Chronodroid had it covered basically =)

Drillneck isn't required for the build, it's just an added benefit for damage. Until then, you can use any rare quiver that adds life and resistances in order to make res balancing easier while running dual andvarius. Without Drillneck, it's not necessary to get the pierce nodes; you can instead invest those into Scion Projectile damage, or the two 4% proj + jewel node cluster near acrobatics.

EDIT: HC Tree options are up in the OP.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 9, 2015, 3:09:45 PM
"
Serleth wrote:

EDIT: HC Tree options are up in the OP.

Thanks.
Looks good.

Hopefully I survive to get there :)
I played a puncture/split arrow build, last league and i was looking around for new builds. I read all of your guide, really nice 2.0 update, i watched your video. and I have to say. I am a bit worried about your survivability. You were chunking ALOT. .. have any thoughts to share about that. That map was just springs, not sure it could survive in high level maps, and not die alot.
~
Drunken Bladefall Build (Witch) - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1575889
Contact Hours CST
"
Aiyania wrote:
I played a puncture/split arrow build, last league and i was looking around for new builds. I read all of your guide, really nice 2.0 update, i watched your video. and I have to say. I am a bit worried about your survivability. You were chunking ALOT. .. have any thoughts to share about that. That map was just springs, not sure it could survive in high level maps, and not die alot.

Thanks.

I'm a very mechanical-based player, i.e., I rely on my own skill, positioning, smart use of Blink Arrow, and intelligent flask rolls and timing in order to survive. That's why I roll two Seething Hallowed flasks, to pop out of emergency situations. It's a lot easier to play like this with Lockstep.

For me, it's not an issue. I was running 78/79 maps without dying once, full clears.

But it's an easy adjustment if that's not your thing: just invest in Acrobatics earlier and find a way to keep Grace up, and invest a bit more in life nodes. The easiest way to make sure you have the mana reservation available to run Grace is instead of using double Andvarius rings, use one Andvarius and Aurseize so that you don't have to concern yourself as much with resistance balancing and running Purity. Just keep in mind without a well rolled gold ring (perfect 15% implicit, 30%+ explicit roll) you will have a fair bit less IIR.
Really looking forward to test this build tomorrow!

Will you make any major changes to the guide soon? I'm a newb so I will read and soak all the info I can get, I can't really make my own decisions since I don't even know what's good, but I love the concept of this build, and it fits my style of play.
"
tsanummy wrote:
Really looking forward to test this build tomorrow!

Will you make any major changes to the guide soon? I'm a newb so I will read and soak all the info I can get, I can't really make my own decisions since I don't even know what's good, but I love the concept of this build, and it fits my style of play.

No, you can consider the guide good to go for tomorrow.

Any other changes that come will be minor tweaks I discover as I relevel the build fully myself.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 9, 2015, 9:09:21 PM
Serleth - thanks for the guide. I tested around in CB and really like it and looks like a great starter build for the new league. Will definitely start with this build tomorrow in Warbands.

One question about your suggested leveling method. I managed to get through Normal quite effectively with EK/Flametotem/Firetrap. It did struggle with boss fights for dps. Want to try your suggested fireball version but struggled with having enough intelligence to use fireball. How do you suggest handling the stat issues?

Also, any thoughts on using Magma orb instead? felt I was getting better boss dps from magma than fireball early on

Goodluck tomorrow everyone! If they nerf flame totem so that it's not really leveling viable I have really no idea what I am going to do for boss dps :'(
IGN = PancakesYum
Last edited by Raventear on Jul 10, 2015, 12:23:33 AM
"
ughidk wrote:
One question about your suggested leveling method. I managed to get through Normal quite effectively with EK/Flametotem/Firetrap. It did struggle with boss fights for dps. Want to try your suggested fireball version but struggled with having enough intelligence to use fireball. How do you suggest handling the stat issues?

Can confirm you need the better suitability for Fireball vs Firetrap (bosses, unique mobs).

What you need to do is pathing right up north to take all the +str and +int nodes (flametotem needs str, fireball needs int). You basically don't take any notables or keynodes, just the pathing you would use for later. Aelm posted a tree for this:
"
aelm wrote:

- You need to go this way on the skill tree to have sufficient int. (It is the same pathing we have in final PA build)

Then from there you take all the projectile nodes, mana and life on kill as well as pathing south to Duelist to get the frenzy's starting.

[/quote]Also, any thoughts on using Magma orb instead? felt I was getting better boss dps from magma than fireball early on
[/quote]

I wouldn't use Magma orb if they are not buffing it in todays release notes. It's not really chaining like Arc, it's rather bouncing. Single targets are not dealt better with Magma than with Fireball.
IGN: WildTortillaFart
"
ughidk wrote:
Serleth - thanks for the guide. I tested around in CB and really like it and looks like a great starter build for the new league. Will definitely start with this build tomorrow in Warbands.

Also, any thoughts on using Magma orb instead? felt I was getting better boss dps from magma than fireball early on

=D Glad you were able to enjoy it.

From all reports, Magma Orb seems like it's less potent for single target and a bit underpowered atm. I didn't get a chance to test it, but I'll be muling one tomorrow to try it out.

As for requirements, Lapis amulet, Primal Spirit early, and using an extra point for Trickery (ele dmg, crit, +20 int) which will scale Flame Totem and EK (added damage gem and a herald or Anger).

"
Raventear wrote:
Goodluck tomorrow everyone! If they nerf flame totem so that it's not really leveling viable I have really no idea what I am going to do for boss dps :'(

Fireball on its own should provide good single target. Flame totem is just meant to be provide a secondary semi-idle source of dps, and to pick off stragglers while you move on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info