[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

I heard someone say that Poison Arrow gets a nerf in the upcoming patch. He even stated that he read it somewhere.

Does anyone know if this is true ? And should we be worried about this build ?
Nothing has been confirmed as of yet regarding a PA nerf. Whoever said that, was lying/speculating.

We'll know more when the patch notes come early next week (on schedule to be released Tuesday NA, Wednesday NZ).
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Serleth wrote:
Nothing has been confirmed as of yet regarding a PA nerf. Whoever said that, was lying/speculating.

We'll know more when the patch notes come early next week (on schedule to be released Tuesday NA, Wednesday NZ).

That was what I thought thanks for the check.
What are your thoughts on a PA nerf ? What will become of this build if it does ?
Until we see the patch notes /shrug

Historically they don't reactively nerf-hammer builds that have only been meta for one challenge league, as is the case with PA. They usually give at least two challenge leagues before nerfing them. (Flameblast, for example).

And take a look at how long SRS and Incinerate have been meta. Incinerate's only just getting a nerf (confirmed) with this patch.

Wouldn't expect anything more than a reversal of the 10% base damage increase it got mid-Beta. Should be fine.

But like I said, we'll see come Tuesday. I'll throw something together real quick if I have to.
We'll get the tree on Sun / Mon, then the patchnotes Tue / Wed, after that we know for sure.

All the "X gets nerfed" or "Y gets buffed" is kinda just fear / trolling, except for maybe Incinerate, Chris explitely stated something in line of "should get adjusted". What you always can do is research some alternatives as I do. 'Cause you never know :)
IGN: WildTortillaFart
Yeah, his exact words about Incinerate was that it had a "silly power level." You could pretty much steamroll content in a 3L +2 Fire Sceptre.

PA's not like that. That's one of the central reasons I don't think it's going to get heavily adjusted. It's good in a +2 bow, but it's not really GREAT until 21/20 in a +3 with Drillneck. Requires a significant amount more investment than 2.0's Incinerate, SRS, Fakener builds, etc.
Hi Serleth

1. Could You show your actual tree.
2. How you get empower +4? Buy or collect DC.
"
Slimak1980 wrote:
Hi Serleth

1. Could You show your actual tree.
2. How you get empower +4? Buy or collect DC.

My tree is only about 6 levels higher than the tree in the guide. Nothing really all that different.

Don't know what you mean by "collect DC."

But I made my own, in this case, by leveling a bunch of Empowers and corrupting. Preference on whether you do that or buy one is up to you.
DC - Divination card(The Dragon's Heart) Empower +4
You lvl Empower till lvl=3 and use vaal orb or lvl=1/2 and vaal?
How many time try made empower 4

Could You explain more detail.
You have some tips for made +4 empower?
Last edited by Slimak1980 on Dec 6, 2015, 4:33:17 PM
I've never found the card.

Other than cards, the only way to make an Empower 4 is to level it to 3, then corrupt it. If you corrupt it at level 1 or 2, the max level you'll be able to get is 3.

It's the same as for getting a level 21 PA gem.

For leveling Empower, get a Haku weapon (+% quality to gems in the item) and put it in your secondary slots. GCP the empower to 20% and level it clean in the weapon. You can get an additional 6% on the weapon which adds 30% experienced gained by the gem, leveling it faster.
Last edited by Serleth on Dec 6, 2015, 7:40:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info