[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
xenochaos1 wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
well you kinda need a lot more resist from gearthan a FT build...
which is why sadima and perandus belt become a bit unavailable on your build... you need those resist from belt+glove

For solo play, you need the resists just as much for either setup.

not really since a FT build can get lots more resist from the tree
also flame totem can tank more while u sit back and never get hit
Also decoy totem does wonder to save your ass. It fits perfectly in a PA build.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Sure does, Decoy totem is awesome value for the single gem slot used.
"
Appren wrote:

Linking it with increased area/spell echo/wharever other support makes any sense?

Edit: I'm trying to make my utilities better, but so far Mirror arrow leads in "Decoys" category.
Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on Sep 27, 2015, 7:33:50 AM
Hey, what do you think is better to use as a 6th socket? IIR or IIQ gem?
"
skuadak wrote:
"
Appren wrote:

Linking it with increased area/spell echo/wharever other support makes any sense?

Edit: I'm trying to make my utilities better, but so far Mirror arrow leads in "Decoys" category.

You could certainly link it to something if you wish, increased area, totem and minion elemental resistance, inc duration or whatever. I personally choose not to; totems die before duration runs out, usually, and (IMO) don't really need the extra AE, and the resists do little. You could link to faster casting for quicker re-deployment of dead totems, or maybe empower or enhance. Right now, I just use extra gem slots to level other stuff.
@Dartagnan_cz

Depends on your gear. Typically it will be IIQ.

C = (1 + IIQ/100) * (1 + IIR/100)

Whatever results in the higher C value, use that.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Sep 27, 2015, 8:09:45 AM
"
Dartagnan_cz wrote:

IIQ, IMO. More currency is always good. So far I've chosen to run both IIQ and IIR, and skip concentrated effect. (Yes, quite a big damage loss, but for the content I do (usually 74-77 maps) this rarely matters. I tried playing without increased area of effect intead, but that was just painful.

"
Appren wrote:
"
Dartagnan_cz wrote:

IIQ, IMO. More currency is always good. So far I've chosen to run both IIQ and IIR, and skip concentrated effect. (Yes, quite a big damage loss, but for the content I do (usually 74-77 maps) this rarely matters. I tried playing without increased area of effect intead, but that was just painful.

Ok tried to roll 2R2B2G on my bow and after 900 chromatics with no luck im running without IIQ.
Would this be an easy build to go for the 1 month league to complete all the challenges? Or should I go something else and wait till the next 3 month league to try this out.
Depends entirely on how much time you have available to play. In order to fully gear this character with everything other than carcass jack, it takes about 68-75 hours of actual playtime to do (so, Drillneck, two Andvarius rings, Goldwyrm, +3 5L bow).

So if you can put in say 5-8 hour days, then yeah it's fine to roll it. But if you can only put in say 2 hour days, it'd take the entire month to gear.

Also depends on how significantly you want it built. Because you can do fine with even one Andvarius, Goldwyrm, Drillneck, and a 5L +2 bow.

So yeah. Just ask yourself how geared up you want it built, and how much time you have available to play, and go from there.

Without the second Andvarius ring and if you're willing to go with a +2 bow, probably takes roughly... 40-50 hours to gear? Ish?

The bare bones of the build (not really concerning yourself that much with MF), yeah, it's totally fine to roll. All you need to do really to get started is buy a white 5L bow, spend about 80 alterations to roll +2, and then you're set as far as the core DPS of the build goes. Everything else is just gravy.

Long story short it depends entirely on what you want out of it. As far as clearing maps effectively goes, with or without MF, yeah PA's super easy to gear, only costs about 10c. It's all the improvements that end up being expensive.

Hope that helps.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Sep 28, 2015, 1:03:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info