[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

So i used like 150 alterations / augmentations on my ilvl 67 5 link bow and still now +2 to bows. I had only 1 time +1 to all gems. Seems like its a really rare stat :/
Last edited by Koksii on Oct 3, 2015, 3:18:37 PM
@Rogerdidit

Much better. Although you really should just drop burning arrow and go full bore for PA. BA scales off of physical damage and that bow barely has any.

Second, since you will not be using BA in the 5L, you should put your Frenzy gem there and link it with GMP - Curse On Hit - Chain - Vulnerability.

In case you were looking at the stat sheet btw for the Poison Arrow damage (I'm thinking maybe that's why you stuck with BA?) -- don't. Hover over the icon on your hotkey bar and look for the "xx,abc chaos damage per second." You'll find that the dps beats out anything you could do with BA.

Otherwise, you're looking good. Keep plugging away at it.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
But if we cant afford a 6l bow, and cabnit use iir gen in a 5l, we lose 60% iir.... ?
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
Clear speed is like adding effective IIR. If you're shaving two minutes off each map, that's like getting 3 extra maps per hour. That's 3 extra maps worth of bosses, possible exiles, strongboxes, 6S drops, other raw currency drops, etc.
After the merge in standard, this build has really taken off more me. Grabbed a 6link +3 bow, had a nice 6link ev chest, and slowly getting my iir up and going. Only lvl 68 right now, sitting at 10.5k cloud.
Ty for the build!
Hey so I've been playing in the 1MSC league and I have a lvl 71 ranger with 21 hours played. I have a 5L +2 bow but I'm only using 4 sockets atm cause don't want to waste chroms trying to get 3B. From gear I have 77% MF + 53% from rarity gem, 0% quantity. I have pretty crap gear tbh, I consider my ammy good tho:
(for now).

I've done a couple tier 1 and 2 maps but I find them a bit slow especially the boss fights. I know this will get better once I level up my gems and get Drillneck and +3 bow. (PA lvl17atm)

Here are my questions:

1.) Should I keep farming Dried lake or do tier 1/2 maps?
2.) I haven't really realized much from MF just yet, although I literally just got a Lightning Coil from an Inner Treasure. What should I get from the 1.5ex I can get for it? I have maybe another ex in total so my wealth is around 3ex.
3.) Where do I get enough INT to run maxed rarity gem, vulnerability and the other gems?
4.) This is my passive tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4A7gMeBS0FtQYjCC4PqxUgFr8ZihmOGbQbyB9BI_YkiyaVKk0s6S2DMHw1kjY9PydDMUcGR35JE0rITZJRR1KvWlJh4mKsZU1n_GyMbWxuaW6qdO11y3aCe8N9dYTZieCNfY1-jb-TH5cGm42dqqEiokComrTFtNG18re2u0274702vqfC7MM6xKLIDNDQ037UI9X42L3awdvn3V_jhOZY6mLtg-969Pj2o_66?accountName=_BUKSi_&characterName=WhereIsYourLuckNow
But I have 5 points unspent cause I just have no idea where to go from here. Should I start going for the frenzy nodes or get jewels or maybe Piercing Shots and buy Drillneck? I have no idea :)

Thanks for the answers!
Last edited by _BUKSi_ on Oct 6, 2015, 9:42:31 AM
1) Maps.
2) Personally, the way I do it is Andy > Goldwyrm > +3 bow > Drillneck > Andy.
3) Mana Flows, int heading to corruption, the +10 int node preceding the shadow jewel, and then one item (usually a helmet for me) with int.
4) Frenzy charges.
Last edited by Serleth on Oct 6, 2015, 2:24:19 PM
Hi Serleth,

I have been following your build. This is the gear I have so far on my girl:

My passive tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAF4A7gMeBS0FtQYjD6sVIBa_GYoZjhm0G8gfQSP2JIsmlSpNLOktgzB8NZI2PT7PPydDMUcGR35JE0rITZJN41FHUq9VS1oaWlJh4mKsZU1n_GwIbIxtbG5pbqp07XXLdoJ7w311hMWGs4ngjX2Nfo2_kx-XBptdm7WdqqiatMW00bXyt7a7TbvjvTa95r6nwuzDM8M6xKLIDMu90NDTftQj1fjYvdrB2-fdX-OE5ljmgepi7YPvevGK8kXyl_aj_gr-j_66

Could you have a look and let me know what piece of gear I should change out?

Everything is self-found except the bow and quiver. My movement speed is quite slow right now due to the Glove and Body Armor.

Thanks
Last edited by TheHeadsmasher on Oct 6, 2015, 5:36:46 PM
Too slow, actually. Your clear speed as a result of that slow movement speed is going to be severely hampered. Which pretty much means you're farming at 70-80%% of the pace I would. Over time, that hurts.

So, imho I'd drop the chest for a rare chest. More movement speed, more life.

Then after that you need to decide if you want to go full tilt MF or a good balance of survivability vs MF.

If you want the balance, just check the gear spoiler. That's almost as ideal as you get for a balanced setup and gets you roughly 20/320 and 5k life at level 94.

If you want to go full tilt MF, you have enough right now where I'd say go for the +3 bow and Drillneck, then get the last Andvarius.
Hey!
First of all the guide works perfectly, but i stopped a little bit in the new league, i cant really decide how to progress in gear. I have 50~ chaos atm and a sire of shards at lvl77, already have a +2 5l bow, but i dont know, should i buy a lvl2 empower, or a drillneck/andvarius?

Edit: i bought a lvl2 corrupted empower, now i should get drillneck right?
Last edited by Waterhorse on Oct 7, 2015, 9:35:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info