[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
Twelvepack wrote:
Everybody runs out of mana with this build. Its not just you its just the nature of the build. Gotta learn to fire a poison arrow into a group and then use frenzy or vice versa and let the dot do its work. If your like me i find myself firing repeatadly even after the poison is on the ground because i instinctly feel i have to do something even when the mobs are dying.

I don't use Bloodrage and just use Curse on Hit + Frenzy + GMP + Faster Attacks for Frenzy stacking

I also play Tempest HC though and it feels safer than having Bloodrage degen my life
Hey just wanted to say thanks for making this, I'm having a blast with it.
Hi Serleth
i'm one of your follower, and i'm addict of your build
Right now i m farming map again and again, and when i drop a legendary map i run it.
I easy pass all the legendary map i loot for the moment except one
The hall of grandmasters: this one kill me 6 time on the last wave of the first part, juste because of one mob. A mob with an energishield who ignore chaos damage. So my question is, for this kind of add, wich spell would you use? i think a huge mono damage?
"
Beagup wrote:
Hi Serleth
i'm one of your follower, and i'm addict of your build
Right now i m farming map again and again, and when i drop a legendary map i run it.
I easy pass all the legendary map i loot for the moment except one
The hall of grandmasters: this one kill me 6 time on the last wave of the first part, juste because of one mob. A mob with an energishield who ignore chaos damage. So my question is, for this kind of add, wich spell would you use? i think a huge mono damage?

I have two grandmaster maps myself that I'm actually preparing to test this out out.

What I'm going to do throw Explosive Arrow + Conc Effect + Faster Attacks + Fire Penetration + Empower into my chest.

Ideally what I'd actually have just for the grandmaster map is a second +3 bow on swap with EA there for the CI characters.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Hi mates, Im pretty much enjoying this my first MF build, i always loved PA back in nonsteam beta, and now when i returned to game i like that it has lategame potential

I use this gear

atm i have 6K cloud dps (7k with 6 frenzy charges), 5.2K life, 5-6K eva with grace, 68 cold res (others capped exept chaos ofc), IIQ 14+34 gem, IIR 156+57 gem

id like to go drillneck (dunno how much dps boost it will add), but then I will lost stats and cant use int gems rarity and conc effect:( ..what would you advice on this?

also so far I got lucky today (at last) and dropped

what would u advice on rare helm?..guy on chat told me it can be easily 50ex now but theres possibility to go yolo exalt and hope for some life mod for example..also would it be worth saving months of currency to get eternals and do imprints and craft life and flat armor? what would u do?

...also...can I score +2 bow gem lvl and +1gem lvl with alts only?

edit: i have no manaproblems whatsoever..how come others do?
Last edited by Daemonion on Aug 24, 2015, 8:07:10 PM
Hi guys,
Instead of completing the Scion wheel for the HC passive, would it be better to take "Shaper" instead?
"
JamesGamer wrote:
Hi guys,
Instead of completing the Scion wheel for the HC passive, would it be better to take "Shaper" instead?

No.

Not worth the extra point investment just to get a bit of regen.

@Daemonion: can't help you with the helmet. I don't know enough about the crafting market.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Cloud
Spoiler

This is another episode about Fog, my poison arrow Scion, in which we meet "Cloud," Fog's bow. Skip if not interested.
============

"Ahem!," said a voice out of nowhere.

This so startled Fog that she nearly dropped her bow.

"Who... who's there?," came Fog's cautious response.

"It's me, silly! Your bow. My name is 'Cloud' and I demand to speak with you."

This came as a shock to Fog. Her bow could speak!

============
Actually, all bows can speak. It's just that they most often choose not to.
============

Cloud continued, "As it stands, your poison damage is pathetic. We must address this immediately as it reflects poorly on me. Goodness knows what the other bows think. They're probably laughing at me as we speak; it's simply intolerable."

"Um, I... I mean 'we'... should strive for the highest damage possible. What's wrong with my gear?"

"It's that horrible quiver you've equipped!," snapped Cloud. "Only an idiot would wear such a thing."
Spoiler

Bows are not known for their manners; but even among bows, Cloud was renowned for his ill temper and insulting language.

"We must immediately replace your quiver for one befitting my station."

Cloud was also a bit of an egomaniac.

"Well, um, 'Cloud,'" replied Fog, "we can search among the vendors in the bazaar for a suitable replacement. Only we cannot spend much gold; I'm saving for a mighty chest piece rumored to have been used by the great Havoc himself."

And so Fog and Cloud left their apartments to see what the vendors in Sarn's central marketplace had on offer.
======
"This! This one!," exclaimed Cloud in an excited voice. "We must purchase this one!"
Spoiler

"But Cloud... it's purple! Such an ugly color. And besides, it's way too expensive."

The vendor wanted five exalted orbs for the quiver; an enormous price, but not entirely out-of-line for such fine workmanship. The purple quiver was one of the finest in the land and would considerably boost Fog's poison damage.

Since the purple quiver was too expensive, Fog and Cloud, continued to browse the market but, try as they might, they could not find another quiver which met with Cloud's approval.

"Well, I'm sorry Cloud," said Fog some hours later. "We'll just have to make due with the quiver I now own."

And with that, they went back to their apartments.
=======
Later that night, Cloud awoke to the sound of a shrill scream.

"No!," cried Fog. "No! No! No!. We've been robbed!"

Sure enough, Fog's treasure coffer was empty. All the gold she had been saving was gone.

"Quick Cloud. Come with me into the streets. Perhaps the thieves are still about. An arrow or two will stop them."

And so Fog took Cloud down from the peg where he hung and began to dress for battle. Once ready, Fog opened the chest where she kept her quiver.
Spoiler

Shortly afterwards, another scream let loose from Fog's apartments.

"C L O U D ! ! ! !"
========
And so it was that Cloud obtained a quiver befitting his station.

Spoiler

I hope those of you who are reading enjoyed this latest episode.

As usual, the story is based on actual game play, this one from several weeks ago. Those Drillneck quivers sure are nice... but so expensive! Nevertheless, I'm glad my bow made that purchase for me! ;-)

Last edited by hankinsohl on Aug 24, 2015, 11:58:35 PM
Hey daemonion if u want a hand i think i can craft ur bow to +3 total cost is 2ex, 1 for the cannot roll attack mods and one ex to exalt the +1 if im wrong then def would be doable in 3ex hit my up in game if you want to do it, ign is xuau,
Do DoT, chaos and other damage % bonuses stack additively together?

I'm wondering whether the Corruption wheel is worth the 6 point investment (actually 7, since that jewel is probably not worth 3 points)? It gives 55% damage, which doesn't seem like a great rate. Or is that just a case of nothing else reachable with those points is not worth more?

Anyways, thanks for the guide. I'm currently at lvl 74 and I finally cooked myself a +2 5L bow (1C for the base :O) and bought a Carcass Jack, bumping my PA damage to almost 5k, finishing the transition from PA/LA hybrid to a full PA (dropping the phys damage wheels).

What I don't like is that I now have basically no MS from the tree, leaving me with only 30% from boots. Movement feels so slow now, and it will be worse if I switch to Goldwyrms :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info