[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

Hey guys. First of all, thanks to Serleth for making the build! I'm really enjoying it.

I am surely not re-inventing the wheel here, but tweaked it a bit to be able to play it in parties, too.
As you know Poison Arrow (the cloud part) does not work with Culling Strike, so what I did is this.

5L Main skill: Poison Arrow - Concentrated Effect - Increased AoE - Slower Projectiles - Empower
5L Culling skill: Frenzy - Chain - GMP - Culling Strike - Item Rarity

This way I just have to shoot 1-2 Poison Arrows in the crowd and then I can cull anyone for the additional Rarity. Also using Divination Distillate for magic packs and up. Works very well even in high damage AoE parties.

IIQ / IIR - 22/285 (40/340 with Divination Distillate)

Gear at the moment in Warbands:
Spoiler

Let me know if you have any suggestions :) Thanks!

Last edited by moonlightthief on Aug 25, 2015, 8:33:47 AM
Just leveled some gems last night in a tainted paradise zana map. I finally have over 10k cloud DPS fully buffed. I feel like this is a milestone for the build.

Woot! :)
edit: nm
Last edited by Rocksteadee on Aug 25, 2015, 10:32:22 AM
Is there a way to see at what point you are at in completing each of the challenges of the challenge league? As in what Divination sets you have redeemed and what are left, what warband leaders you have left to dispatch, etc?

I would like to at least get a couple in, hehe.

Edit: Also, is there a specific global channel dedicated to helping with the challenges? (ie. someone posts in global ### when they have a map boss or warband leader or something they wish to share)
Last edited by Shinare on Aug 25, 2015, 12:01:19 PM
Hi from HC league!
Trying to lvling on this build and have a several questions:
-Why you took Passives for Piercing and projectile Damage if you use Chaos Damage? Is it upgrade buy projectila damage?
English is not my language.
"
CommanderZ wrote:
Do DoT, chaos and other damage % bonuses stack additively together?

I'm wondering whether the Corruption wheel is worth the 6 point investment (actually 7, since that jewel is probably not worth 3 points)? It gives 55% damage, which doesn't seem like a great rate. Or is that just a case of nothing else reachable with those points is not worth more?

Anyways, thanks for the guide. I'm currently at lvl 74 and I finally cooked myself a +2 5L bow (1C for the base :O) and bought a Carcass Jack, bumping my PA damage to almost 5k, finishing the transition from PA/LA hybrid to a full PA (dropping the phys damage wheels).

What I don't like is that I now have basically no MS from the tree, leaving me with only 30% from boots. Movement feels so slow now, and it will be worse if I switch to Goldwyrms :(

Corruption is grabbed mostly for the intelligence nodes to be honest, to make gearing easier. I've tried to keep the guide as newb-friendly as possible.

And yes, all damage sources add together.

So if you have 20% increased projectile damage and 20% increased chaos damage, your net increased damage is 40%. They apply simultaneously.

@moonlightthief

Only thing is your Ventor's roll isn't good enough to be better than running a high roll Andvarius (15/68+). There's a link in the FAQ regarding the values required to be better than a high-rolled Andvarius, but the short version is you need at least a 7/40 or 8/39 Ventor's in order to beat out a perfect Andvarius roll.

It's not a huge deal since you're running the flask for culling, as far as the MF standpoint goes, and I also understand that there's a nice advantage in terms of resistance balancing and having extra life since the rest of the rolls on that Ventors are actually quite good but I just wanted you to be aware that strictly from an MF standpoint, it's an inefficient iiq/iir roll.

"
Shinare wrote:
Is there a way to see at what point you are at in completing each of the challenges of the challenge league? As in what Divination sets you have redeemed and what are left, what warband leaders you have left to dispatch, etc?

Press "H," then go to the Challenges tab.

"
soulk3peer wrote:
Why you took Passives for Piercing and projectile Damage if you use Chaos Damage? Is it upgrade buy projectila damage?

The modifiers that affect the Cloud damage for Poison Arrow are: Projectile Damage, Chaos Damage, Area Damage, Damage Over Time, global Damage.

Since Drillneck converts pierce chance to Projectile damage, it increases the damage of the cloud, which is why we use Drillneck.

As a note: you cannot get more than 100% pierce chance.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Aug 25, 2015, 1:36:48 PM
"
As you know Poison Arrow (the cloud part) does not work with Culling Strike, so what I did is this.

Also, this is not true. Serleth himself uses IIR on his 6L bow and since his physical damage is quite low, i doubt he would not use anything else instead of IIR if the gem didn't work with the cloud.

@Serleth I'd suggest you to edit the main post and put it there somewhere in bold/big letters.
Well the damage modifers from culling strike work but degens cant cull same for righteous fire etc.

Giving these away to the first person to msg me ingame at IGN: TownesVanZandt

Brotatoes for everyone!

CALIMED!!!!
Last edited by thelibertarian on Aug 26, 2015, 3:03:52 AM
"
diegocfq wrote:
"

Also, this is not true. Serleth himself uses IIR on his 6L bow and since his physical damage is quite low, i doubt he would not use anything else instead of IIR if the gem didn't work with the cloud.

@Serleth I'd suggest you to edit the main post and put it there somewhere in bold/big letters.

Read it again please. I did not say IIR does not work. I said Culling Strike does not. As per wiki: Degeneration and damage per second effects do not hit the enemy. Culling Strike will not cause enemies who drop below 10% life as a result of degeneration to be killed instantly. The enemy must be hit to cause the effect.

The problem with having IIR with Poison Arrow is that if you are in a party (does say solo MF'er in the build description, but I said it in my post, I tweaked it for party play) mobs usually die from other effects then the cloud itself. This is why I put Culling Strike and IIR to Frenzy - Chain - GMP.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info