[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
hankinsohl wrote:
Fog's Lesson
Spoiler

This is another episode featuring Fog, my Poison Arrow Scion, and her friend Tora, the Master Bowyer. Skip if not interested.
===========
Fog's friendship with Tora began soon after Fog arrived in Wraeclast. Initially, Fog was a hopeless bowman; she could hit only the largest of targets, and her arrows were easily blocked by thick hide or sturdy shield. Sensing that Fog's aim would never improve, it was Tora who suggested that Fog coat her arrows with a green, poisonous substance.

Following Tora's instructions, Fog steadily improved as a bowman; since it wasn't necessary to hit her targets when firing poison arrows, Fog's wayward shots nevertheless proved lethal, enveloping her enemies in thick green clouds of death.

But as of late, something was wrong. Fog's poison - previously quite powerful - was proving much less effective. "Perhaps," thought Fog, "Wraeclast's denizens were developing resistance to poison." This realization troubled Fog so much, that she decided to seek out Tora once more for guidance.
====
"Over here Exile!," exclaimed Tora by way of greating.

Fog did not like being called "Exile," but, so as not to upset the Master Bowyer, she hid her annoyance.

"Tora, you must help me!," began Fog. "My poison is much weakened lately. I fear that Wraeclast's inhabitants are becoming immune!"

It was all that Fog could do to hold back tears of frustration.

"There, there," said Tora in a soothing voice. "I'm certain it's not the poison which is at fault. Let's have a look at your bow."

Fog gave her bow to Tora for examination.

Spoiler

"Aha!," exclaimed Tora. "Here's the problem. This appears to have shaken loose from your bow."
Spoiler

And with a deft hand, the Master Bowyer repaired Fog's bow.

"Let this be a lesson to you Fog. A good bowman maintains her bow in peak condition at all times."
=========
Spoiler

As always I base my tales in actual playing experience; "Fog's Lesson" originated earlier today when I noticed that bosses didn't seem to be dying as fast as they used to. I examined my bow, and, Yup! Level 2 Empower not slotted in; I had borrowed Fog's Empower for use with another toon.

I did not die while missing my Empower gem; but I was certainly slowed somewhat.

So, I guess I'm living evidence that this build is indeed Idiot Proof!
Spoiler

Buddy. I'm seriously loving these episodes.

"
fakeThranduil wrote:
please suggest what i need to upgrade in terms of gear

You're looking mostly fine in general. It's tweaks you need to do. Ie, a belt with tri-ele res (no chaos), similar chest with life (I see you're in Standard, you can remove that mod and add life instead), gold amulet with better life and maintaining the res balance, roughly, probably remove Aurseize for high duo-res gloves (40+), and ofc jewels. Don't forget to mastercraft life onto your helmet, either.

Etc.

"
Valnar01 wrote:
Would this build Core Malachai viable?
Trying to get all of the challenges, and using this build for atleast the money portion of the challenges, but I'm not sure if I could also do the map bosses with this.

It can do Abyss Deathless, Colosseum as well (bit tougher, Daresso's spinning swords fricken' hurt). With capped chaos res it can do the Prodigies in Core no problem (Maligaro is the toughest).

Malachai himself... I'm not sure. I didn't have any luck with it, but I also fucked up two maps due to stupid mistakes. I think it could do it with Grace/PoF but I'm not certain.

The maps are expensive and I'm in Tempest right now, meaning I don't have much currency pooled in Warbands after the Div card challenges, so I can't test it myself.

Maybe check in with Havoc's build and see if he's done it?
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Aug 22, 2015, 2:30:46 AM
"
Serleth wrote:

Buddy. I'm seriously loving these episodes.

Thanks! Glad you're enjoying them :-)
Should i get drillneck if i got only 5 link bow?
or should i keep the currency and get 6link first?
here is my currency gear
Last edited by kanon1 on Aug 22, 2015, 12:22:59 PM
I'm at 95/335 with my iiq and iir gem but I'm having trouble with resists and I don't know what to prioritise more: IIQ or IIR on gear.

gear

Is it worth getting rid of some rarity/quantity for more suvivability?

I have some alternate pieces of gear I could use too:

altgear
(would need more int)
@kanon: Drilneck, then 6L.

@Charleyzard: With that much IIQ, you need more IIR. You need to push to about 400-420 IIR with 95 IIQ.

Survivability's entirely up to you. Make that decision based on what level maps you're running, and what you're capable of running without dying. I consider one death per DIFFICULT map acceptable. If you're running relatively easy maps and still dying, go more survivable. Burning portals is bad.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Hi guys,
Without the drillneck quiver, what are the specs of a "dream" rare quiver?

If you could advise on my gear and passive, it would be much appreciated. My MF toon is Scarlett.

One more question about the game play. Do I need to continuously firing PA or just fire once and wait? I run out of mana constantly when I fire continuously and I am considering increasing my mana.

Thanks
Last edited by TheHeadsmasher on Aug 22, 2015, 3:11:34 PM
Just bought a low goldwyrm, and I think I may have too much IIQ and too little IIR. 38% IIQ and only 100% IIR (155 when culling with totem). I've got 50 chaos and 50-100 chaos worth of other currency to work with. Anything I should change or just keep on truckin and save up for an andvarius? Currently 123/74/111 res so can stand to drop a little there temporarily if needed.

Spoiler
I am about 1.5 exalted in and still can't color these sockets for 3b-2g-1r :(

Is the most efficient way to use Vorici's table for guaranteed 3 blue?
"
Rocksteadee wrote:
Just bought a low goldwyrm, and I think I may have too much IIQ

The current theory insofar as I know about how much loot drops and what the quality of that loot might be is that drops are most likely a function of the product of IIQ and IIR.

Based on this assumption, you want to maximize C where:

C = (1 + IIQ/100) * (1 + IIR/100)

This thread explains the above in more detail: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/725812

Note that the thread above is a bit dated but the thinking behind it seems quite sound; perhaps someone will update it to confirm that optimizing C is still the best approach (it very likely is in my opinion but it's possible that GGG may have adjusted their internal drop rates formula so that some other optimization technique is now more effective).

Calculate C for your current gear and then recalculate C for gear you might use instead and go with whatever gives you the highest "C" value.

Edit:
At very high IIQ/IIR values, there's suspicion that further increases to IIQ/IIR do not increase drop rates. In other words, GGG may have placed a cap or a diminishing return into their internal drop rate calculation. But at your current IIQ/IIR values you need not worry about this.

Edit 2:
Removed incorrect statements regarding map IIQ/IIR. For the purpose of calculating "C" ignore map IIQ/IIR.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Aug 23, 2015, 11:07:42 PM
Wukufyze use http://siveran.github.io/calc.html to find out the best method to get desired sockets. Ive used this site for all my socketing needs and the calculations it comes out with are almost always accurate if not slightly off in my favour. After filling out the requirements for the item it will highlight in green the most cost efficient way to get your desired colors :)
Last edited by Twelvepack on Aug 22, 2015, 7:40:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info