[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
Dele wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:

@Dele: You're pretty much good, man. At this point it's just min-maxing stuff. Ie, getting a +3 bow with an open prefix, replacing your cloth belt with a leather belt, replacing your gloves with better life versions, etc. The sorta-disadvantage of running Carcass is that it's harder to get that res balance going but if you need to, pick up Cloth and Chain (temporarily, until you can get properly rolled jewels) with your next two levels (GL getting 90 my friend) =)

Hey, thanks for the reply

Here is my current build:

I am probably missing some life nodes somewhere, i started going for more jewel slots a bit early instead of the life% slots close to constitution, currently none of my jewels have life% though, they are 2x 10%res with 1 damage affix, poachers aim and one pure damage jewel(chaos and projectile damage)

Also getting to 90 is a bit tough without running blue/white maps only right now(i can mf just fine, i just die sometimes a bit too much to get levels), probably due to my health, thanks for any tips you can offer.

Well when you're pushing levels, drop MF. Just kill it all and go for high life and resistance gear. Don't sweat not having MF for some maps while you push the level.

I would also drop one, if not two, Frenzy charge, the 9% node in Corruption, and sacrifice the Ranger projectile damage nodes as well so that you can invest in more life and complete the acro/phase cluster.

And move that dex node you have sitting doing nothing waiting for the jewel slot for a life node too.

Remember, you can always move those points back afterwards if you really want to deeps-mode it, but for levelling purposes you take out the damage and put them into defense.

Adjusted tree
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Well this just dropped.... thanks Serleth... I blame you!

Not complaining at all but... what happened to 200+ex now these are only 80ex?? WTF lol
"
Shinare wrote:
Well this just dropped.... thanks Serleth... I blame you!

Not complaining at all but... what happened to 200+ex now these are only 80ex?? WTF lol

Whoa.

Gratz.

As for the price of mirrors: no more eternal orbs is the reason for the drop.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Just droppin by to say thanks for sharing the build. Works so well. It's amazing how effective this build is with decent gear. Very inexpensive to start, and I can already do most 74-75 maps pretty easy on a level 73 with just a +2 bow and decent at best gear.
Last edited by mikep4567 on Aug 21, 2015, 8:31:20 PM
Hi,
Does this build benefit from physical damage jewel? What do I look for to boost damage?
I only have +2 5L bow right now. I don't have empower either.

Thanks
Physical doesn't work, so Iron grip that you use doesn't work either.
Go for area, chaos, projectile (not physical projectile), dot or untyped damage.

"
Flute_de_Pan wrote:
Physical doesn't work, so Iron grip that you use doesn't work either....

Uhhh. Not true. Iron Grip is PROJECTILE damage, not physical damage.

My cloud dps with no buff in hideout is:

iron grip = 6124.1
no iron grip =5893.7

Cloud dps with 7 Frenzy + Rally:
iron grip = 8421.4
no iron grip = 7799.9

Not a huge increase, but it helps when all I got is a level 1 empower.
Would this build Core Malachai viable?
Trying to get all of the challenges, and using this build for atleast the money portion of the challenges, but I'm not sure if I could also do the map bosses with this.
Fog's Lesson
Spoiler

This is another episode featuring Fog, my Poison Arrow Scion, and her friend Tora, the Master Bowyer. Skip if not interested.
===========
Fog's friendship with Tora began soon after Fog arrived in Wraeclast. Initially, Fog was a hopeless bowman; she could hit only the largest of targets, and her arrows were easily blocked by thick hide or sturdy shield. Sensing that Fog's aim would never improve, it was Tora who suggested that Fog coat her arrows with a green, poisonous substance.

Following Tora's instructions, Fog steadily improved as a bowman; since it wasn't necessary to hit her targets when firing poison arrows, Fog's wayward shots nevertheless proved lethal, enveloping her enemies in thick green clouds of death.

But as of late, something was wrong. Fog's poison - previously quite powerful - was proving much less effective. "Perhaps," thought Fog, "Wraeclast's denizens were developing resistance to poison." This realization troubled Fog so much, that she decided to seek out Tora once more for guidance.
====
"Over here Exile!," exclaimed Tora by way of greating.

Fog did not like being called "Exile," but, so as not to upset the Master Bowyer, she hid her annoyance.

"Tora, you must help me!," began Fog. "My poison is much weakened lately. I fear that Wraeclast's inhabitants are becoming immune!"

It was all that Fog could do to hold back tears of frustration.

"There, there," said Tora in a soothing voice. "I'm certain it's not the poison which is at fault. Let's have a look at your bow."

Fog gave her bow to Tora for examination.

Spoiler

"Aha!," exclaimed Tora. "Here's the problem. This appears to have shaken loose from your bow."
Spoiler

And with a deft hand, the Master Bowyer repaired Fog's bow.

"Let this be a lesson to you Fog. A good bowman maintains her bow in peak condition at all times."
=========
Spoiler

As always I base my tales in actual playing experience; "Fog's Lesson" originated earlier today when I noticed that bosses didn't seem to be dying as fast as they used to. I examined my bow, and, Yup! Level 2 Empower not slotted in; I had borrowed Fog's Empower for use with another toon.

I did not die while missing my Empower gem; but I was certainly slowed somewhat.

So, I guess I'm living evidence that this build is indeed Idiot Proof!
Last edited by hankinsohl on Aug 22, 2015, 12:57:47 AM
Hi
just respecced a ranger into this

this is my current gear and tree

please suggest what i need to upgrade in terms of gear
im still not capped on res so running purity of elements atm

GEAR
Spoiler

Also if anyone needs cata8 for crafting a +3 bow with the new method i can help :)

Edit: also having trouble keeping life with blood rage up. am i missing a regen node ?
Last edited by fakeThranduil on Aug 22, 2015, 1:57:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info