[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
Serleth wrote:

I like my thread clean and simple so if I need to check on the price of something due to the "scam" pms of the copy/paste poe.trade messages where they change my listed price... I can just verify it immediately without having anything else open either through the b/o tabs if it's in the 1-10c range, or a quick alt-tab to my shop header for individual prices.

This is only the case with Procurement and if you use the standard template, iirc. Acquisition actually cannot make segments / spoilers it just sums up all in one giant thread inside one spoiler. The shop template is none, you could say.

To doublecheck your prices vs those offered, I just alt-tab, insert the name in the search bar and get the result of Acquisition, with my set b/o. It's even easier if it's in a labelled tab (like 10c b/o).

No, I don't want to convince you :-) Just fyi and all the others.

"
Boss_Crab wrote:
Just wanted to point out Darkray Vectors as a possible alternative to Goldwurm, maybe for tough bosses?
+1 charge (more evasion, more damage, more aps)
+16% change to dodge!
+40% movespeed!

Does this seem like a good idea?

Darkrays are nice, but this build dedicates to magic find in templeagues. The comfortable slot for IIQ is Goldwyrms in the templeagues, for standard and standardHC it's a bit different. Yet I'd say it's OK for levelling / saving up to a Goldwyrms, yes, but in the long run you absolutely want IIQ on your boots.
IGN: WildTortillaFart
"
Boss_Crab wrote:
Just wanted to point out Darkray Vectors as a possible alternative to Goldwurm, maybe for tough bosses?
+1 charge (more evasion, more damage, more aps)
+16% change to dodge!
+40% movespeed!

Does this seem like a good idea?

Other than the lack of life (easily manageable), yeah, solid choice. Scales well with the extra evasion per charge node, too.

I'm considering using a pair for levelling myself considering how dangerous things get in high level maps and when you're 93 pushing for 94. Ten percent lost due to a rip is a lot more painful at that point.

Means a bit tighter control of charge duration but it's not at all a problem. Solid option for sure. Those boots are a lot better since 2.0.

"
This is only the case with Procurement and if you use the standard template, iirc. Acquisition actually cannot make segments / spoilers it just sums up all in one giant thread inside one spoiler. The shop template is none, you could say.

To doublecheck your prices vs those offered, I just alt-tab, insert the name in the search bar and get the result of Acquisition, with my set b/o. It's even easier if it's in a labelled tab (like 10c b/o).

No, I don't want to convince you :-) Just fyi and all the others.

Ugh, all one giant tab. Worse. Lol. But I guess if the in-program search functionality is robust and quick enough then that'd work too.

I might check it out for re-working my Standard shop, since I've pulled basically everything off that one while I'm in Warbands.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Serleth wrote:

Ugh, all one giant tab. Worse. Lol. But I guess if the in-program search functionality is robust and quick enough then that'd work too.

I might check it out for re-working my Standard shop, since I've pulled basically everything off that one while I'm in Warbands.

Yes the forum-shop thread looks terrible. But I wouldn't know a guy browsing forum-shops instead of the indexer site. The in-tool search is awesome, showing you the tab, the position within the tab, the b/o and the stats of an item all in a compact but well-managed space. You can either set b/o's for tabs or items, you can exclude tabs / items as well from being listed. Another option is to set no specific buyout but still allow the item to appear in your shop and the indexer site for quick sells or gathering offers.

A big plus too: the programmer is constantly updating and feeding the needs of his users (kinda like you, lol :D) so this gets better and better every release.

BTW, gratz to making it to a GGG buildpost, proud of PA :D
"
Chronodroid wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:

Yes the forum-shop thread looks terrible. But I wouldn't know a guy browsing forum-shops instead of the indexer site. The in-tool search is awesome, showing you the tab, the position within the tab, the b/o and the stats of an item all in a compact but well-managed space. You can either set b/o's for tabs or items, you can exclude tabs / items as well from being listed. Another option is to set no specific buyout but still allow the item to appear in your shop and the indexer site for quick sells or gathering offers.

A big plus too: the programmer is constantly updating and feeding the needs of his users (kinda like you, lol :D) so this gets better and better every release.

BTW, gratz to making it to a GGG buildpost, proud of PA :D

Thanks! That was an unexpected late bday present =)
Hi Serleth:

Quick question. What loot filter were you using in your PA Guide Video? I'm using Neversink's at present - it's OK, but kind of needs quite a bit of modification to suit my needs.

Thanks in advance.
"
hankinsohl wrote:
Hi Serleth:

Quick question. What loot filter were you using in your PA Guide Video? I'm using Neversink's at present - it's OK, but kind of needs quite a bit of modification to suit my needs.

Thanks in advance.

I've built my own, basing it loosely off of Thiole's.
"
hankinsohl wrote:
Hi Serleth:

Thanks in advance.

I modified Neversink's just slightly to satisfy my needs, what are yours then? =)

@Ser well then a late Happy B-day from my side, too!! Hope you enjoyed the day / night ;)
if this wasn't a MF build and you just wanted to make it strong as possible for 78+ maps, these boots could be pretty solid I think. Some extra projectile damage on boots could be solid or even for doing atziri maybe?

Rampage IGN: RIP_Stannis_Baratheon
"
AntonChigur wrote:
if this wasn't a MF build and you just wanted to make it strong as possible for 78+ maps, these boots could be pretty solid I think. Some extra projectile damage on boots could be solid or even for doing atziri maybe?

There's some give and take regarding those boots (and others).

* Brinerot Whalers provide the shocked ground immunity and projectile damage, which is both a nice offense and defensive boost at the cost of life
* Darkray Vectors give flat dodge % per charge as well as an additional frenzy charge. Same sort of deal, different mechanic, no offensive option.
* Blood Dance is probably the best of the defensive options, imho, allowing you to go ham on Blood Rage and actually out-regen the degenerative effect, additional charge generation chance (more damage), and a psuedo-cull type effect with extra damage on low-life monsters per charge.

All of that said, for the Apex: Blood Dance is what you want for everything up to Atziri and Atziri's Step for the Queen herself. Spell dodge OpieOP. A required boot for Uber Atziri, especially.

I think if you want a good mix of defense while getting that extra offensive boost though, I'd definitely go Whalers. Allows you to run shocked ground maps without fear, and thus potentially saves chaos you might be spending rolling over that mod for safety sake. The big thing I don't like about the Whalers is the extremely low defensive attributes and that it provides nothing else defensively (which makes sense, projectile damage on boots).

So, it really depends on how safe you want to play it. I vote Darkray/Blood Dance for supersafe play + hardcore setups, and Brinerot if you're feeling a bit more yolo.
Last edited by Serleth on Aug 11, 2015, 3:55:26 AM
Hi Serleth

Could You show your tree skill, stuff and skill gems.

Best Regards

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info