[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

I just got 2-shotted by a Lvl69 map boss... I just don't see enough survivablilty in this build in HC to justify channeling all that money into it. +3 bow, Drillneck and the rest of the gear will easily set you back 14-15 ex in Tempest. What good is Evasion, when all it takes is 2 unlucky hits to get through back to back? I had insta-flasks btw, it was too fast/too big of a hit to react.

You might argue that I could just stand back more...well, with the increasingly cramped boss areas that's not always possible, especially when Lockstep decides to freeze up for a second. I think evasion is pretty much useless at this point, a choice only for players who like the "all or nothing" approach.

And I know it's kinda beside the point because this build is made with easy MF in mind, but the playstyle of Poison Arrow is just so dull. I had several points during leveling (I ripped at 85 btw) where I just wanted to retire the char, there was so little incentive to continue playing aside from getting the next good drop. Once again, that's entirely my problem ofc and maybe I should have picked a different build to begin with.
Last edited by MoarStuff on Aug 2, 2015, 8:44:09 AM
"
As the first page only shows an almost non-socketed armor...
Do the sockets in the carcass jack not matter?

Not really. You just need enough to run whatever gems you don't have placed elsewhere. The only advantage to going 5L is to throw chain in the CoH setup.

"
I just got 2-shotted by a Lvl69 map boss... I just don't see enough survivablilty in this build in HC to justify channeling all that money into it. +3 bow, Drillneck and the rest of the gear will easily set you back 14-15 ex in Tempest.

Except the +3 bow and Drillneck aren't required. As for the defensive side of it, players have been reporting little issues getting to 75 maps with this build. Some of them have gone Iron Reflexes due to the nature of the changes to physical damage.

I can't speak to IR right now in the current state of the game, but it might be the better option for HC. I'm still at least 3 weeks away from testing it myself.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
I'm really enjoying this build so far. The problem I'm currently facing is the lack of movement speed. I do run aurseize, but the difference from 5% to 10% isn't really noticeable. The only solution I came up with is using 2 quicksilver flasks with movement speed. Do you think there is a way to lower the cool down of blink arrow?

Other than that everything is going smooth. Bought my first unique ring yesterday for 3 exalts. Now working towards a +3 bow.

Last edited by histerias on Aug 2, 2015, 2:42:43 PM
"
histerias wrote:
I'm really enjoying this build so far. The problem I'm currently facing is the lack of movement speed.

As someone pointed out earlier, using Queen of the Forest can be a viable solution to gain some movement speed. You need 11250 evasion to negate the movement speed malus. I'm at 14870 with lvl 17 Grace and I don't even have Drillneck yet, which gives another 350 base evasion. So Queen of the Forest already gives me 8% movement speed and it will be much more with lvl 20 Grace and Drillneck.
Last edited by Irongunner on Aug 2, 2015, 3:54:32 PM
So I think it's safe to say I got fucked.

1350 Chroms

"
Irongunner wrote:
"
histerias wrote:
I'm really enjoying this build so far. The problem I'm currently facing is the lack of movement speed.

As someone pointed out earlier, using Queen of the Forest can be a viable solution to gain some movement speed. You need 11250 evasion to negate the movement speed malus. I'm at 14870 with lvl 17 Grace and I don't even have Drillneck yet, which gives another 350 base evasion. So Queen of the Forest already gives me 8% movement speed and it will be much more with lvl 20 Grace and Drillneck.

What are the pros and cons for Queen <-> Carcass ?
TwitchTV: http://www.twitch.tv/akumanotsubasa
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/AkumaNoTsubasa
Please use http://pobb.in for your guides instead of pastebin!
"

1350 Chroms

Took mine about 900.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Serleth wrote:

Took mine about 900.

I'm sorry if this is a silly question but how come your bow has seven modifiers? I have a Spine Bow with these six:
- +1 to level
- +2 to level
- Increased physical damage
- + Dexterity
- Critical strike chance
- Lightning resistance

And when I try to add "Increased damage over time", it's telling me "item has no space for more mods"...

Thanks.
IGN: Slutty_Amazon
"
Serleth wrote:
"

1350 Chroms

Took mine about 900.

Hi Serleth

I'am newbie.
What is better: buy +3 bow or craft(what is strategy for crafting?)

Thx
"
NobleWhale wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:

Took mine about 900.

I'm sorry if this is a silly question but how come your bow has seven modifiers? I have a Spine Bow with these six:
- +1 to level
- +2 to level
- Increased physical damage
- + Dexterity
- Critical strike chance
- Lightning resistance

And when I try to add "Increased damage over time", it's telling me "item has no space for more mods"...

Thanks.

The light radius isn't an individual mod on his bow. The accuracy + light radius is the mod. So he has 6, just like your bow. It can sometimes be a bit hard to tell how many mods are on a rare.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info