[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

Hello PoE Noob im in Warbands

Me i went with Taunt Totem because many melee monsters are dangerous to me, like Hillock clones or the Discharge Evangelists.

Can Flame Totem aggro and tank similar to Taunt Totem? I can only have 1 totem and i wanna try Flame Culling.

Also what is the purpose of Blood Rage? To sustain Frenzy charges or to heal you? Poison Arrow is Chaos damage so it don't seem to heal me.

My current culling set-up is GMP Frenzy. Even with 7 frenzy stacks it will miss cull ticks and i only get 1 frenzy stack per volley even if i hit 5 monsters. I'm thinking of going Frenzy GMP Pierce CoH Vulnerability like i see people do.

"
Serleth wrote:

Second career.

where did this drop?

i have questions and doubts but not such time at this moment, will post gear etc.. lvl 75 atm but dunno how to get 4k hp.. great build btw... i switch from scion spectre srs to this, much better now :D
I have been trying this build, I like I fairly well so far, had a bit of trouble with bosses in mid levels, but all in all works really well. I had a question about the PA clouds. I know that multiple clouds don't stack, however I was curious if anyone knew what priority there was between two clouds. What I mean is if there are two clouds in same area, the second one cast does more damage. Which one would apply it's damage, the first one cast, or the higher damage.
"
Adamskull7 wrote:
Hello! im getting near the point where i want to obtain the 5l +2 bow and have some questins.
does the base matter?
if it has 2 blue sockets and 2 green does the 5th one HAVE to be red?
is it worth buying any 5l bow and then using chromatics if i cant find a reasonably priced one with the colors i need?

For a +2, no. Not unless you already have an empower 2, then you definitely want it.

Otherwise BBGGG is fine (faster proj, culling strike).

"
I got my hand on a ruby jewel with 12% projectile damage. If I aug it and get something I dont want, do I have to alt it and reroll the whole thing again? This is my first time crafting, sorry if this is a dumb/common question.

No you don't *have to* but you should. It's not worth investing in a jewel socket to use a jewel that has only one affix that benefits you. You want at least two affixes that are valuable to your setup in order to make investing in a jewel socket worthwhile.

"
where did this drop?

Wharf, off a Mutewind pack.

"
I know that multiple clouds don't stack, however I was curious if anyone knew what priority there was between two clouds. What I mean is if there are two clouds in same area, the second one cast does more damage. Which one would apply it's damage, the first one cast, or the higher damage.

I'm assuming what you mean by this is a situation in which you fire one cloud, then gain a charge, and fire another cloud? Or use rallying cry or etc.?

The answer to that is: it doesn't matter. The cloud damage scales dynamically so as you gain Frenzy charges, curse, or pop rallying cry, your PA cloud damage will increase even for clouds already in play.

"
Can Flame Totem aggro and tank similar to Taunt Totem? I can only have 1 totem and i wanna try Flame Culling.

Also what is the purpose of Blood Rage? To sustain Frenzy charges or to heal you? Poison Arrow is Chaos damage so it don't seem to heal me.

It does aggro, but not as actively as decoy totem. You will find situations where sometimes mobs ignore the flame totem, and other times where they decide to attack it.

Blood rage is to sustain charges. It does not heal, and we do not leech.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 28, 2015, 8:50:38 PM
Thanks for the great thread. Very educational on many topics I didn't understand before.

I have 2 more noobie questions for you.

1. The "increased area damage" mod on my carcass jack and on my 20q IAoE gem don't seem to effect the damage of PA in the tooltip. (i.e. if i take either of these items off the damage stays the same and putting them back on doesn't increase my tooltip damage at all). Does this just not register on the tooltip, but it actually does increase damage?

2. My CWDT gem doesn't seem to be working at all. Some people here say they have linked it with Enduring cry and Immortal Call? What gems does this exactly work with now?

Thanks!
IGN: Ezee_mode
thx bra

"
Sysygy wrote:
Thanks for the great thread. Very educational on many topics I didn't understand before.

I have 2 more noobie questions for you.

1. The "increased area damage" mod on my carcass jack and on my 20q IAoE gem don't seem to effect the damage of PA in the tooltip. (i.e. if i take either of these items off the damage stays the same and putting them back on doesn't increase my tooltip damage at all). Does this just not register on the tooltip, but it actually does increase damage?

2. My CWDT gem doesn't seem to be working at all. Some people here say they have linked it with Enduring cry and Immortal Call? What gems does this exactly work with now?

Thanks!

enduring cry was made not possible to put in CWDT in awakening patch. i like molten shell glacial breath personaly.

it wont show tooltip increase but serleth said increased area dmg increase dmg in his first post
Last edited by topdick on Jul 28, 2015, 10:23:00 PM
"
Serleth wrote:

"
I know that multiple clouds don't stack, however I was curious if anyone knew what priority there was between two clouds. What I mean is if there are two clouds in same area, the second one cast does more damage. Which one would apply it's damage, the first one cast, or the higher damage.

I'm assuming what you mean by this is a situation in which you fire one cloud, then gain a charge, and fire another cloud? Or use rallying cry or etc.?

The answer to that is: it doesn't matter. The cloud damage scales dynamically so as you gain Frenzy charges, curse, or pop rallying cry, your PA cloud damage will increase even for clouds already in play.

Thanks for the info, the scenarios you described was pretty much exactly what I was thinking about. Good to know that it's dynamic like that.
I read that your own quantity doesn't impact on map's quantity, so why are you running with quantity as a solo map MF'er. Had they changed something, or maybe I missed something ? Good guide, I really appreciate everything you've done.
I wonder, I only stack up to 6 frenzy charges, but the lvl 89 tree in OP even has +1 frenzy node more than me. But in the guide it only says 6 frenzy charges? Shouldn't it be 7 with also Kraytin? Or am I missing something?
"
ukab wrote:
I wonder, I only stack up to 6 frenzy charges, but the lvl 89 tree in OP even has +1 frenzy node more than me. But in the guide it only says 6 frenzy charges? Shouldn't it be 7 with also Kraytin? Or am I missing something?

There is the standard three, +3 from tree. +1 from Kraityn in Merciless. 3+3+1=7 :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info