[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

So my second Andy just dropped for me, so now I have Drillneck, 2 andys, Goldwyrm, and I've been using Aurseize since a friend gave them to me long before I had any other MF items.

I somehow support grace/purity with about 110 mana left over, which is tolerable and fine without clarity, but even then my resistances are 75-70-75 which caps out with 3 endurance charges.

I am guessing if I ever do get Carcass Jack though, I'm going to either have to drop aurseize for some good tri resist gloves (aurseize is 15% all resist) or hope for an amazingly rolled gold ammy with tri resist to drop.

I really doubt that I can keep 75 resists, ESPECIALLY without Purity, if I switch to Carcass Jack. Not that I have one to switch to. Just planning ahead.

Or maybe there's some ridiculous all resist/projectile/chaos damage jewels out there.
Last edited by GhostyGhost on Jul 27, 2015, 11:26:44 PM
"
GhostyGhost wrote:
So my second Andy just dropped for me, so now I have Drillneck, 2 andys, Goldwyrm, and I've been using Aurseize since a friend gave them to me long before I had any other MF items.

I somehow support grace/purity with about 110 mana left over, which is tolerable and fine without clarity, but even then my resistances are 75-70-75 which caps out with 3 endurance charges.

I am guessing if I ever do get Carcass Jack though, I'm going to either have to drop aurseize for some good tri resist gloves (aurseize is 15% all resist) or hope for an amazingly rolled gold ammy with tri resist to drop.

I really doubt that I can keep 75 resists, ESPECIALLY without Purity, if I switch to Carcass Jack. Not that I have one to switch to. Just planning ahead.

I'm currently running Sadima's, Goldwyrm, 2x Andys, Drillneck, and Carcass Jack, with Purity and Grace, and am capped on resists. My amulet is not a gold amulet, but rather an onyx, but I need the stats from that anyway. What I lose in IIR from not having a gold amulet I feel is more than made up for by the 16 IIQ from Sadima's. It's also not horrifically expensive to buy pretty good dual res gear with a decent amount of HP; I've found rares for significantly cheaper than the uniques of the build. If you want to drop Purity, then it'll get pretty expensive as you'll need trires on everything, but if you keep it then you can get rares with good enough res/life to cap and be relatively comfortable.
"
GhostyGhost wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:
1,500 fuses.

Spam, or Vorici? =O

Given how awful your luck has been, I think I would be tempted to just Vorici it.

But you know from your own statistics the average 6 link is 800ish or so. So go with the odds here.

Yeah I'm at 2300 right now. Decided to give another 250 a crack. No dice.

I'm full res-capped with rare gloves and a rare chest, not much issue. Changing out some life nodes (I'm sitting at 4600 life, which is honestly more than necessary) for Scion resistance would allow me to keep res capped if I grabbed Carcass Jack.

I'm running a 15% fire res jewel with double damage rolls, poacher's aim, a cold/lit jewel with double damage rolls, a fire/lit jewel with life/proj dmg, and my last jewel is just life/proj dmg. So I have one spare jewel I could get some resistance on, and I'm actually missing a jewel slot on the tree cuz I've gone into full phase acro for leveling purposes.

Gear

So, minus that chest, I'd be at 46/50/40, but with a 15% Carcass Jack I'd be back up to 61/65/55.

A belt with better cold res would cap me there and allow me to change out my hybrid cold/lit jewel for a pure lit jewel to put me at 61/75/60 or so, at which point I take two points into Cloth and Chain and I'm res capped again.

It takes a bit of finesse, but you can do it without purity. For sure.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 27, 2015, 11:46:37 PM
im at almost 19k cloud dmg with 6 jewels, pa lv19 (24 actually with empower lv2 and +3 bow), 7 frenzy charges and rallying cry.
MF is at 14/321 and culling with flame totem..
melting 76/77 maps. Life is really low tho only 3.5k but i dont care about dying since lv87 was my goal.

pretty beast build once again serleth!
I really like the 5L frenzy CoH setup. What are your thoughts on replacing chain with knockback? I'm thinking the build's pierce helps spread vulnerability already.

Knockback can keep melee mobs at bay and push enemies back into the poison clouds.
"
_Thresher_ wrote:
I really like the 5L frenzy CoH setup. What are your thoughts on replacing chain with knockback? I'm thinking the build's pierce helps spread vulnerability already.

Knockback can keep melee mobs at bay and push enemies back into the poison clouds.

Cute, but unnecessary. And chain's added benefit is barrel-breaking with less aiming. Offers better clear speed indirectly b/c it allows you to not have to focus as much on shooting those crates & barrels.

Besides, for anything other than rares mobs or bosses, you wouldn't need knockback anyway in a finished setup. Possible exception for mobs with naturally high health that also end up getting +life from map or the Massive modifier. Everything else just melts. You would end up slotting in Knockback and only using it maybe 15% of the time.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 28, 2015, 3:12:01 AM
Hi guys ,

First thing thanks for share this amazing build ^^
I use a 5L utility setup too :
FRENZY / GMP / PIERCE / CoH / VULNERABILTY.
Just funny to see that with 1 shot u can curse the whole screen(and more behind)plus getting full Frenzy charges xD
"
Serleth wrote:
1. It should take you 3-5 minutes to just straight up clear the map, depending on the tileset and how much running around you have to do, and how difficult the map is. Each portal you take should add no more than 1 second for a portal, let's say 5 seconds load time (max), and 20 seconds for a vendor (depending on your organization skills), so 25-35 seconds per portal. Let's build a range though to say maybe 45 seconds per portal in case your ID/handspeed isn't reasonably fast.

On the low end then, 25 seconds per portal, 4 portals (average blue map) = 1.6 minutes, 3 minute map clear = 4.6 minutes.

On the high end, 45 seconds per portal, 6 portals (high IIQ/IIR maps) = 4.5 minutes, 5 minutes per map clear = 9.5 minutes.

It really depends mostly on how quickly you can identify items, recognize what to keep, and organize where you put your recipe items or items worth keeping, etc.

Man I'm slow.... I need 4-5x more time for the maps and 2-3x for the portals :/
"
Serleth wrote:

1. It should take you 3-5 minutes to just straight up clear the map, depending on the tileset and how much running around you have to do, and how difficult the map is. Each portal you take should add no more than 1 second for a portal, let's say 5 seconds load time (max), and 20 seconds for a vendor (depending on your organization skills), so 25-35 seconds per portal. Let's build a range though to say maybe 45 seconds per portal in case your ID/handspeed isn't reasonably fast.

On the low end then, 25 seconds per portal, 4 portals (average blue map) = 1.6 minutes, 3 minute map clear = 4.6 minutes.

On the high end, 45 seconds per portal, 6 portals (high IIQ/IIR maps) = 4.5 minutes, 5 minutes per map clear = 9.5 minutes.

It really depends mostly on how quickly you can identify items, recognize what to keep, and organize where you put your recipe items or items worth keeping, etc.

2. Middle-ish maps for me personally (so, 74-76), which allow for good rares with (the new) T2 resistance, and regal recipes. If I find I'm low on alcs (which I use for jewelry, and if an alc misses, I put the item into a regal recipe), then I go to low level maps (68-69) to rebuild my alc pool and do unid chaos recipes.

In essence, I switch depending on my crafting mats.

Max raw clear speed (not including portal trips) on a linear map (Promenade, Underground Sea, Gorge) should be around 3 minutes. For more twisty maps, it really depends on the RNG for the map drawing and the tileset itself (Ie, Mine and Tunnel are absolute nightmares to navigate and you can expect even 7 minute map clears).

That sounds about what i was thinking it should take. Personally, i sit at around 10 min on average withhout rushing too much, but then my cloud dps is only 8k with 6 charges (only have a 5l +2 and no drillneck/carcass/empower.. also using rarity gem instead of AoE,so I'm not complaining about being slow).

On the matter of weapon, I did manageme to get a +3 bow for 4ex,got it 6 socketed and my next goal is to 6L it. My question here is,what is your approach to piling up fusings? Just running maps and trading anything other than alts/jews for fusings? I only have about 4-5h/day of playtime and I'd like to maximize efficiency (can't wait to use that bow xD).

The chromes are also kinda driving me mad. Feels like it's impossible to get 3 blue, 1 red and 2 green. I'll try the vorici method mentioned earlier when I get home.

Edit: Do you run any map or is there any you'd rather not do? For example, all 74s seem annoying to me D:
Last edited by noirlady on Jul 28, 2015, 8:00:32 AM
Hi Sir, testing FLAME GOLEM + BLIND + BLINK ARROW + MINION LIFE :

Flame Golem & Blink Mirror Arrow, Attacks provides Blind on hit!!

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info