Block incin and stuff *Discontinued due to Incinerate nerfs*

"
Azze28 wrote:
@ Lunatic
Yes you are missing something. Your Manapool. You cant use the 100% reservation and you dont have any amount big enough to make use of MoM. This is basically 30% EHP and the dmg from at least HoI you lose. And then you would still need to get like 1.5k mana or something to be able to leech it. GL getting this with 8 skillpoints ;-)

"
Skillzrock wrote:
why do you have blood magic linked to whirling blades?

U need BM so that ur ES regen can kick in while moving arround. Although if u took a big hit and MoM put you down to 0 ES, you can still be able to escape with whirling blades. Without BM you would hear a "Not enough mana" before u you ;-)

This is incorrect. I get way more than 30% EHP, I get all my ES. MoM doesnt make you take 30% less damage, it just means that 30% of the damage you take will be redirected to your ES. If you're a hybrid character, you get 100%.

The ammount of mana you need is roughly 800. I get that on a lvl 90 character without a single piece of gear equipped. I'm leveling a character right now with a 6link, at 22 mana per cast (which is incinerate - echo - faster cast - lmp - fire pen - mana leech) and I was able to run this as soon as I broke the 650 mana limit.

Regarding the 100% reservation, that is true, with the regular setup you run 50% + 2x 25%. With this, you can either run 50% + 35% (discipline, which means more HP) or 50% + 25%. The dmg on herald of ice is VERY negligible ever since they nerfed heralds.

Or, alternatively, you use the 8 points to get mana reservation and with just 8% reduced mana reservation you can run 50% + 2x 25%.

I don't see the point :/
"
lunaticloser wrote:
Alright, I have a question I haven't been able to get out of my mind, so much so that I started doing it myself, to see if I'm right or not.

You go EB/MOM/ghost reaver, because you clearly want to take all the advantages of the ES you can get and at the same time, solve the mana cost for incinerate. To do this you "waste" 3 points for ghost reaver and 5 points (cant remember, coming from my head) to get EB. You also use 1 support gem from your full setup, to afford the cost, and you LOSE all the possibility of ever regening your life through leech.

What I was thinking is, why go through all that trouble, when you can just play as a hybrid character, which means you get ALL the defense from your ES instead of only 30%, which means you can scale your ES way past your life pool, NOT waste 8 points grabbing ghost reaver and EB, and just use the mana leech support gem, which will also allow you to get %Fire leech from corruptions and doryani's belt and sustain your life pool that way? This also means you don't HAVE to go cybil's even though it's great.

Side by side:

Mana leech instead of Life leech, represents same ammount of links for sustaining your casting(same ammount leeched and it's plenty, I've tested this part)

Much higher potential ES (you dont want ever over 3k mana pool, but you can go 6k+ ES)

8 (or so) saved skill points

Ability to get leech super late game if desired

The only advantage I see right off the bat for the EB build is that you COULD maybe eventually drop the life leech gem if you ever get to crazy ammounts of damage and sustain it off 0.4% life leech from corruptions. However, the same applies to the mana leech version, and it's in fact much easier: Elreon jewellry. It's really easy to get some mana regen (I get 125% from tree and u can get easy 150% from gear) and mana cost reduction (takes 2 skill points versus 8) and just run with 1 elreon piece, and u can sustain infinite mana.

Am I missing something? I'd really love to know your opinion, I love your build it's crazy tanky, I just think I may have found an improvement?

a ~2.5k es pool in a hybrid setup is really low, any monster in mid-tier maps will vaporize that small ES pool in 2 hits, if you dont take GR and have no sustain for that ES, its going to be useless.

By going EB/GR/MOM you allow the life leech gem to become both life and mana leech at the same time (remember MoM means that my ES its still effective health). I don't know if you've played the build, but the CWDT setup, 5.4% life regen and cybils life gain on hit is more than enough HP sustain without the need of direct leech. On top of that, 2% leech is very bad, such small amount of leech, is much more effective at managing a relatively small ES pool compared to HP.

A proper hybrid setup with GR for sustain would require way more points than what I did.

I hope that helped you understand why I took the route I did.

EDIT: On top of all of this, being able to reserve all my mana allows me to be flexible with auras and run both purities and arctic armor in HC for Atziri, which was the main focus of the build, trivializing Atziri as much as possible in the new version (for HC play), with the least expensive setup I could think of.
Lowest level Hardcore Atziri Kill ~ Level 65 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyDB6Haa6U8
Level 100 Tempest HC with self-made and most played build of POE 2.0 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlTUOhqEZ9s
(✿◠‿◠)
Last edited by yotmato on Jul 14, 2015, 8:50:38 PM
"
lunaticloser wrote:
"
Azze28 wrote:
@ Lunatic
Yes you are missing something. Your Manapool. You cant use the 100% reservation and you dont have any amount big enough to make use of MoM. This is basically 30% EHP and the dmg from at least HoI you lose. And then you would still need to get like 1.5k mana or something to be able to leech it. GL getting this with 8 skillpoints ;-)

"
Skillzrock wrote:
why do you have blood magic linked to whirling blades?

U need BM so that ur ES regen can kick in while moving arround. Although if u took a big hit and MoM put you down to 0 ES, you can still be able to escape with whirling blades. Without BM you would hear a "Not enough mana" before u you ;-)

This is incorrect. I get way more than 30% EHP, I get all my ES. MoM doesnt make you take 30% less damage, it just means that 30% of the damage you take will be redirected to your ES. If you're a hybrid character, you get 100%.

The ammount of mana you need is roughly 800. I get that on a lvl 90 character without a single piece of gear equipped. I'm leveling a character right now with a 6link, at 22 mana per cast (which is incinerate - echo - faster cast - lmp - fire pen - mana leech) and I was able to run this as soon as I broke the 650 mana limit.

Regarding the 100% reservation, that is true, with the regular setup you run 50% + 2x 25%. With this, you can either run 50% + 35% (discipline, which means more HP) or 50% + 25%. The dmg on herald of ice is VERY negligible ever since they nerfed heralds.

Or, alternatively, you use the 8 points to get mana reservation and with just 8% reduced mana reservation you can run 50% + 2x 25%.

I don't see the point :/

This is a common misconception that many PoE players have.

Your ES doesn't function at 30% effectiveness when is utilized with MoM.

This reddit post explains the math very well, I suggest you take a look at it
Lowest level Hardcore Atziri Kill ~ Level 65 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyDB6Haa6U8
Level 100 Tempest HC with self-made and most played build of POE 2.0 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlTUOhqEZ9s
(✿◠‿◠)
Currently level 79 in Tempest, my gear so far:

Some of the pieces are dumpster but linking the chest ate too much goddamn currency, and need to save up for rathpith now
(✿◠‿◠)
i found this, is it usable? or does the ev/es hybrid mean i probably shouldnt craft it up

just did atziri for the first time with this build. Thanks for the guide!

Spoiler

4450 hp/1812es
7.1k tooltip
55/52 block/spellblock
level 83
Is it possible to run this build with righteous fire (ofc with rise of the phoenix) ??
you totally skipped my posterino tomatino ç_ç
Loving the build so far.

I have a question regarding the jewels. I seem to only roll 1% chance to block spells with shields but never 1% chance to block.Am i unlucky or is this what we are looking for? Is the chance of getting 1% block chance extremely low?

I have used 200 alt on a single jewel and no luck.
Walking away ...
Last edited by _kerber_ on Jul 15, 2015, 1:46:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info