One-Week Cut-Throat Event

This is my first Cut-Throat since I joined PoE. I've heard about it though and wanted to play so much. I'll be there the whole week! :D
I am a shadow. I was born the youngest daughter of a respected family, raised to fight, weep and bleed for God and the Order. I would have died to keep my mouth shut. Professional integrity, it's called. That lord sang a different tune once I had taken their children.
"
iamnotspock wrote:
So if the loser in a stoush dies and his gear drops, does the winner keep his gear he dropped ? or pick it up at least ?

Anyone can pickup the stuff that drops. One of the best ways to get gear is be a vulture who runs up and grabs stuff that drops when other people kill someone.
"
LimeAndSugar wrote:
OMG REALLY? WHAAAAAT

I have been waiting for this for so long XD

(in b4 90% of realm population as marauder)

I was also expecting something like this since a long time! The problem is that, this timing is very very bad for me, it would be impossible to join :(. But well, have great fun everyone.
hmmm finally got into beta... but cutthroat? I guess I'll have to give it a try :P
Hey, hey! It's the Postal Dude! Get him!
But what will happen , with maps? if you can't enter hideouts? :(
"
Qiox wrote:
"
VelocitySC wrote:
Yaaaay lv 30 people camping in coast for 1 week killing noobs. Fun!!!!!!

Learn to read.

That's not possible.

Agreed, no level 30's are gonna be picking off noobs... directly. But unless I missed something that only allows us to make 1 character during the event...

I could some player getting to level 30 quickly on day 1, stash some decent low level gear that they picked up on the way to 30, make a 2nd character and set that character up with some bling. Then you scratch your head trying to figure out why you just died in a few hits to another level 3 player, not realizing he's got some rare rings, belt, amulet and/or magic flasks.

YES !!!

yes.
You have entered Ghetto.
Been waiting for more than a year so I can finally 100% the achievements.

Count me in!
"
IceyDevil wrote:
Ehhh, I'm surprised you are trying this GGG, I will be interested to see how it turns out. I fully expect the league to be a ghost town after 48 hours but we will see I guess, worth a try.

I think it will be far less than 48 hours. I did some of the tests in (I think) race season 7. The problems it had do not appear to be dealt with. It was a blast. I learned some things. But it was just too screwed up to keep playing.

I'll give a try with the new rules though. I'm looking forward to it. I'll know within the first hour if it's worth continuing.
"
johnnyh2 wrote:
"
Qiox wrote:
"
VelocitySC wrote:
Yaaaay lv 30 people camping in coast for 1 week killing noobs. Fun!!!!!!

Learn to read.

That's not possible.

Agreed, no level 30's are gonna be picking off noobs... directly. But unless I missed something that only allows us to make 1 character during the event...

I could some player getting to level 30 quickly on day 1, stash some decent low level gear that they picked up on the way to 30, make a 2nd character and set that character up with some bling. Then you scratch your head trying to figure out why you just died in a few hits to another level 3 player, not realizing he's got some rare rings, belt, amulet and/or magic flasks.

no amount of level 3 gear will make them substantially stronger as they wont be able to equip it due to the level requirement increasing due to the mods on the gear.

will they have a slight advantage well of course but still wont be anything you cant overcome with good timing.

although the casters and ranged characters early on will be dominated by anybody who can get up close with quicksilvers.

got to also remember mobs are hostile to everyone so clever play can easily make the mobs do the work for you if your getting chased by somebody.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info