For the love of all that is good in the world, can I PLEASE get some maps to drop???

I've been getting *some* maps to drop, but they're all low level ones.
Whenever I do a level 78 map from my stash (whose numbers are steadily decreasing these days) I think I get a 78 map to drop like 10% of the time. This is not sustainable.
I use chisels, I alch and chaos them, .... get no good drops, no map drops.

Does GGG NOT want me to play their game?
Don't tell me to reroll. I have several toons in the 90's, many different builds....I worked long and hard to save up to trade for my mjloner and voll's devotion. I have a shavs, too, but found that I don't really like the LL version of mjolner discharge as much as the life version. I don't have the acuities and I miss life pots. I like playing this toon a lot and want to get to level 100. But I digress.

If anyone at GGG reads this, can you please "tilt" the RNG to me for a little but this weekend please? I have a few 78's left, but I'm scared to play them in case I run out. I'm even down to level 72's now....even 75's and 74's and 73's are getting hard for me to come by. Plus it just sucks playing low level maps at level 96

Yes u CAN!!!

1. open ur stash, take a 78 map and put it in ur inventory. If u dont have one, buy one.
2. go to any zone (docks for example)
3. open ur inventory and locate the map in it.
4. take it and drop on the ground.
5. now pick it up.

Repeat this as often, as u want maps to drop!
"
1337fun wrote:
Yes u CAN!!!

1. open ur stash, take a 78 map and put it in ur inventory. If u dont have one, buy one.
5. now pick it up.

You fail at trolling. Try harder next time.

@OP: I'm pretty sure GGG can't "increase drop rate for item XYZ for player ABC". I do believe they can control drop rate for entire server. You're already level 96, which is considered much higher level than 99.99% of the population, so consider yourself lucky. Even if you run out of maps, just buy some more from others? You're 20 levels higher than me and even I can afford to buy a few maps, I'm pretty sure you have a truckload of chaos stashed somewhere? First-world problems generally don't have solutions you know. Think about the level 70ish players struggling to even survive.
Last edited by melodia1 on Jun 6, 2015, 1:42:28 PM
"
melodia1 wrote:
"
1337fun wrote:
Yes u CAN!!!

5. now pick it up.

@OP: I'm pretty sure GGG can't "increase drop rate for item XYZ for player ABC". I do believe they can control drop rate for entire server. You're already level 96, which is considered much higher level than 99.99% of the population, so consider yourself lucky. Even if you run out of maps, just buy some more from others? You're 20 levels higher than me and even I can afford to buy a few maps, I'm pretty sure you have a truckload of chaos stashed somewhere? First-world problems generally don't have solutions you know. Think about the level 70ish players struggling to even survive.

U fail at being a smart ass. Try harder next time.
"
1337fun wrote:
"
melodia1 wrote:
"
1337fun wrote:
Yes u CAN!!!

5. now pick it up.

U fail at being a smart ass. Try harder next time.

/Fail. I wasn't trying to be one. Having fun being a dickhead on an internet forum? How pathetic. Go be one somewhere around your own age kthnx. And learn to spell.
Last edited by melodia1 on Jun 6, 2015, 2:03:22 PM
GGG does not want you to level past 95 solo. If you want to level into the high 90's you either join 78 rotations or become a slave to the map system

IGN: Inshiterate
So this is art? Awful lousy way to make coin
"
melodia1 wrote:
Even if you run out of maps, just buy some more from others? You're 20 levels higher than me and even I can afford to buy a few maps, I'm pretty sure you have a truckload of chaos stashed somewhere? First-world problems generally don't have solutions you know. Think about the level 70ish players struggling to even survive.

Having recently hit the relatively low level of 90 I feel for the OP on this issue. I have 2 level 78 maps in my stash and am pretty much afraid to run them because I know they'll just be gone and who knows when I'll ever get more. As you get even higher and the XP penalty gets more real the problem becomes harsh because you really need a bunch of maps to make any progress and unless you're rich rich rich you'll pretty much go broke trying to buy enough to get anywhere.

At level 76 you haven't fully felt the problem yet because you can always go to library, catacombs, or do Dominus runs and get relatively far better XP than the OP without even worrying about maps at all.

In short, when you're up in levels and your map pool dries up it gets really really dry and progress gets really really slow or really really expensive.
This Mapsystem is really bad for this kind of game due to the lack of map drops.

It feels like you have to do 10x act 1 diablo2 to run act4/5 once and then repeat.

The map system as it is currently feels not to make fun to the player. Actually nobody love it how it is. To have to farm low level content to be able to run high level content once, or pay a player to run low level content to get high level content from him, feels bad in this game its far away from beeing funny.
"
melodia1 wrote:
"
1337fun wrote:
Yes u CAN!!!

5. now pick it up.

good point, and that's fine with me if they up the drop rates for everyone. I mean, there's not good new leagues, what is everyone supposed to do!?!?
Oh, and btw, the increase of players in standard has ruined the economy for me.
I;m not lucky that I'm level 96 though. I played this game for almost 5,000 hours!
If I buy 78's I can get what, 2maps for 1ex?? I know I have good gear, but I';m not rich.....I'd have to sell all my gear which is worth prolly maybe 150ex to get 75 level 78 maps...then how am I supposed to play said maps with no good gear because I sold it to buy maps???

I know people prolly don't feel sorry for me since I have nice items, but I want EVERYONE to get good maps to drop. What the hell are we supposed to do before act 4??
"
GreatWhite47 wrote:
GGG does not want you to level past 95 solo. If you want to level into the high 90's you either join 78 rotations or become a slave to the map system

Ok, I'm pretty sure I read on here that joining maps does NOT INCREASE your XP gain....you just get a bonus to IIQ and IIR.

I would party more but there ARE NO PUBS available when i look. Plus, I like to take my time and get all the monsters, pick up loot, check loot, etc....parties are all rush-rush and it stresses me out.

what is the "map system" you are talking about?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info