For the love of all that is good in the world, can I PLEASE get some maps to drop???

so, regarding me selling stuff to buy maps, ok that brings us to another HUGE problem with the game. Trading sucks. The likelihood of me finding a buyer is low. Plus, due to there not being any new leagues, and all this news of what's getting nerfed in beta, all my stuff is worthles now. I sold a legacy 6l CoD a few weekends ago for 20ex. used to be worth like 36ex.

Literally EVERYTHING I OWN has gone DOWN in value. Kaoms Heart? I traded 35ex for it. Now it;s worth like 8ex.
Mings Heart? Oh, I paid 20ex for it. Now its worth like 3ex.
Shav's? I paid 40ex for it like 3 weeks ago. Prolly worth a lot less now due to info from CB.
Crown of Eyes? I paid 17ex for it. Now it's crap because of pain attunement fix. I don't hve gg mirrored dagger, so that helm is now useless for me. It's worth like what, MAYBE 10ex now??

So even if I sold all my crap, I'd be in trade chat all day HOPING to get pennies on the dollar for my once awesome gear. Then I'd have to try and find people to sell me 78's.

I don't understand GGG's philosophy on these shitty map drops, especially since they are not giving us anything good to play until act 4. I love this game and I support GGG in general, I just totally disagree with these shitty map drops.. HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO PLAY THE GAME IF THERE ARE NO GOOD MAPS TO RUN.

I am tired of dominus farming. I have a 375%IIR toon I try to farm him, I get SHIT to drop.

My best drops over 5000 hours are:
BoR back in domination. Now worthless.
Binos - worthless now
Hege's Era - worthless
Ming's Heart - found it like 2 weeks ago. Worthless.

Yup, that's it. The rest of my stuff Ive traded for by grinding currency and selling shitty 1chaos crap ad nauseum. No good T1 drops for me. Or if they WERE good, they are worthless now.

So tell me how I am supposed to map again please?????

Just did a Shrine Map. Chiseled to 20%, alched and got ok mods, so I ran it. Did it in like 7 minutes, boss included. 5 monsters remaining at end boss fight. I got 1 level 75 map (necropolis) to drop.

See what I'm saying??????? I'M not gaining any ground here.

Necrolpolis sucks because I gotta wait for the spiders to appear as the SLOWLY climb up the sides of the platforms.

GGG, I would PAY you $100 right now for a bundle of like 40 level 78 maps. I'm pretty sure most other players would pay money at this point.
k too much shit to quote and reply to. IMHO you should just take a break from the game. Obviously the grind is getting to you in an unhealthy way. Or maybe you should shift your goals. For example, I came into standard from torment @ level 96. Got up to 98 and now I don't plan on leveling anymore. Suddenly all my problems with the map system vanished because I don't care about it anymore.

You said it yourself how you like to go at your own pace and stuff so that rules out 78 rotations...well tough luck. Nobody at GGG cares and you complaining about maps AND money just makes you look bad. Maybe find a way to make money and then go back to mapping?
IGN: Inshiterate
So this is art? Awful lousy way to make coin
Last edited by GreatWhite47 on Jun 6, 2015, 2:57:06 PM
"
Xaxarius wrote:
GGG, I would PAY you $100 right now for a bundle of like 40 level 78 maps.

Also, I find this funny because people already do this except the money doesn't go to GGG
IGN: Inshiterate
So this is art? Awful lousy way to make coin
"
GreatWhite47 wrote:
k too much shit to quote and reply to. IMHO you should just take a break from the game. Obviously the grind is getting to you in an unhealthy way. Or maybe you should shift your goals. For example, I came into standard from torment @ level 96. Got up to 98 and now I don't plan on leveling anymore. Suddenly all my problems with the map system vanished because I don't care about it anymore.

You said it yourself how you like to go at your own pace and stuff so that rules out 78 rotations...well tough luck. Nobody at GGG cares and you complaining about maps AND money just makes you look bad. Maybe find a way to make money and then go back to mapping?

[Removed By Support]

I disagree that no one at GGG cares. It's a free country where I live. I can complain, make suggestions. Where I live, that's how things improve. People listen to feedback.
Anyways, I could take a break. I am a very focused individual and I want to make my goal of level 100. If GGG doesn't want to up the drop rates while we wait for act 4, um, ok, but I would think that they would like my dollars, too.

"
Xaxarius wrote:
"
GreatWhite47 wrote:
GGG does not want you to level past 95 solo. If you want to level into the high 90's you either join 78 rotations or become a slave to the map system

Ok, I'm pretty sure I read on here that joining maps does NOT INCREASE your XP gain....you just get a bonus to IIQ and IIR.

what is the "map system" you are talking about?

Runnning Maps doesn't directly affect your XP gain, but in the current iteration of the game and all iterations before it, the only way to level to 100 in a reasonable amount if time is to run Maps. The main reason is the level difference experience penalty, as described here:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Experience#Penalties

The highest area available without Mapping currently, if I recall correctly (don't have access to the game right now), is Sceptre of God at level 68 or 69. In contrast, Map area level can range from 70 to potentially 81 (most commonly 78).

When you get into the high levels, I believe around 90, non-Map areas begin to give you increasingly minuscule amounts of EXP. Let's do some mathcraft.

Level 90 character. Level 70 area: Safe band = 3 + (90/16) = 8 levels safe band. Effective difference is 90 - 8 - 70 = 12.

Final Experience = ((90+5)/(90+5+12^2.5))^1.5 = 0.06399, or 6.4% base exp gained.

Now compare to a level 78 area: Effective Difference is 90-8-78 = 4.

Final Experience = ((90+5)/(90+5+4^2.5))^1.5 = 0.64699, or 64.7% base exp gained.

That's over a factor of ten, or a whole order of magnitude more multiplier to base EXP gained. Tack on the fact that level 78 monsters are probably giving multiple times more base experience in the first place, and you'll begin to see why many people say that level 78 maps are the only viable way to level to 100.

tl;dr 68+ Maps give the highest level monsters in the game. Higher level monsters give way more exp. Hence, the highest level Maps are the only way to earn enough exp to progress at high levels at this point in the game.

EDIT: I'm actually pretty sure that Maps give no bonus to Rarity either, unless it's a Unique map. So it's not IIR that Maps give a direct boost to, just a boost to IIQ (and I suspect it's actually technically MIQ instead, given the way IIQ interacts with map drops).
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Jun 6, 2015, 6:47:26 PM
wow, did you think that I didn't know that I should be running maps???

did you really think I got to level 96 by running library and catacombs??
Last edited by Xaxarius on Jun 7, 2015, 12:07:55 AM
"
adghar wrote:
Tack on the fact that level 78 monsters are probably giving multiple times more base experience in the first place, and you'll begin to see why many people say that level 78 maps are the only viable way to level to 100.

78 maps give what? Double the base exp of a 66? If that....

Also, it has been pretty clear to most people so far that you're not supposed to sustain 78s. Either way, consider yourself lucky, map drops are shit in beta, you will be lucky to sustain 74s and that is with the lowest maps being 68.
"
Xaxarius wrote:
wow, did you think that I didn't know that I should be running maps???

did you really think I got to level 96 by running library and catacombs??

I don't understand the statement and question you made before then. Some kind of Internet hyper-sarcasm? I guess if you don't believe in the efficiency of a system, you make some kind of bizarre irrelevant-ish side comment and deny its existence?

Let me know if I got that wrong. I'm pretty confused right now and I wouldn't be surprised if my guess of some elevated form of sarcasm is also off the mark.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
GreatWhite47 wrote:
GGG does not want you to level past 95 solo. If you want to level into the high 90's you either join 78 rotations or become a slave to the map system

This makes no sense. How can you bring 78s to a rotation if you never get a 78 in your 1/6 maps which you host?

GGG seem to want people not to play high level maps. The potential longevity of that approach - in the face of a 'grinding' game - is about to be tested, I feel.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info