Fallout 4

The questing is about what I'd expect from a modern open world RPG - its a bit samey samey, haven't come across any of those really unique and quirky missions that gave 3 and NV so much of their character.

The dialogue choices have lost a bit of their fun as well. I'm not sure what game did it first, but that Mass Effect Wheel of Bland Dialogue is really beginning to get tiresome.

I haven't met any funny or interesting characters either - Paladin Danse sounds like George Clooney on ambien, and has about the same amount of personality. The Minutemen dude is pretty generic, I don't think he and I will get along much longer if he keeps sending me places to kill raiders.

The old family robot is fun to talk to, but lacking in utility. I don't like the dog whining and whimpering when it gets hurt (I'm on of those fucked up people who gets iffy with simulated animals in computer generated approximations of pain).

Graphics are ok-ish.. the 3D Fallouts always seem to lack a feeling of depth in the graphics when it comes to environments. Compare to Skyrim or Oblivion... the layering of grass/debris/trees seems flat and lifeless.

The UI is a bit clunky and awkward compared to the simplicity of the previous iterations. I might be missing a few things, but jumping out of terminals, the crafting menus, and some of the other bits and pieces doesn't feel fluid.

I'm not sure where I sit at the moment. Because I haven't felt immersed yet, I am not getting all the little nuances and things that really drew me into the 1/2/3/NV... I'll give it another crack tonight, and see if I can find something that sparks my interest.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
My friends always call me a hater cause I never show any interest in anything but poe.

I grew up with the original two fallout games, and for all I could see the new ones showed a lot of promise, so I bought fallout 4, and now I just have buyers remorse, it's so boring, the characters are boring, the locations are beautiful but I don't really find myself caring.

The quests are horrible, really more rehashing of the same stuff, just doesn't do it for me.

The crafting and weight limit is tedious as hell.

Emailed steam for a refund.
"
Xavderion wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/gEIqgum.png

So true lel. After 7 years the "quirks" are becoming rather annoying though.

At least it still has its main strength, I really enjoy exploring the world :)

Apparently there's no way to craft ammunition and I'm always really low on it...

It helps when you aim
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
I'm not at all a fan of items not being degradable and being unable to combine items to repair them etc. because I no longer have any need to loot anything but ammo from enemies >.>" making the loot system pretty bad. I know I can break down armour and weapons to components but still, that's not that interesting and you need to be near a work bench to do that.

The Settler Construction stuff has an abysmal UI and feels like it was simply hacked in without any thought put in to it.

The shadows use the exact same rendering engine as Skyrim, and thus look abysmal regardless of how you configure them (Like in Skyrim, they look awesome at extremely short distances though! Hooray?). Video demonstrations.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Nov 11, 2015, 11:39:24 PM
I think the building aspect should of been brought in gradually rather than being able to build a base from the get go.Like maybe you have to do a quest before you can do any building and then only one craft bench at a time with more quests unlocking more stuff.As it is it almost feels like an ingame editor.Not saying it still isn't fun building stuff and I like how walls and doors lock in rather than having to line stuff up.

Its funny though this and POE hideout will this become a new standard RPG aspect.
Last edited by Kavlor on Nov 12, 2015, 1:15:16 AM
Spoiler
There's this big ass crab boss that you meet later on and I died T_T the first time so I put like a billion mines in her spawn point before she spawned and she basically died instantly when she came out XD
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Nov 12, 2015, 2:45:28 AM
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

Apparently there's no way to craft ammunition and I'm always really low on it...

It helps when you aim

Hah! You are funny! I'm sure he tries to be as conservative as possible with the ammunition.

Cheers!
"
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

It helps when you aim

Hah! You are funny! I'm sure he tries to be as conservative as possible with the ammunition.

Cheers!

Then mebbe he's just bad?
"
TheWretch wrote:

Hi Wretch!

I don't know if we should be so quick to jump to such a negative conclusion! I know we are on the internet, and people like to give each other a bit of a hard time sometimes, but really, aren't we all here because we share similar interests, at least in gaming?

Cheers!
"
"
TheWretch wrote:

Hi Wretch!

I don't know if we should be so quick to jump to such a negative conclusion! I know we are on the internet, and people like to give each other a bit of a hard time sometimes, but really, aren't we all here because we share similar interests, at least in gaming?

Cheers!

You are right MostValuedPoster. Thank you making this latest interaction a most enjoyable and valued forum experience.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info