Fallout 4

Just as a heads up, physics (engine) speed is tied to framerate in FO4.

If you have a boss hog computer, you'll want to limit your FPS unless you want to play a super sped up version of the game. Yakety Sax music optional if that sounds like fun to you.
"
pneuma wrote:
Just as a heads up, physics (engine) speed is tied to framerate in FO4.

If you have a boss hog computer, you'll want to limit your FPS unless you want to play a super sped up version of the game. Yakety Sax music optional if that sounds like fun to you.

Sounds like Bethesda took some pointers from Dark Souls. xD
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Tried everything I could. Nothing worked. Updated non-gaming related programs because I was bummed and decided to forget it. Required restart again. Decided to try again even though I had just restarted. Works now! For some reason.

Nice. What resolution are you playing in? I actually didn't expect F4 running on only 1 GB of VRAM.

I was in 1366x768 getting 15 fps, trying to find any way to increase fps about to try 1280x720 on low since i was getting 12 fps on medium at that resolution.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Tried everything I could. Nothing worked. Updated non-gaming related programs because I was bummed and decided to forget it. Required restart again. Decided to try again even though I had just restarted. Works now! For some reason.

Nice. What resolution are you playing in? I actually didn't expect F4 running on only 1 GB of VRAM.

I was in 1366x768 getting 15 fps, trying to find any way to increase fps about to try 1280x720 on low since i was getting 12 fps on medium at that resolution.

Get up to 20 fps with 1280x720. Really hoping I can push 30 out of somewhere
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
I am under minimum spec yet somehow it sets me to medium on top of that I tried Ultra settings and it was still playable go figure.
I have a sin to confess

I have console commanded the game to give me weight 5000 because fuck the weight system that is all

/dinosaur
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
I have a sin to confess

I have console commanded the game to give me weight 5000 because fuck the weight system that is all

/dinosaur

No judgement here, I feel you.
Contact us at support@grindinggear.com!
"
"
I have a sin to confess

/dinosaur

No judgement here, I feel you.

it all depends where on your body you put that weight on.

*evil laugh*
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
It may be the most godly game i have ever played. Can't tell after 16 hours, but i have a good feeling about it.

Stunning. Just stunning.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
Forgot about the whole rubberbanding enemy level system. Softshell mirelurks at level 5 was brutal in survival difficulty.

Restarted a new character at level 7. Realized I screwed up my perks majorly if I want to full time survival mode. aka - more endurance and agility so I can vats and sprint away for days difficulty.

Really wishing I could beef my crappy laptop up to 30fps solid though but it will do with a fairly consistent 17-20 for now. At least now I can focus on the rest of the semester, getting a job and eventually saving up closer to a grand for a gaming desktop and make it more future-proof than aiming for a bare minimum setup for the game.
Friend is going to lend his gt 640 2gb to try in my gf's desktop too because the a8's integrated graphics will run it, just crappily. He will just sell it to her for like half off if it works and get himself a second gtx 660ti. Don't understand why he had those two in the same desktop anyway. Then I might actually get decent fps when she isn't using it and I can make due with my laptop when she is. :P
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on Nov 11, 2015, 11:38:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info