List of Highgate Supporters (104) / Divination Cards (83)

"
Wadjet wrote:
"
Ceryneian wrote:
Gemini claw. Nice.

ding freaking ding:

The Twins

Two sides of a coin;
Heads for a friend, tails a foe;
Gemini toss up

Magic
Gemini Claw of Celebration (Local 26 to 27%)
Item Level: 83

I've always been a big fan of claws, especially elemental claws. Most of my builds are mana intensive, so when the Gemini Claw was introduced I was excited. The implicit of +14 life/mana on hit is what inspired the card art, along with the name. Gemini=Twins for all you non-astrologers out there. The tattered garbs of the girls are obviously colored to represent these 2 resources as well. The in-game 3d art of the claw is even derived from the Gemini symbol that I posted above; it's 2 crescents intertwined.

The flavor text is a haiku (5/7/5) that my friend wrote in college for an English composition class; she passed away 3 years ago. She was a Gemini too, we were very close. Using the orb girls was a no-brainer for me; it symbolized our friendship, that the girls so lovingly embraced our mana and life orbs; the Gemini claws implicit fills our orbs.

I had originally asked for T1 phys damage, but this makes the card very rare, and leaves no diversity. T1 attack speed makes the card more common, and appeals to both physical and elemental builds.

Process was relatively painless; GGG does a great job of getting back with you pretty quick and are as accommodating as they can be I think. Thanks again to Shaun, Gary, Tom, Eban, MikeP, etc.

the blue one has a nice ass... dat ass.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
Wow that's really awesome I love the theme and the references to the old resource girls. Great card!
IGN: TheExiledLego
"
legolaptop wrote:
Wow that's really awesome I love the theme and the references to the old resource girls. Great card!

thx lego!

My original idea was to have each orb girl to wear a crescent amulet, something like:

without that Gemstone in it though. That way you would have a better idea that the claw was actually made up of 2 halves; half from the life girl, half from the mana girl. But, I didn't know if it would show up in enough detail with the way the art style is done on the cards, so I didn't suggest it. And that's not a knock on the art-style for the divination cards; I LOVE Shaun's work.
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
Last edited by Wadjet on Aug 30, 2015, 6:34:14 PM
Hey, just discovered this thread; feel free to add me to the list. My card isn't in game yet, I'll post here again once it's finalized/added.
FYI- my old account was Kolp- I see u still have that one listed on the front page. Someone else claimed "Kolp" the day that ggg switched names for me, but I don't think they're a Highgate Supporter.
-Anubis Hotep
Last edited by Wadjet on Aug 30, 2015, 8:45:22 PM
"
Wadjet wrote:

The Twins

Two sides of a coin;
Gemini toss up

Magic

I've always been a big fan of claws, especially elemental claws. Most of my builds are mana intensive, so when the Gemini Claw was introduced I was excited. The implicit of +14 life/mana on hit is what inspired the card art, along with the name. Gemini=Twins for all you non-astrologers out there. The tattered garbs of the girls are obviously colored to represent these 2 resources as well. The in-game 3d art of the claw is even derived from the Gemini symbol that I posted above; it's 2 crescents intertwined.

The flavor text is a haiku (5/7/5) that my friend wrote in college for an English composition class; she passed away 3 years ago. She was a Gemini too, we were very close. Using the orb girls was a no-brainer for me; it symbolized our friendship, that the girls so lovingly embraced our mana and life orbs; the Gemini claws implicit fills our orbs.

I had originally asked for T1 phys damage, but this makes the card very rare, and leaves no diversity. T1 attack speed makes the card more common, and appeals to both physical and elemental builds.

Process was relatively painless; GGG does a great job of getting back with you pretty quick and are as accommodating as they can be I think. Thanks again to Shaun, Gary, Tom, Eban, MikeP, etc.

good idea, an awesome gemini claw with 27% AS
IGN Jinloman
08:00~24:00 UTC+8 TAIWAN R.O.C.
Mirror Service-thread/556020

I was the one responsible for "The Artist"

I love me some temporal chains
"
bb650427 wrote:
"
Wadjet wrote:

The Twins

Two sides of a coin;
Gemini toss up

Magic

good idea, an awesome gemini claw with 27% AS

Jin, don't tease me. That claw!
-Anubis Hotep
I wish every card made so much sense as the Gemini Claw one! (or at least I wish what most of them were about :()

Great idea, great references, great item. GG GG GG GGG
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:
I wish every card made so much sense as the Gemini Claw one! (or at least I wish what most of them were about :()

Great idea, great references, great item. GG GG GG GGG

wow thanks for that compliment Perq!
-Anubis Hotep

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info