Am I ever gonna drop anything decent?

"
goetzjam wrote:
If you can keep it on topic, I'd like to hear why you think the "crappy trade system" has anything to do with not finding anything valuable. If you can't please PM me. I'd hate to derail this thread, but I would like you or anyone that agrees with you to tell me why you think that.

Basically, the system currently requires you to use third-party programs or to get fucked by dishonest people.
I hardly even bother to try trading anymore, as even when I get decent items, and I already go for a discounted price, people try to get that price even more absurdly low. Hell, even if I did get a 6L shavs, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to get more than 10 exalts out of it.

If we had a good trading system, there's a lot more stuff that could go to the right people instead of going directly to the vendor. Plus, trading would be a lot more enjoyable, as you could get something decent out of the items, rather than have to sell it to what I would call "trade-rapists" who are almost the only active people on the trade chat.
Sure, we wouldn't be able to get our hands on top-tier items more easily, and global currency would remain the same (barring the increase due to better farming efficiency), but we would certainly be more able and willing to upgrade our equipment through intermediate and upper values than we currently are.

Seriously, we really need a good trading system.
Needed drops in poe , are, as Malcom Reynolds so eloquently put it...A long wait for a train don't come. This , unfortunately , has caused all the people I originally came to play with to catch a train to some other game.

Some builds, or top tier quality gear will always be out of reach for most people. Playing the game well , will net you only slightly better odds, and that is only if you learn to play the market well, not the game.

This game is a grinding RNG base game

It's luck based

End
dank
"
bjornNL wrote:
This game is a grinding RNG base game

It's luck based

End

It's an economy based trading game.
"
"
goetzjam wrote:
If you can keep it on topic, I'd like to hear why you think the "crappy trade system" has anything to do with not finding anything valuable. If you can't please PM me. I'd hate to derail this thread, but I would like you or anyone that agrees with you to tell me why you think that.

Basically, the system currently requires you to use third-party programs or to get fucked by dishonest people.
I hardly even bother to try trading anymore, as even when I get decent items, and I already go for a discounted price, people try to get that price even more absurdly low. Hell, even if I did get a 6L shavs, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to get more than 10 exalts out of it.

If we had a good trading system, there's a lot more stuff that could go to the right people instead of going directly to the vendor. Plus, trading would be a lot more enjoyable, as you could get something decent out of the items, rather than have to sell it to what I would call "trade-rapists" who are almost the only active people on the trade chat.
Sure, we wouldn't be able to get our hands on top-tier items more easily, and global currency would remain the same (barring the increase due to better farming efficiency), but we would certainly be more able and willing to upgrade our equipment through intermediate and upper values than we currently are.

Seriously, we really need a good trading system.

I'm confused on why you think the current system is bad.

3rd party argument doesn't work for me for multiple of reasons, but mainly they just access the information posted thru the forums. For example if you use poe.trade to search for an item, where do you think those items are posted? Thats right the official forums.

If you are selling items using either program (procurement or acquisition) it uses information provided by the website and post to the forums. GGG has stated intentions to make this safer, currently you can be a bit safer if you use the session ID vs the login information.

So the current system enables buyers to find items and sellers to list them. Improvements have been made in beta to communication (like afk messages, ect)

As far as scams go, that is people that just scumbag, if you list your item with the correct price you can sell it for its value, if you aren't patient you won't get the best trade for your item.

But I guess it doesn't matter what I say you obviously hate the current system.

"
If we had a good trading system, there's a lot more stuff that could go to the right people instead of going directly to the vendor

Like what 1-5c items, in temp leagues those items sell like crazy, you simply have to list them. For standard no amount of trade system can make these items sell, people have gear from 2 years ago, mirrored gear even, those people aren't going to buy your 5c items.

So tell me what you think would be a good trade system?

And you didn't really address the question on how you think trading has anything to do with finding valuable stuff.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
demon9675 wrote:

This also relates to the crappy trade system we have now, but I don't want to start some big thing about that in this thread lol.

Anyway, the above is likely an oversimplification, but the lack of valuable drops is as much an economic problem as it is an issue of RNG.

Theres a number of mid tier items that are still valuable in standard, but your typical "rats nest, cloak, lightning coil, alpha howl, ect" are all relatively common after the influx with temp leagues and the chest have legacy versions people rather use then the non ones, which keeps the market value of said unqiues much lower.

I don't think the economy has anything to do with the fact I've had shitty RNG overall on drops and luck, that is just the nature of the game by design, like I said hopefully divination cards will at least give me a way to earn or build up to something valuable somewhat eliminating the RNG factor from it.

The other thing that isn't directly related to RNG of drops is the feeling that when I see XX item drop it can be good. D3 does one thing I like and hate at the same time, I like the fact it has beams and it makes it all fancy with sound and colors THAT STAY UNTIL YOU PICK IT UP, they also don't blatantly give away what item it is before its identified (for the most part) While I hate the idea of ancient items, it does still give you that feeling after you get "fully slotted" of possibly finding an upgrade for your character, something I almost never feel in characters I have "completed" something usually limited to just standard. If I find and lessor tier unqiues or currency in temp leagues it actually feels more rewarding, even though it might be worth less buying power. My issue with temp leagues is the exalt ratio goes to insane levels real fast, removing most people's ability to obtain chaos quick enough to capitalize on it and get the items they need for their build.

My only point is that value is determined by the economy. Drops are "shitty" because they won't sell or their price is low because of low demand, and there's an economic problem with many items being valueless on Standard. Especially many uniques. If more items had value, drops would be "better" as a result in that they'd be worth more. This is just one of the angles for looking at drops, the others being RNG-related as you're discussing.

Part of the reason items that would otherwise be good for leveling/some builds are valueless is because trading is difficult and time consuming, so it's not worth trading unless you can get a reliable profit (that can even mean selling really cheap stuff, but only as long as you have confidence it will sell. This is not true of a lot of mid-tier rares, and perhaps even some uniques). Any inefficiency in a trade system is going to reduce trade and item availability/demand. But, again, I really did not want to derail this thread into a trade system discussion, so I apologize if I've accidentally done so.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
Last edited by demon9675 on May 28, 2015, 5:36:09 AM
Majority of core problems for this game are coming from balance around economy and trade. Remove the economy, and most of things will be fixed.
"
goetzjam wrote:
I'm confused on why you think the current system is bad.

The current system requires a notable time (and stash) investment if you want to get anything decent out of it. It's important to be able to trade easily for a game that revolves a lot around grinding.

"
goetzjam wrote:
Like what 1-5c items, in temp leagues those items sell like crazy, you simply have to list them. For standard no amount of trade system can make these items sell, people have gear from 2 years ago, mirrored gear even, those people aren't going to buy your 5c items.

(...)

And you didn't really address the question on how you think trading has anything to do with finding valuable stuff.

Standard isn't limited to the few top-players, there's a lot of other players out there, and being able to occasionnally sell one of the items you grind to someone that actually needs it, even just for a few chaos, would make the grind much more enjoyable than the usual selling everything mindlessly routine.

"
goetzjam wrote:
So tell me what you think would be a good trade system?

If you really want to discuss this I suggest you create a new thread. I'll expose what system comes to my mind there.
I've made suggested thread here:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1282490/page/1/#p10728213

Its quite a read, but I've replied at the end of the first comment to some of the points.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Last edited by goetzjam on May 28, 2015, 10:03:00 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Drops dont really matter to me as I play arbitrage but still... several 90s toons and nothing drop i can use. No T1 drops. anyways sup with dat?

maybe you are one of those players with 1 million dps and 0 mf. i wouldn't be surprised nor do i recognize this problem. i keep finding lots of good stuff all the time. how do you like them apples?

it's interesting that we have such a different experience in this game. don't you agree?
Last edited by kompaniet on May 28, 2015, 11:08:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info