[Unique Chest] I will not rest until this is in the game

I wish I had $1000 to drop back when it was an option

it would be amazing

note that all the "balance" values like armor/ES and damage reduction and resists are tentative but the idea is there

;______;

I specifically made it non-minion non-aura non-totem because he shouldn't be able to have his own army, it would be no fun to have him as an aura bot, and he shouldn't be able to just be an extra totem like Searing Bond for you to sit on (same vein as shouldn't have his own army)

Quote of myself from page three ATTENTION DEVS PLEASE:

"
At the very least, I'd love to hear from a dev to see if they have any plans for Animate Guardian; whether to rework it to allow skills, whether they plan on adding an interface, whether they're thinking about an AG related unique. SOMETHING. If they don't have any plans with it at all and just going to leave it as a glorified zombie with no place in the metagame and no utility for other builds despite it being one of the most interesting minions and skills with arguably the most design space in the game period, I'll just stop bumping. But until I hear something, I'll be here. Because AG is my favourite skill and has so much potential and needs love.
Last edited by SybilCut on Jul 25, 2015, 7:02:32 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
May only be equipped by minions.

Does that mean I cannot equip it myself but can animate it with Animate Guardian?
So how do I put gems in it that the guardian will use?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Animate_Guardian
"
Animated items are consumed by the spell and cannot be recovered. Items containing skill gems cannot be animated, so the Guardian cannot use trigger gems.
i honestly like the idea
"
SuperMotte wrote:
May only be equipped by minions.

Does that mean I cannot equip it myself but can animate it with Animate Guardian?
So how do I put gems in it that the guardian will use?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Animate_Guardian
"
Animated items are consumed by the spell and cannot be recovered. Items containing skill gems cannot be animated, so the Guardian cannot use trigger gems.

I'm certain they could make an exception. Add a line that says "May be animated while containing a skill gem"

Edited OP
Last edited by SybilCut on May 27, 2015, 6:39:34 PM
The big question is: what gem would you put in the socket? :)

Cool idea, I like it.
"
Ceri wrote:
The big question is: what gem would you put in the socket? :)

Cool idea, I like it.

You could give him facebreakers and get him to swing with Infernal Blow, or a 2h and get him using Ground Slam

Or you could give him Arc and deck him out with spell damage gear

Or just make him super tanky and get him to use Abyssal Cry or something
Looks a lot like my submission for supporter unique. Mine got turned down. Eventually I ended up creating the Haku Animate Guardian mod instead of a unique.

I didn't think of the "one socket" drawback, though. My drawback was "you cannot use socketed skills" and was worn by the player, not the Guardian.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 27, 2015, 9:39:21 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Looks a lot like my submission for supporter unique. Mine got turned down. Eventually I ended up creating the Haku Animate Guardian mod instead of a unique.

I didn't think of the "one socket" drawback, though. My drawback was "you cannot use socketed skills" and was worn by the player, not the Guardian.

And I love you for that, I really do. But you just left me wanting more animate guardian. That mod made me think they were actually going to do something with it. That limitless pool of potential. You cocktease. How could you?

While you're here, wanna link your unique? Id love to look at it.
What I submitted and GGG rejected was:

Marionette's Harness
Slot: Body Armour
Visual: Looks somewhat like Strength armour, but gives off the impression of felt doll clothes, a deliberate impression that the gear is an illusory and/or artificial, rather than real, construction. Barely visible threads extend upwards from the character's upper arms and legs, gradually fading into invisibility after a short distance.

Unique Golden Plate
Requires level 56

(60-80)% reduced Local Armour
You cannot use Gems socketed in this item
Your Guardian utilizes Attack Gems socketed in this item
+(80 to 100) to Guardian maximum Life
+(800 to 1000) to Guardian Armour
+(25 to 30)% increased Guardian resistances
+2% to Guardian maximum resistances
Your flesh is invisible

As you can see, the idea was "NecroAegis"ing your entire chest slot to your Guardian.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 27, 2015, 10:13:44 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
What I submitted and GGG rejected was:

Marionette's Harness
Slot: Body Armour
Visual: Looks somewhat like Strength armour, but gives off the impression of felt doll clothes, a deliberate impression that the gear is an illusory and/or artificial, rather than real, construction. Barely visible threads extend upwards from the character's upper arms and legs, gradually fading into invisibility after a short distance.

Unique Golden Plate
Requires level 56

(60-80)% reduced Local Armour
You cannot use Gems socketed in this item
Your Guardian utilizes Attack Gems socketed in this item
+(80 to 100) to Guardian maximum Life
+(800 to 1000) to Guardian Armour
+(25 to 30)% increased Guardian resistances
+2% to Guardian maximum resistances
Your flesh is invisible

As you can see, the idea was "NecroAegis"ing your entire chest slot to your Guardian.

I like the idea of you looking like a guardian, I think it'd be tough to balance properly given that he'd have access to up to 6 moves that he'd probably just rotate through (or one move on a 6-link? damn), and in party itd be hard to tell between you and your guardian. Pretty sweet though otherwise, how you give him one of your pieces, he'd be like your Stand. give him facebreakers and watch him go Jojo. Theres something elegant about equipping him with the piece though
Last edited by SybilCut on May 27, 2015, 10:34:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info