Remove double invulnerability !

Hi there,

I was not sure whether it was a bug or not so I posted it here first: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1281767

I love the "Allies cannot die" mod on monsters as it adds some challenge, but did not encounter a case of double invulnerability until now. And this case was pretty hilarious at first when I understood why none of the bosses could not die.

So I entered that Dry Peninsula map given by Zana's daily, accomplished the mission then went to the boss room, which as you know is really small. Brought both bosses to 1 HP and could not kill them. First boss "Allies cannot die". Second boss "Allies cannot die". So they were both impossible to kill.

While this can be funny to encounter, this can also be an annoyance as both mobs are following the player and therefore protect each other from death.

Can you remove double invulnerability, or are you going to give (more ?) ways of killing this type of mobs (I do not even know if culling strike works), or work around it so it could no longer be an annoyance ?

Here's a screenshot showing the (hilarious at first) case:
Last edited by Culbuto on May 27, 2015, 6:55:56 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Never thought of that situation being possible.

But it is a very rare situation, and there is the hypothetical sollution of luring them away from eachother as a sollution.
Sometimes the game just has to be crazy, so I'm rather ok with this, even if I see your point too.
This is a very own and known thing so one should assume that it is intentional.
And yes the way to deal with them is luring them away from each other.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on May 27, 2015, 7:52:06 AM
What a waste of time for the poor reader of that bug repot which doesn't contain a bug.
This situation is doable but quite annoying. Definitely not a bug, maybe a flaw. I suggest that GGG made so that monsters who grant invulnerability aura cannot get one themselves.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
People have been reporting this "bug" simce zana was invented and the devs stated early on it was intended. I don't really know why people keep thinking they are the first to see something when just a bit of investigation would show otherwise. So much time must be wasted looking through duplicate bug reports searching for the ones they don't know about.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
What a waste of time for the poor reader of that bug repot which doesn't contain a bug.

"
Definitely not a bug

"
People have been reporting this "bug" since zana was invented and the devs stated early on it was intended.

Thanks for reading:
"
I was not sure whether it was a bug or not

I tried to investigate the issue but found nothing relevant or that described the case.

"
I don't really know why people keep thinking they are the first to see something

Most people notice bugs but only a tiny percentage report them. My bad for wanting to report the issue, I will not do it again if it pleases you.

"
But it is a very rare situation, and there is the hypothetical sollution of luring them away from eachother as a sollution.

"
A) you pull them apart and kill separately

I tried by running to a corner of the room, but as I said, this room is very small, so the both of them were always close to each other. Very rare situation indeed, would have been better to deal with with more space.
On the other hand I heard that monsters tend to stay close to each other with the new AI... So let us see what can be done to avoid such cases.

"
This situation is doable but quite annoying. Definitely not a bug, maybe a flaw. I suggest that GGG made so that monsters who grant invulnerability aura cannot get one themselves.

Now that I know about it being intended, I will call it a flaw. That is also what I suggested, but if they can work it around (eg. make this boss room larger) all the better.

Last edited by Culbuto on May 27, 2015, 3:03:28 PM
OP i've seen this personally a handful of times either

or

B) you use culling strike
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
I just did a quick forum search on dry peninsula and the first two hits are threads from over a year ago about this same issue. We really aren't trying to bust your balls about hating the mod - but this one is almost getting to be in the "my regular attacks don't do any damage anymore - only my totems hurt other mobs" realm.....
"
goetzjam wrote:
OP i've seen this personally a handful of times either

or

B) you use culling strike
Culling strike works on enemies with this aura? That's surprising.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info