Remove double invulnerability !

"
"
goetzjam wrote:
OP i've seen this personally a handful of times either

A) you pull them apart and kill separately

or

B) you use culling strike
Culling strike works on enemies with this aura? That's surprising.

If you land it on both of the bosses at the same time then yes.

EDIT: this might not be the case.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Last edited by goetzjam on May 28, 2015, 1:39:13 AM
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
"
goetzjam wrote:
OP i've seen this personally a handful of times either

A) you pull them apart and kill separately

or

B) you use culling strike
Culling strike works on enemies with this aura? That's surprising.

If you land it on both of the bosses at the same time then yes.
Yet another case of "AoE or GTFO".
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
LoL this thread again ! They've put a tree there so you can use line of sight to remove the buff from his allies. Game is hard!
Tree!

Look at the frog which does not have the buff because it's out of sight.
Last edited by Mephisto_n on May 28, 2015, 12:17:41 AM
Holy shit never realized they added a tree for that reason that is pretty epic.

"
Yet another case of "AoE or GTFO".

Not quite, if you roll the map with those mods (in this case it seems like a zana mod) then you can typically plan for the challenge. I don't think they both need hit at the same time with it, but I am not 100% sure, best way would be a trap I think.

If anyone has this map rolled with double boss to test I'd like to know but I am not going to waste alts rolling this map mod just to test.

FeelsBadMan

Culling strike kills things, the mod makes them unable to die. Culling Strike will not be able to kill them (until you being them out of each other's mod, by distance or line of sight).

These mods overlapping is an intended interaction and is unlikely to be changed.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Culling strike kills things, the mod makes them unable to die. Culling Strike will not be able to kill them (until you being them out of each other's mod, by distance or line of sight).

These mods overlapping is an intended interaction and is unlikely to be changed.

If culling strike hits both at the same time would it work?

Perhaps that tree was in the way when I used culling strike in the past.

FeelsBadMan

"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

No, because neither can die due to the other's aura.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
mark1030 wrote:
People have been reporting this "bug" simce zana was invented and the devs stated early on it was intended. I don't really know why people keep thinking they are the first to see something when just a bit of investigation would show otherwise. So much time must be wasted looking through duplicate bug reports searching for the ones they don't know about.

This has been happening since the original Closed Beta back when Dry Peninsula was a level 60 map. It was hilarious then, it's still hilarious now.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
Archwizard wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

No, because neither can die due to the other's aura.

So it must have just been that tree separating it and me throwing multiple traps quickly that lead me to believe it was possible.

FeelsBadMan

"
They've put a tree there so you can use line of sight to remove the buff from his allies.

"
until you being them out of each other's mod, by distance or line of sight

I will not blame you as you have tons of threads to read everyday, including my "bug" report which I know now it is not a bug (you can close it by the way), and am well aware this is 100% intended, BUT you still do not get my point:
- The room for that boss is fairly small: make it larger so it is easier to deal with that case. Work it around !
- I heard the auras will soon ignore line of sight: lol dat tree.
- I also heard monsters will now have a herd behaviour: they will try to stay close to each other.
With these 3 points in mind I can see this issue soon become impossible to deal with (thread should be called "Work around crazy double invulnerability cases !" from that point on).

"
Game is hard!

No it is not at the moment. They plan to make it harder and people from the beta are screaming at this. Fine by me. The game needs to become crazy at some point, otherwise where is the fun. This case is different: it can become an endless "battle". Remember, I am stuck in this room.
On the other hand, if we are not allowed to attack people directly I could tell myself offended by this statement.

"
if you roll the map with those mods (in this case it seems like a zana mod)

As I said in OP, it was a Zana mission that I completed before entering the boss room.

"
It was hilarious then, it's still hilarious now.

I can confirm. Cf OP.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info