4 equals max sockets on a 4 slot item but 4 does not equal max links on a 4 slot?

Playing currently in beta and realised after spamming a few fuse that the item jumped a 4 link, ie max links.

I know it's probably a common complaint but does anyone know of any word on this getting fixed?

Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on May 26, 2015, 7:44:11 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
This will not be fixed as it is not broken. Fuses only fail to work at max links on 6-socket (and I believe 5-socket, someone will correct me if I'm wrong) items. It initially applied to 4-socket items, but this was very poorly received by players, many of whom had common cases where they needed to break a 4-link item into separate 2-socket linked groups or similar to prevent support gems increasing the costs of other skills in the item they weren't wanted on.
We listened to the feedback and changed the system - it's been this way for quite a while.
Yep, since 1.0.0b the same day the game was officially released.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/546607
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Okay, so if I spam Fusings on my six-socket and it hits a six-link, it WON'T skip over it?
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
"
Loreweaver wrote:
Okay, so if I spam Fusings on my six-socket and it hits a six-link, it WON'T skip over it?

Correct it won't break a 6 link ever.

The ability to have 2 2 links IMO was a great change and should stay.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
This will not be fixed as it is not broken. Fuses only fail to work at max links on 6-socket (and I believe 5-socket, someone will correct me if I'm wrong) items. It initially applied to 4-socket items, but this was very poorly received by players, many of whom had common cases where they needed to break a 4-link item into separate 2-socket linked groups or similar to prevent support gems increasing the costs of other skills in the item they weren't wanted on.
We listened to the feedback and changed the system - it's been this way for quite a while.

I realise this as I have been here for quite a while myself, wondering if masters could do the job of breaking links at a cost (random roll) of 1 fuse.

I know it costs 5 fuse for 4 link.. but I don't want to go to the bench all the time as it's becoming the solution to everything. I like to gamble sometimes even in small quantitys.

I'm so much more likely to want to dump a few fuses into an item than to break it's links which is why perhaps having it on the master is more appropriate.

A little surprised the problem hasn't been solved yet as it's seems simple.

Not broken, maybe flawed.

Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on May 27, 2015, 12:13:25 AM
"
AdzPoE wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

I realise this as I have been here for quite a while myself, wondering if masters could do the job of breaking links at a cost (random roll) of 1 fuse.

I know it costs 5 fuse for 4 link.. but I don't want to go to the bench all the time as it's becoming the solution to everything. I like to gamble sometimes even in small quantitys.
What do you mean? Break a 6 link or a 5S5L? Those are the only two situations that a single fusing won't break the links.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on May 26, 2015, 11:41:05 PM
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
AdzPoE wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

What do you mean? Break a 6 link or a 5S5L? Those are the only two situations that a single fusing won't break the links.

I'm suggesting that with the masters in the game perhaps it could be possible to add a feature on vorici's bench for breaking links and make it so manually fusing you cannot skip max item links.

The difficulty of obtaining and value of the 6 link provide the only reasons for not wanting ever to break it's links.

Maybe it's more relevant now with vorici in the game, just a suggestion.

Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on May 27, 2015, 12:56:51 AM
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Loreweaver wrote:

Correct it won't break a 6 link ever.

The ability to have 2 2 links IMO was a great change and should stay.

I'm not saying it should be removed.
Make Things For Smile!
I wanted to point out this inconsistency and perhaps suggest a relevant and logical solution.
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on May 27, 2015, 12:25:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info