4 equals max sockets on a 4 slot item but 4 does not equal max links on a 4 slot?

It takes what, 15 fuses at most to 4link something? It would be a really unnecessary change, just slow down.
IGN: WeenieHuttSenior
US East
"
Caustic2 wrote:
It takes what, 15 fuses at most to 4link something? It would be a really unnecessary change, just slow down.

Yet it takes only one to skip a 4 link. I'm suggesting you eliminate the possibility for human error, what is wrong about that in this case?
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on May 27, 2015, 1:11:19 AM
"
AdzPoE wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
AdzPoE wrote:
I realise this as I have been here for quite a while myself, wondering if masters could do the job of breaking links at a cost (random roll) of 1 fuse.

I know it costs 5 fuse for 4 link.. but I don't want to go to the bench all the time as it's becoming the solution to everything. I like to gamble sometimes even in small quantitys.
What do you mean? Break a 6 link or a 5S5L? Those are the only two situations that a single fusing won't break the links.

I'm suggesting that with the masters in the game perhaps it could be possible to add a feature on vorici's bench for breaking links and make it so manually fusing you cannot skip max item links.

The difficulty of obtaining and value of the 6 link provide the only reasons for not wanting ever to break it's links.

Maybe it's more relevant now with vorici in the game, just a suggestion.

This is a great idea, especially since only players who've played enough to get Vorici to a relevant level will need to do this.
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
Because if you had to use vorici to break it you would only be able to get a two link and two unlinked sockets for one fuse, or you would have to spend three fuses for three links. Also, its just a waste of dev time for a complete non-issue. The only thing you have to do to never do this again is pay the absolute slightest bit of attention.
US East
So you want them to make it so you can't break a 4 link with a fusing? So you can spam fusings without worrying about getting a 4 link and then breaking it? If you plan on mindlessly spamming fusings at it, why wouldn't you just use the master to 4 link? If you aren't planning on mindlessly spamming then there is no risk of going past the 4 link. it's only 5 fusings before you spent more than the master. If you can't click one at a time for 5 fusings, you need to go easier on the caffeine.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
Caustic2 wrote:
Because if you had to use vorici to break it you would only be able to get a two link and two unlinked sockets for one fuse, or you would have to spend three fuses for three links. Also, its just a waste of dev time for a complete non-issue. The only thing you have to do to never do this again is pay the absolute slightest bit of attention.

If you read what I said, I am suggesting that vorici should offer the singular fuse reroll function (breaking any links) and make it so by manual fusing you cannot skip maximum links ever. I see this as a fair improvement. Though, i don't even know what i propose would be possible however we are in a time where what we all thought once impossible has all but happened.
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on May 27, 2015, 1:48:18 AM
"
mark1030 wrote:
So you want them to make it so you can't break a 4 link with a fusing? So you can spam fusings without worrying about getting a 4 link and then breaking it? If you plan on mindlessly spamming fusings at it, why wouldn't you just use the master to 4 link? If you aren't planning on mindlessly spamming then there is no risk of going past the 4 link. it's only 5 fusings before you spent more than the master. If you can't click one at a time for 5 fusings, you need to go easier on the caffeine.

You are getting a bit personal. I spent 4 fusings total, it skipped a 4 link. I don't care about the fusings lost, I've wasted currency on plenty of dumb stuff, knowingly and for fun. I was honestly just making a suggestion I don't see why i'm being flamed for seeing this as a flaw in the game.
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on May 27, 2015, 1:38:57 AM
"
Loreweaver wrote:

This is a great idea, especially since only players who've played enough to get Vorici to a relevant level will need to do this.

I personally would vote for it being on vorici's bench immediately at lvl 3 in aid of being convenient.
Make Things For Smile!
"
AdzPoE wrote:
I don't see why i'm being flamed for seeing this as a flaw in the game.

Because your solution would be a flaw. Imagine you wanted a 2link and a 2link, but you roll a 4link. You then have to break that 4link with a fuse that is guaranteed to not get you a 2-2 link. So then you dump two more fuses and get another 4 link, then have to dump another fuse to break that four link, then have to spend another fuse at least. Or better yet, imagine that its a new league and you don't have vorici at the appropriate level yet. That would be incredibly annoying. As it currently stands, rolling over a four link isn't a problem because of how few it takes.
US East
Last edited by Caustic2 on May 27, 2015, 1:46:12 AM
"
Caustic2 wrote:
"
AdzPoE wrote:
I don't see why i'm being flamed for seeing this as a flaw in the game.

Because your solution would be a flaw. Imagine you wanted a 2link and a 2link, but you roll a 4link. You then have to break that 4link with a fuse that is guaranteed to not get you a 2-2 link. So then you dump two more fuses and get another 4 link, then have to dump another fuse to break that four link, then have to spend another fuse at least. Or better yet, imagine that its a new league and you don't have vorici at the appropriate level yet. That would be incredibly annoying. As it currently stands, rolling over a four link isn't a problem because of how few it takes.

You again haven't read what I propose.

It would be a completely new feature where by adding a randomly rolling fuse function costing 1 fuse (breaking any max linked item's links), it doesnt just break the links it also randomly rolls the items links just as a singular fusing does.

Given that you can cherry pick my comments, overlooking the rest of what I have said astounds me but I guess it shouldn't.
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on May 27, 2015, 1:57:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info