Sunshine and rainbows

"
Sneakypaw wrote:
The question is, when does simply talking about an external product become advertising/promoting?

Just looking at the off topic section there's a thread on umbra (that was already locked), a thread looking for advice on other PC games, music recommendations, favourite hero's (with posts saying "best game etc", etc etc

Could all be taken as advertisement... ;)
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
"
Sneakypaw wrote:

The question is, when does simply talking about an external product become advertising/promoting?

This should generally apply to people promoting their own products. Particularly, those that ask for money or for players to sign up to their website with their in-game content. If you're unsure it's best to simply check with support first - as the rule basically means, it's okay, just check with us first.

Posting about other games that you like in off topic is probably okay.
I guess we can say goodbye to this forum now. Was fun sometimes. Too bad. See you elsewhere.
it could be fun to go 100% vile and see how fast we can get perma-ed. just as a nice send-off.
Jeez calm down. I for one don't think the new guidelines are bad. Restrictive? Yes. In a bad way? Not necessarily. Use common sense and don't be a dick and you'll be fine. I just hope the mod team does the same.

Too bad about the whole "going off topic" issue - I actually always enjoyed that.

I.e. - I posted a screenshot in GD (asking about some changes to the forum), one of the threads on the image had wretches name on it. He commented and said "hey look it's me" to which I replied "no surprise" with another screenshot of the number of posts he'd made. Both comments got removed :(

Might just be me, but I always felt that these sort of things made the forum feel a little more personal/friendly/...
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
"
it could be fun to go 100% vile and see how fast we can get perma-ed. just as a nice send-off.

Yeah, we should totally do that.^^

Then we make a fan forum without the BS rules and create Utopia. :)

I never had so many post edited and post removed PMs in my inbox since the change.
"
"

Yeah, we should totally do that.^^

Then we make a fan forum without the BS rules and create Utopia. :)

I never had so many post edited and post removed PMs in my inbox since the change.

it would only be fun if it was coordinated effort by a lot of folks.

i dont really care about starting another forum. if they don't want us here having fun then frankly I am none too concerned really. it is their video game not mine.
Last edited by FireWalkWithMe on May 18, 2015, 9:02:00 AM
actually getting perma-ed wouldnt be cool now that i think of it. Your trading career would be perma-ed along with a forum ban.
"
actually getting perma-ed wouldnt be cool now that i think of it. Your trading career would be perma-ed along with a forum ban.

Well, you can still play the game tho, right?
"
"

Well, you can still play the game tho, right?

I wouldnt still be playing Path if it werent for trading. So in my case, no.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info