Upcoming changes to Leech

What does this mean for CI and Ghost Reaver? I understand why you want to buff Ranger/Duelist/Marauder leech rates and I agree but the survivability and sustain for CI characters is already a large issue with stun weakness.

There are some times when you just can't "exit" a fight to recharge your ES, as the mechanics dictate and you likely get stun locked if you try to warp/run away. The only real option in these scenarios is to try and kite while leeching, sort of like suppressing fire. I feel like changing leech, as well as changing just about everything else for casters, while not providing any alternatives or changes to the tree is personally very frustrating. I feel like I am jumping through rings of fire just to be able to play a caster and when I get something up to work averagely, it gets nerfed on the caster end.

I hate to sound impatient but its sort of like I'm being told to play anything else but a caster, and I don't like that at all. Are we getting, you know, like anything any time soon?
IGN- Lachleo
3.3 HC CI Cold Crit: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2184026
Awakening Beta Build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1280231/
2.2 HC CI Cold Crit: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1584182
Last edited by Lachesys on May 18, 2015, 10:43:35 AM
"
GGG_Neon wrote:
We, like many gamers

Sorry for an off-topic, but your forum titles got my attention. Did you actually buy the supporter packs while working for GGG?! I have not seen those titles next to other devs' account names...

That would be some serious dedication.
"
GGG_Neon wrote:

All existing values of leech will be substantially reduced, including values on existing items.

Hmmm, can you share the light on Atziri's acuity change then?

<3
Last edited by Larenak on May 18, 2015, 11:00:09 AM
why not make leech in the passive tree global and not physical only ?
Ign: ThatManWithTheBow

"

A maximum leech rate will cap the rate at which you can leech.

Can we get some clarification as to what a leech rate cap means? Before, there wasn't one, so does this mean that the new leech rate scaling available on the tree and through the Life Leech gem hits a ceiling at some point? And then you say that this cap will itself be scalable?

So, for example, the default life leech rate is 10% max HP/s, the leech rate cap is 35% max HP/s for all characters no matter how much "increased life leech rate" you get, but then you can get "+3% maximum life leech rate" on a node, bringing the new leech rate cap to 38% max HP/s? Is that right?
All I'm getting from this whole beta thing is:

"We're trying to make Melee have absolutely no way to deal with reflect and most map bosses. But to compensate for that we'll nerf casters into the ground as well. We're not touching Bow users cause we feel that the superior clear speed and safety they have over other types of builds should remain."
"
Some of the already existing clusters in this region that specialized in specific weapon types will also have leech elements added to them

The problem is...Doing this you will kill the distinct flavor of claws, giving leech to other weapon nodes i think is a rly bad idea!
Last edited by Eilanzer on May 18, 2015, 12:45:35 PM
"
exsea wrote:
leech is the current end game make it or break it mechanic:

early game:
do more damage, get more defense etc use flasks for hp

mid game:
stabilize mana (go bloodmagic for melee) usage, get rid of mana flask, get more defense/damage

pre end game:
maximize damage and defense, lean more towards damage for clear speed

end game:
leech to sustain battles as players might get in situations where their potions are used up it becomes a "outlast the enemy battle" for boss fights (especially for melee, especially for the map boss which shoots a persistant lazer beam - how the F is a melee user gonna avoid that?).

MAKE IT OR BREAK IT end game:
get enough leech + defenses to counteract reflect (very hard to balance).
or
avoid reflect packs/maps (I know I've been avoiding reflect maps)

I STILL DIED?
thanks to reflect mob on a reflect map.

Beating reflect normally? get less damage, kill things slower, attacking the enemy hurts less but you take longer to kill the enemy which the enemy uses to try and damage you more.

GGG pls, i need more effective leech! mana leech on a multistrike/faster attack 6L but being leech capped makes players forced to go blood magic. bloodmagic = more HP loss on top of reflects. dead dead dead dead exile

you have two mings and carnage heart - for a total of -75% health and 3 items without life? and you dare to complain about reflect? playing 6link flicker build? are you serious?
So in 2.0.0 there really is gonna be a "leech cap" as well as the usual leech rate often thought of as a cap by a lot of people.

Gameplay Help subforum is gonna be such a joy to visit the first few days after the patch hits live xD
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
Last edited by Mokihiki on May 18, 2015, 1:07:04 PM
"
TikoXi wrote:
"
Darkblitz9 wrote:
"
GGG_Neon wrote:

[li]Base leech rate will be substantially reduced for both life and mana, with less of a reduction to mana leech rate, bringing it in-line with life leech rate.[/li]

"
GGG_Neon wrote:

While most of these changes are focused towards life leech, mana leech is also being altered. The base maximum mana leech rate will be higher than the current rate on the live server, and opportunities to invest and increase the leech rate further will be available.

These two statements seem to conflict each other, or am I misinterpreting this?

Yes, you are.

Base leech for mana will go down. Max leech rate will go up.

You can leech less, but faster. One of the primary drawbacks to mana leech on melee chars is hitting that rate cap with their 60 int chars and 210 mana pool.

The quote states Base leech rate not just base leech, the way you describe it seems like you're referring to the values present on gear such as "2% physical damage leeched as mana", it is obvious that these values are being lowered, but these aren't values that represent leech rate, just leech amount.

I'm asking if there's a difference, in the quotes provided, between "leech rate" and "maximum leech rate".

I ask this because currently, all leech happens at the same rate, depending on the stat. 20%/second for life, and 12.5%/second for mana.

I'm wondering if the quotes I pointed out mean that there will now be lower and upper bounds to these values or not.

For example: Leech from one enemy 5% of life/second, leech from 3 enemies 15% of life/second, 10 enemies 20% of life/second (20% maximum life leech rate).

I'd also prefer a dev response to avoid any confusion.

IGN: Bravo_Thirsty

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info