[3.2] Scionic Flametank "16k ES ed." (ES-CI-ZO-GR, SR-CWC-FS, extensive guide)

"
endoscient wrote:
"
Pi2rEpsilon wrote:
AA's ability to cut that bit of extra physical damage from high-tier boss slams was much appreciated (I know, I know, good players are not supposed to take boss slams on the chin... but I often do) and what was saved when fighting myriads of melee trash mobs must surely all add up, and while 1.5% regeneration (or rather, 2.25% recovery from regeneration) doesn't seem like much given that there are many sources of regeneration, and while not all enemies would end up cursed, and while having 8-10% evasion with OCC doesn't matter that much - well, it all adds up.

Currently I dropped Vitality for the Herald, instead of Arctic Armor. Since have had no lack of regen yet, but only at T10 so that may change. I also did a Chaos Golem for my 2nd golem for another 4% physical damage reduction.

I also just really love the reflect immune aspect of it too. Nothing annoys me more then having the map you want final drop (or buy it) and getting reflect and having to sell or Chaos it.

If you've dropped both Vitality and Occultist you can no longer stand still in one of the nastiest über labyrinth traps without eventually dying (unless somebody has hit you recently to trigger the Arakaali bonus). Think of the danger you are subjecting yourself to! :p

More to the point, without Vitality you cannot use the leech mod from a Watcher's Eye so will have to rely on Elder Amulet and boot enchant for that, something that may cost you even further regeneration options.

Now, admittedly that might not be a problem for you because I have overengineered the build for tankiness to what might rightly be considered a ridiculous degree, and if you are more on the ball than I am while playing (which is likely as I play very relaxed) you simply won't be taking as much damage in the first place. So you might not encounter any problems. But if you do, consider adding some of the regeneration elements you are eliminating.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
Hi Epsilon! I credited you in my build as promised:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2113507/
Last edited by Novalisk on Mar 18, 2018, 5:20:06 AM
ripped that one build at crazy moded core map at lvl 90 bhc ;)(got 1 shotted in 13.6k es by super fast slam)
I like the idea of being super tanky and facetank most of the game content;
And i absolutly hate sr cwc mechanics, probably gonna try making soemthing simmilar to that(like, it was rly fun build to play xd), but w/o sr cwc set up.
"
LostSinner666 wrote:
ripped that one build at crazy moded core map at lvl 90 bhc ;)(got 1 shotted in 13.6k es by super fast slam)

I am sorry to hear that. I wouldn't have thought a simple Core Eater of Souls slam would be enough to kill you if you were near full ES at 13.6k with Arctic Armour, so I guess those crazy mods included a few damage mods?

"

I like the idea of being super tanky and facetank most of the game content;
And i absolutly hate sr cwc mechanics, probably gonna try making soemthing simmilar to that(like, it was rly fun build to play xd), but w/o sr cwc set up.

Then you've got an excellent opportunity to try changing it into something else. :)

How about a melee build of some sort? You've already got the strength?

Or if sticking to spells, there's one weird variation I've been considering based around spellcasting with the new Disintegrator staff - the life loss per second from siphoning charges is obviously irrelevant - together with a Cyclopean Coil and otherwise much the same build; Add an elder/shaper amulet (many good variants for the build) and you are already at 0.6% life leech, so if you can get a Watcher's Eye with +maxES for +maxMana (expensive in softcore, no idea about hardcore prices) that'll mostly make up for the lack of a shield. And you'll probably use more. Ethereal Knives or Bladefall might work well as main skills though there might be mana management issues. Absolutetely worst case one could use a mana leech in the link.

mmm, probably too risky to try for hardcore; better stick with the Doon/Shield combination.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
"
Novalisk wrote:
Hi Epsilon! I credited you in my build as promised:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2113507/

Thank you. It is a fine guide; I especially love the detail of taking fearsome advantage of all elemental resistances being equal to use an otherwise seldom used unique flask.

Now, all you need to do is to only use unique flasks as well and you'll have made the most unique build of them all. ;)
Saving
Build is going great, downed Hydra and Chimera so far without too much trouble. Died once on each of them, but it was my first time ever doing them.

Thinking about a way to fit in Fortify, to have another defense if things are getting hairy. Only way I can see though is by dropping Flame Dash, and doing Shield Charge - Fortify. Don't have room for Faster Attacks, so would feel pretty bad to use it for movement (and can't get over walls). Colors aren't compatible with Flame Dash either, so can't swap it per map either. Doesn't really seem worth it, since if its that clunky to use I probably won't when its needed.

Bought a white Hubris Circlet with the enchant for 10c, and after about 50 Alterations and 5 Regal/Scours I got it to this. Really happy with the result, think I am going to spend the 2ex to craft multiple modifiers and strength onto it as well. After I put it on I can also swap just one of my jewels to have all my resists equal for The Wise Oak.
Last edited by endoscient on Mar 21, 2018, 10:13:48 PM
endoscient, I've been working the last week on updating the build to a CHI-ELE focus after the discussion with you and other players in this league, and based on my own experiences with leveling a new Bestiary flametank as leaguestarter.

I will be posting an updated guide in the first post within a day or so from now, but without having checked exactly how your CHI-ELE variant differs it would appear that I've solved your issue of adding in Fortify without losing Flame Dash, so you must have been doing things slightly different from what I've come up with.

The 3.2.1 version features notable changes:
  • A change to CHI-ELE as the main and sole supported variant
  • Elemental Reflect immunity
  • Two stone golems - you don't get twice the regen bonus, but you do get twice the AOE taunts
  • Elemental Overload now provided by Orb of Storms; the beloved volcanos are gone to free up links
  • Fortify buff provided by Shield Charge-Fortify; also handy for semi-rapid movement
  • Arcane Surge provided by Flame Dash and Orb of Storms
  • Loses some regeneration
  • Gains modest damage against trash mobs and considerable damage against bosses
  • One curse rather than two; Warlord's Mark until you have good gear that provides leech after which you may or may not want to swap it for Enfeeble (or flammability if so inclined)
  • Can in principle die to the nastiest labyrinth traps if you stand still and let them hurt you for a sustained period of time without having enemies attacking you and triggering your automatic leech defenses and Arakaali. Solution to this minor problem: Don't do anything THAT stupid.

EDIT: HERE is a pastebin to my level 88 Beastiary Flametank if you want to see how I solved my link setups.
Last edited by Pi2rEpsilon on Mar 22, 2018, 6:42:34 AM
@endoscient

Took at look at your character and there's one thing that really puzzles me. It lists you as using Controlled Destruction *twice* in your 6L, which means that one of them is being ignored so you are effectively using a 5L anyhow.

If this is the case, you really should replace one of those Controlled Destructions with an Elemental Focus to get another 40%+ MORE multiplier in your link.

Also, if you'll take some gear advice, I assume you have a long-term plan of replacing that 237 ES shield for something substantially better but if not you really should. It does have nice resistances that right now you can't cover anywhere else, but it ought to be fairly cheap to get a shield with another 60-100 base ES (or more) and less resistances, and then compensate by having a resistance focus on rare jewels.

Now, granted that you are using the Wise Oak so perhaps the resistances being equal on the shield justifies the current shield as helping to keep them equal overall, but well, it is keeping your maxES substantially down to still be using a 237 ES shield at level 91.
"
Pi2rEpsilon wrote:
Took at look at your character and there's one thing that really puzzles me. It lists you as using Controlled Destruction *twice* in your 6L, which means that one of them is being ignored so you are effectively using a 5L anyhow.

Oh my god, thank you. When I was buying gems to get 21/0s and 19/20s I must have derped and bought a 2nd Controlled Destruction over a Elemental Focus.

Speaking of gems, do you think it might be worth it to slot in Concentrated Effect for harder bosses? You lose a good amount of Scorching Ray dps, but I wonder if the more Firestorm hits make up for that.

I use both a Chaos Golem and a Stone Golem in its CWDT link, so I can get both of their buffs because of Elementalist. Think the Chaos Golem is worth keeping around, I am going to try Shield Charge and no Flame Dash and see how it feels.

Yea, on the lookout to upgrade my shield next. With my current one having so much resists, trying to maintain The Wise Oak, and have a slot to craft strength, I haven't found something perfect yet. I might just give up trying to get one I can craft strength on.
Last edited by endoscient on Mar 22, 2018, 12:39:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info