[3.2] Scionic Flametank "16k ES ed." (ES-CI-ZO-GR, SR-CWC-FS, extensive guide)

I recorded a Hydra run with the updated flametank, for those who want to see what it plays like now when well geared.

It is still much slower at clearing and killing bosses than high damage builds, it goes without saying, but it certainly feels safe.

First 3.6 video

Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
Last edited by Pi2rEpsilon on Mar 12, 2019, 4:32:09 PM
"
Pi2rEpsilon wrote:
Interesting idea, WyvernG, but do you really think that a 12s oh-shit button recovering ~30% ES (when you already recover some 50-60% ES/s under normal circumstances) is worth losing both the extra base ES from Geofri's AND the ES% increases lost due to spending extra skill points to pick up Zealot's Oath manually (3-5 depending on exact build - at high levels a skillpoint is usually worth at least 80-100 total ES in this build, as that's what you get for plunking it in a +10 STR node, and often more)?

Depends on how high ES you can craft, of course, but if it only around 900 ES, we are still talking about ending up with a total energy shield that'll be about 1k lower than if sticking with Geofri's Sanctuary (and correspondingly lower recovery from regeneration and leeching.

OTOH there's also that shaper mod that recovers ES on kill, I guess, though it is possible that we are running out of mods on the hypothetical super-crafted ES armour. Something to play around with in Path of Building, I guess.
Can't say how it would play out in practice, what I do know is having an instance ES heal last league was oh so nice. For this build, as you rightly point out the chest would need such a high ES base that for practical purposes it's more an exercise in theory and wishful thinking than anything else.
Damage pen or Fire damage?
"
ssgtparker wrote:
Damage pen or Fire damage?

Pardon? What's the question again?
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
Sorry didn't clarify for the watcher's eye running anger would you recommend pen or damage? I have one that leaches and has ES on hit wanted to shop for another mod of use.
Last edited by ssgtparker on Mar 14, 2019, 2:45:01 AM
"
ssgtparker wrote:
Sorry didn't clarify for the watcher's eye running anger would you recommend pen or damage? I have one that leaches and has ES on hit wanted to shop for another mod of use.

If the choice is between the two, penetration.

I will say, though, that if the choice if between penetration as the only useful mod on a Watcher's Eye and firedamage plus another useful modifier helping ES or recovery, always go with the one with two modifiers.

The difference in damage increase between the penetration% and firedamage% versions isn't that large that it should trump getting an extra useful modifier.
Last edited by Pi2rEpsilon on Mar 14, 2019, 10:40:48 AM
So I finally got a hold of a i83 Elder Crystal belt been chaos spaming it off and on for days
Rarity: Rare
Carrion Buckle
Crystal Belt
--------
Requirements:
Level: 79
--------
Item Level: 83
--------
+75 to maximum Energy Shield
--------
+14 to Strength
+47 to maximum Energy Shield
+45% to Lightning Resistance
5% increased Effect of Flasks on you
10% increased Attributes
9% chance for your Flasks to not consume Charges
--------
Elder Item

14 Str feels bad man.... But I will say this it added 1.8k es to the build and over 1k damage to incinerate.
Last edited by ssgtparker on Mar 19, 2019, 10:11:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info