[3.2] Scionic Flametank "16k ES ed." (ES-CI-ZO-GR, SR-CWC-FS, extensive guide)

Hi, I really like the build, although I have trouble soloing merciless labyrinth, due to the fact that he nearly one shots me with Mortar Barrage. Do you have any suggestion what items should I replace?
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/BATMAN01/characters - Git_Gut
(I would post pastebin link but my path of building has problem importing my character)
Your rings and amulets should have 50 str each before any other stats. It's just how it works.
Also you haven't unspecced 2 life passives from leveling. And you haven't made the absolutely necessary CWDT - blood rage - IC link (don't forget you need arakaali power with arachnoxia boss soul captured for that).

Still can't understand how merci izaro could ever put a dent on it.

Last edited by tm10067 on Dec 22, 2017, 6:20:41 AM
Hi, I just transitioned into the flame tank form after farming to lvl80 with just blade vortex.
This build is really fun and very tanky. Not the greatest clearspeed, but this is the go to build if you wanna watch tv/youtube/twitch while you farm uberlab or hard maps without having to focus too much (or at all).

Thank you for this guide. Really easy to follow and mechanics explained in detail.

Also check out what I managed to snag for 3ex. Perfect for this build.
"
tm10067 wrote:
Your rings and amulets should have 50 str each before any other stats. It's just how it works.
Also you haven't unspecced 2 life passives from leveling. And you haven't made the absolutely necessary CWDT - blood rage - IC link (don't forget you need arakaali power with arachnoxia boss soul captured for that).

Still can't understand how merci izaro could ever put a dent on it.

Thanks for the help :)
Cyclopean_Coil This belt give u a 15% more STR.
The hierophant ascendancy give a ~1000ES form mana.
I see you were talking about herald of thunder in the recovery session...but when you look at your links there is no herald. Im confused should I be unlinking something or do I need an unset ring?
"
Dontbejello wrote:
I see you were talking about herald of thunder in the recovery session...but when you look at your links there is no herald. Im confused should I be unlinking something or do I need an unset ring?

He is talking about the herald of thunder soul from the map bosses, not the gem link. With the expansion you get this by using a Divine Vessel alongside a Tier 3 Arcade map, killing the boss, then retrieving the Divine Vessel from the map device. This is then triggered by the gem link in the shield. Note that for it to work perfectly you need the link to be red > green > red to socket CWDT > blood rage > immortal call. This is to make sure that the first time you take damage, immortal call is triggered after blood rage which then procs the herald of thunder. The guide tells you there is 1 bad colour combination but I seem to remember from testing there are two bad setups. So try for a red > green > red just to be sure. If you don't get the colors in the right order don't worry, even the "bad" color combos work in all situations apart from on bosses that hit you very slowly (uber lab/merciless lab boss). So on these very specific bosses, if you have the colours in the wrong order, you should actually remove the setup to make sure you dont suffer damage from blood rage. When trying for red > green > red, make sure to use "red + green" on the crafting table. This should auto fill in the first as red and the second as green. Then pray the third goes red (about a one in 6 chance if your shield doesn't have armour, and a one in 2 chance if it does have armour). FINALLY the defense sheet only shows "recharge" being improved and not "regeneration". Hopefully this is a bug. I didn't get round to asking the developers or testing yet. I did test it on a life build I believe and it did improve health "regeneration" even though it didnt show on the sheet and it is hard to accurately test. I never tested energy shield "regeneration" though.

Biggest answer ever to such a simple question :D

P.S. If anyone wants to test that it would be great. I don't know how this is possible to accurately test.
Last edited by Bobthegoat69 on Jan 2, 2018, 5:56:26 AM
"
Dontbejello wrote:

Just as a follow up I did test it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGgQ22Nzldg&feature=youtu.be

ES regeneration is improved. It just isn't displayed on the defense sheet.
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand the Scion Flametank. The build is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of the calculus of min/maxing all of the most important stats most of the DPS will go to shit for a typical player. There’s also the complexities of the Energy Shield regeneration, which is deftly woven into the passive tree - like the use of Energy from Within near maximum life nodes, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depth of layering within the stat choices, to realise that they’re not just selected at random - they all reinforce the core mechanic of IRON WILL. As a consequence people who dislike Scion Flametank truly ARE idiots - of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the choice of Ghost Reaver when combined with Warlord's mark, which itself is a deft choice to enable faster ES regen under extreme pressure from bosses. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Pi2rEpsilon's genius wit unfolds itself on their monitors. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, I DO have a Scorching Ray tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only - and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎
very Nice Buid.....50 lvl and going......Looking forward to try the endgame with it. 1 question.....if i somehow manage to add a totem in the build, do u think chieftain ascendancy would be better than berserker? thnx in advance
Last edited by silotolis on Jan 20, 2018, 7:22:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info