Spiritual successor to Castlevania SOTN Kickstarter

"
...To be fair, the Megaman spiritual successor went bust because the guy funneled a bunch of money into a side project, from what I've heard.

Nah.
Many people charged back because they wanted to make it look like that the artist was a fan just investing into kickstarter and being hired but in reality she was there since the beginning. On top of that she became CM.
The CM fucked up and that caused chargebacks.

"
It comes out sept. 15th this year. Guess we'll see.

8 Robotmasters, 2-4 stagebosses + final boss isn't the MM formula.

The franchise tried something new over time, some stuff worked other didn't.

Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
2.5M/ 500k goal... 2 weeks left. Well... okay then XD
Last edited by TheWretch on May 21, 2015, 10:25:22 PM
I never played Castlevania before, which game would you recommend? I have a PS3 and I guess I can emulate everything else.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Hmm for a more straight forward platformer experience id play Castlevania 4 SNES . For the true metroidvania experience I'd play Symphony of the Night PSX.

The GBA ones were solid too.

But my personal all time favorite will always be..

Spoiler
Last edited by TheWretch on May 22, 2015, 12:02:34 AM
Rondo of Blood is a predecessor to Symphony of the Night that it's worth playing, and then, if you want a truly challenging game, try Order of Ecclesia.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
NeroNoah wrote:
Rondo of Blood is a predecessor to Symphony of the Night that it's worth playing, and then, if you want a truly challenging game, try Order of Ecclesia.

WAT, order was the easiest one on the DS. It had the best artwork though and therefore the most famous.

For hardest on DS and most content it would be Portrait of Ruin. which ironically (or maybe not) has the worst artwork of them all.
Only flaw of that game would be that it didnt have a Alucard/Soma/Shanoa character and therefore lacks the soul absorption system. But it had 7 or so playable characters and one of the best final boss battles. (Ecclesia is a complete joke in that regard)
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on May 22, 2015, 2:08:08 PM
Ahhh I hate chyou guys *scrambles for a ds emulator

I never played them but Bloodlines and Portrait of Ruin's WW1-2 settings have me drooling
Last edited by TheWretch on May 22, 2015, 2:29:39 PM
Thanks for posting about this. Been dreaming something like this would happen for years. Iga's the man.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info