Spiritual successor to Castlevania SOTN Kickstarter

"
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
those screenshots make the game look so cheap.

That's cause they're not screenshots at all but concepts. Reading's hard..

E: Well it hit its goal in the first day lol, its looking good.

okay, then the concepts look like shit.

meh, I like em'. It got funded in a day, guess i'm not the only one.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Interesting tidbit: All ten "Design-A-Weapon" backer rewards going for 2,000 a pop are already sold out.

I'm tempted to say that GGG was the first to try this, or at least the first to popularize it. It looks like IGA + co. refined it by both giving it a very limited amount (only ten as opposed to the hundred(?) PoE has released and queued up), and by charging quite a bit more for it, $2,000.

If people are going to eat through those rewards at evel 2k a pop, I wonder where the upper limit is. Also worth noting, there are a LOT of people buying the physical rewards. More than I usually see for these kinds of deals.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
"
TheWretch wrote:

meh, I like em'. It got funded in a day, guess i'm not the only one.

no doubt. i looked at it when you posted it: it was just over 500k. a few hours later 900k+.
So looks like we got a new trend, where devs bring their old games to kickstarter with a new name because they have no licenses for their old stuff. Next up: Kojima brings us Mental Gains Salad :3
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on May 12, 2015, 7:58:12 AM
TBH it isn't really a trend you can count the good games released in a year by 1 hand.

Old games had hearth behind them. Modern games are mostly rushed unfinished DLC ripoffs, with good graphics.

Resident Evil 4 was the last good Resident Evil but it wasn't a survival Horror game.
5 was a shooter and 6 was COD with zombies.

Castlevania has so many games but TBH I remember only like 4 because they were different.
The average Castlevania game is always like you got a whip character fighting a bat/armored thing/dragon/dog or whatever, then you fight the Grim Reaper at some point, eventually Legion and then Dracula in 2-3 forms.

"
Xavderion wrote:
So looks like we got a new trend, where devs bring their old games to kickstarter with a new name because they have no licenses for their old stuff. Next up: Kojima brings us Mental Gains Salad :3

free development money where they can either get up in the morning if they feel like it, or drink themselves into oblivion if they dont.

not really a new trend. it is the very basis for KS.
"
Xavderion wrote:

New trend..? So far megaman, fallout, shadowrun now castlevania and a shitload of others. It started 2-3 years ago.

Oops. Fire beat me to it. Yup essentially that's what videogame kickstarters bank on. For unknowns yes, they can easily take the money and run, and they have. Id only back someone with 15+ years in the industry who has a serious reputation at stake. Sorry noobs, no kickstarter $$$ from me. Dev it alone like every other indie dev since the beginning of time. If its worth people's money and time it will sell once it comes out. If not, well, their loss, not mine.
Last edited by TheWretch on May 12, 2015, 4:06:40 PM
Just checked. This thing tripled its funding goal in under 48 hours. Their heads must be reeling with stretch goals. That must be some kind of record..
"
TheWretch wrote:
For unknowns yes, they can easily take the money and run, and they have. Id only back someone with 15+ years in the industry who has a serious reputation at stake. Sorry noobs, no kickstarter $$$ from me. Dev it alone like every other indie dev since the beginning of time. If its worth people's money and time it will sell once it comes out. If not, well, their loss, not mine.

...To be fair, the Megaman spiritual successor went bust because the guy funneled a bunch of money into a side project, from what I've heard.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
"
gilrad wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
For unknowns yes, they can easily take the money and run, and they have. Id only back someone with 15+ years in the industry who has a serious reputation at stake. Sorry noobs, no kickstarter $$$ from me. Dev it alone like every other indie dev since the beginning of time. If its worth people's money and time it will sell once it comes out. If not, well, their loss, not mine.

...To be fair, the Megaman spiritual successor went bust because the guy funneled a bunch of money into a side project, from what I've heard.

It comes out sept. 15th this year. Guess we'll see.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info