Mute Shade of the Axiom etc.

Thanks for the quick response Andrew.
Guild Leader - LÉGÄCY

POE is happy good luck fun time for great imperialistic leaders!
Andrew, could you possibly categorize this as an ambient sound in-game? I can't think of a reason for it to count as a game sound since it has absolutely no game effect (other than to make it difficult to silence and cause players to suffer in some way for avoiding an MTX sound, but I'll assume better of you than that). I would gladly disable ambient sounds if it got rid of this incredibly annoying sound, even if it meant eliminating the rest of the ambient sounds which are actually nice and add value to the game, unlike this garbage which is awful enough to keep me from playing it.

The terribleness of this effect really stands out in a game with an otherwise excellent sound design. The Beyond demons' non-stop noise-vomit is still mindbogglingly terrible, but I can at least reroll Beyond map mods. Damn it sucked when that league was active, though.
"
Jennik wrote:
Andrew, could you possibly categorize this as an ambient sound in-game?

This actually could be the solution :)
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Strongly don't support this change recently made.

It badly gotten inferior from a superior quality product.o(〒﹏〒)o
The Gemling Queen favours 'NotACuckRoach'.

Ethaereal │ Exaltreal │ Cherrubim │ Erremes │ Khainne │ Kaelous │ Balzael
Powered by 2015 Alienware 17" R2 laptop · Standard League · BLÔW Guild · Bird-Day - Aug 7, 2012
人生はただのゲームだ。楽しむために生きろ。勝利をつかむため遊べ。人生に勝ち、そして喜ぶために生きろ。o(^▽^)o ♪
d
Last edited by Jennik on Dec 11, 2015, 10:08:31 AM
"
Jennik wrote:
It's been quite a while now and these things are still extremely awful. They suck slightly less than they did originally, though, which I guess is something. Please mute them in towns or give players a setting to disable the sounds somehow.

Agreed. To be fair the Shade of the Axiom and Bloodletter Shade (green and red demons) are fine IMO. The worst offender is the Lunaris one (blue). If you happen to be engrossed in the game, rifling through your stash for something and someone pops next to you with that loud blue bastard while you are wearing headphones it's absolutely deafening. The volume difference between it and all the other sounds in game is completely out of balance.
Guild Leader - LÉGÄCY

POE is happy good luck fun time for great imperialistic leaders!
"
Jennik wrote:

Also, please never give players the ability to pay cash to annoy other players in towns again. At least make it so that we have to party with players using an annoying microtransaction before it spews noise pollution at us.

^ This. Paid cash to troll. The towns are now filled with desperate attention-seekers going whoosh, whoosh, whoosh, whoosh, whoosh, incessantly.
.. and now half of the pets make loud noises too!!! People not only want to show their MTXness but also make me listen to it.

I have PoE set to not mute when in background so I can hear if a friend messages me. The noisy MTX' were driving me crazy so I started parking in my HO. However I don't have a HO in Talisman yet and even standing as far away from the stash as I can I still hear Shades and pets. Is that a wolf pet barking? Do wolves even bark?

QoL is really taking a back seat to $$$$
~DemiDemon~

Playing almost every day since Beta version 0.9.1 in 2011.
"
DemiDemon wrote:
.. and now half of the pets make loud noises too!!! People not only want to show their MTXness but also make me listen to it.

I have PoE set to not mute when in background so I can hear if a friend messages me. The noisy MTX' were driving me crazy so I started parking in my HO. However I don't have a HO in Talisman yet and even standing as far away from the stash as I can I still hear Shades and pets. Is that a wolf pet barking? Do wolves even bark?

LOL, thanks for stopping the wolves barking - now can you please get them to cut down on their cocaine habits? The towns are full of the sounds of wolves snuffling like they work on Wall Street. The Wolves of Wall Street. ;)
~DemiDemon~

Playing almost every day since Beta version 0.9.1 in 2011.
Last edited by DemiDemon on Jan 1, 2016, 7:52:08 PM
"
DemiDemon wrote:

You can mute sound when in background and if someone whispers you the PoE Icon in your Task Bar should blink. At least it does for me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info