Terrible.

So, I've been waiting 3 months for an invite, I joined on the 22 August. Some guy just got an invite after 3 DAYS!

'Cause this invite system is as fair as it can be.
I get that they want to get people who dont post involved and all but Im willing to bet tht like 85% of these no-post accounts are probably people who dont even remember their email and these beta keys are going to huge waste
"
VenomViper wrote:
Fair means everyone gets a chance, even the guys who've only been waiting 3 days.
"
Blunthex wrote:
Im willing to bet tht like 85% of these no-post accounts are probably people who dont even remember their email
Why do people on this forum seem to assume that most people never check their email or will forget what it is? I have never met anyone who was in danger of forgetting their own email or didn't check it at least reasonably regularly.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Nov 21, 2011, 7:49:59 PM
very true
I bet there's lot of people that creates more than just one account to get a Beta Key, but I doubt there's any way to know this. If you guys are getting more and more players in-game, then it's working.

_
i got my beta key 3 hours after joining path of exile forums and i have to say the people who joined long before should have the priority but that's not how it work, they want everyone to have the same chance at getting the betakey, i hope you get one ;) the game is awesome.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
VenomViper wrote:
Fair means everyone gets a chance, even the guys who've only been waiting 3 days.

Yes Mark, it's TOTALLY UTTERLY FAIR to have account spammers, and people who've been registered for ONLY ONE DAY to get a key before your REAL fans of the game, i.e.: Those waiting for months and months, THEN when people call this out, you put it upon US to show YOU proof. YOU......the people who RUN the selection server, and have direct access to the information needed to determine whether or not duplicate keys ARE being sent. Some bozo registers an account YESTERDAY, and gets a key TODAY. I call shenanigans. Better yet, I call GGG out: I assume since your so-called "random" selector draws from the user database, that a LOG is created? Take a look at it sometime. I could bet my last penny that account spammers make up a VERY good chunk of repeat keys. But hey, like you've said all along: This is a feature, and is BROKEN as intended. Or was that Sony with EQ1? Bah, I can't remember.....
"
Blunthex wrote:
Im willing to bet tht like 85% of these no-post accounts are probably people who dont even remember their email
Why do people on this forum seem to assume that most people never check their email or will forget what it is? I have never met anyone who was in danger of forgetting their own email or didn't check it at least reasonably regularly.

I personally have a cable isp email, a university email, a junior college email, a hotmail, gmail, AND Yahoo email account. I check usually only my cable isp email and my university email, and always forget or mostly just dont bother to check the others. So there.....you've now met someone who fits that description. Point here is don't insist that what you've seen or HAVEN'T seen is reality. That's simply self-centered deflective rhetoric that practically SCREAMS unprofessional. Like I said in a different thread earlier: This "Head in the sand" approach that nothing's wrong, backed by weak language to deflect and deter those who disagree with the system as it stands/was established says to me at least that essentially the SAME attitude will eventually bleed into the finished product, i.e.: Introduce a broken and/or mismanaged concept/change, and tell the masses "Everything's fine!" as they look upon the resulting carnage, dumbfounded.
Last edited by rashed85 on Nov 21, 2011, 11:47:51 PM
"
rashed85 wrote:

I personally have a cable isp email, a university email, a junior college email, a hotmail, gmail, AND Yahoo email account. I check usually only my cable isp email and my university email, and always forget or mostly just dont bother to check the others. So there.....you've now met someone who fits that description. Point here is don't insist that what you've seen or HAVEN'T seen is reality. That's simply self-centered deflective rhetoric that practically SCREAMS unprofessional. Like I said in a different thread earlier: This "Head in the sand" approach that nothing's wrong, backed by weak language to deflect and deter those who disagree with the system as it stands/was established says to me at least that essentially the SAME attitude will eventually bleed into the finished product, i.e.: Introduce a broken and/or mismanaged concept/change, and tell the masses "Everything's fine!" as they look upon the resulting carnage, dumbfounded.

Usually people who Register for things use an email account that they check or have it set to forward to an account they do check. Cause that just COMMON SENSE. GGG explanation of the randome beta invite system is reasonable AND fallows the basic principle of random selections if you have a problem with the way the system and do not understand how it works i suggest taking a basic course on statistic. As to all this complain its pointless we are lucky they are inviting as many people as they are so just relax and either wait for a beta invite / friend invite or just wait for open beta

~Mike
Last edited by faelan on Nov 22, 2011, 12:30:34 AM
Yeah, just terrible. 'Cause the QQ'ers have figgered out the awful truth: Chris and the GGG staff arean't really busting their humps and working hard to get PoE out as quickly as possible, while taking great pains to ensure that the game is the best it can be upon release. No, what they're really doing is sitting in plush chairs around a table in a dimly-lit, smoke-filled room, lighting Cuban cigars with hundred-dollar bills, chuckling evilly every time a same-day registered person gets selected by the e-vuhl Beta Timer.

Grow up, ya noobs! =>[.]<=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Yeah, just terrible. 'Cause the QQ'ers have figgered out the awful truth: Chris and the GGG staff arean't really busting their humps and working hard to get PoE out as quickly as possible, while taking great pains to ensure that the game is the best it can be upon release. No, what they're really doing is sitting in plush chairs around a table in a dimly-lit, smoke-filled room, lighting Cuban cigars with hundred-dollar bills, chuckling evilly every time a same-day registered person gets selected by the e-vuhl Beta Timer.

Grow up, ya noobs! =>[.]<=

SHHH dont tell everyone the secret about the Cuban's or that the next delivery for them is tomorrow another 300 Cigars

BUT back to topic were all waiting so no point of QQing well all get in eventually some just soon then others and hey Open beta is coming sooner every day

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info